Clear All
  • Stevilito
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 21 - Poster By The Book
    • Apr 2007

Bill Gates Showing off his Expensive Table

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/sticker-shock/v...able-264453.php

bill gates new pc/table thingy thing

i personally dont like it, it just seems pointless and at £10,000 when it finally retails seems a bit too expensive
  • lazy_airship
    GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
    • Apr 2007

It brings a new meaning to kids drawing on the table.

If anyone has seen "The Island" (with Ewan McGregor) one of the characters has a table he can draw on etc.

Maybe they will start to release the Microsoft furniture range such as the Windows couch- "The ultimate sloth computer-user product"

Comment

• lazy_airship
      GETLAZY MEMBER
      Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
      • Apr 2007

LMAO!!

Yes it was a terrible movie- and to cover my arse! I never saw the film all the way through and it was on Foxtel.

Comment

• TarpLT
        GETLAZY MEMBER
        Level 10 - LazyTowner
        • May 2007

My grandma was telling me about this. It looks pretty cool, but I doubt it will be very popular...

Comment

• M_B
          GETLAZY MEMBER
          Level 12 - Lazy Scout
          • Apr 2007

Re: Bill Gates Showing off his Expensive Table

Originally posted by Stevilito
          http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/sticker-shock/v...able-264453.php

bill gates new pc/table thingy thing

i personally dont like it, it just seems pointless and at £10,000 when it finally retails seems a bit too expensive
          Not £10,000, $10,000, USD, so it's really about £5,200 or whatever.

It's very expensive but the price will go down in a while. Not sure what makes it pointless, though...

Comment

• Ultra Magnus
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 29 - Villain Number One
            • May 2007

It looks like a pile of shit.
            Hopefully that's just a prototype or whatever, and the actual $10,000 product will look better.

Sure it's flash, but it seems like there's no advantage to having it other than looking smug and ****ing around with it whilst saying in the most smarmy way possible "Hey, look at what my table can do."

It looks like the kind of piece of shit gadget that you'd get bored with within a week or two, or after you've run out of friends to show it to, whichever comes first, and it'd sit in the corner of your spare room breeding dust bunnies.

No sir, I don't like it.

Comment

• Mosheddy
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
              • Apr 2007

The idea behind it is good and I guess atm they still have a business product in mind but no wai is this practical enough to put in your home. Be nice to have something like this built directly into the floor or walls of your house though.

Comment

• Ultra Magnus
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                • May 2007

It looks to me like Mr. Gaytz is marketing it toward both business and consumer customers.

The credit card thing is definately a business feature.
                It is kinda cool, but equally as creepy.

The camera thing, though, is totally a consumer feature.
                I mean, imagine if that was in a restaurant and you absent-mindedly put your digital camera on the table (crazier things have happened), then suddenly bam!
                Your personal photos just got automatically uploaded into the table in a ****ing public building.

I'm sure it would let you delete them again, but I doubt it'd let you go trawling through the cache, so they'd be stuck on there.

Comment

• ooozmin
                  Former moderator
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  • May 2007

Imagine YTMNDing on that

Comment

• M_B
                    GETLAZY MEMBER
                    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
                    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Ultra Magnus
                    Hopefully that's just a prototype or whatever, and the actual $10,000 product will look better.

Sure it's flash, but it seems like there's no advantage to having it other than looking smug and ****ing around with it whilst saying in the most smarmy way possible "Hey, look at what my table can do."

It looks like the kind of piece of shit gadget that you'd get bored with within a week or two, or after you've run out of friends to show it to, whichever comes first, and it'd sit in the corner of your spare room breeding dust bunnies.

No sir, I don't like it.
                    You didn't hear him say the word restaurant or store?

Comment

• Ultra Magnus
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      • May 2007

[quote=M_B]
                      Originally posted by "Ultra Magnus":afb3f

No sir, I don't like it.
                      You didn't hear him say the word restaurant or store?[/quote:afb3f]
                      Try to read all the posts in a thread before replying.
                      Kthx.

Or, failing that, go back and read them afterwards, then edit/delete your posts accordingly. ;)

Comment

Working...