• Show
Clear All
  • Stevilito
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 21 - Poster By The Book
    • Apr 2007

Neck pain(CRY)

ive got a very painful neck

it started thursday i was wotching house and because i have problems wotching stuff like casualty, holby city any thing medical related because im a bit squeemish, i dont normally do it with house though and i had the kinda pain all through the ep, then it went away and now it keeps coming back willy nilly

i dont wanna take painkillers incase i get addicted again

theres been no accidents and as far as i know i dont sleep in a weird way, and i know it aint serious because i dont tingle anywhere else etc

i have no idea what to do? leave it? put cold stuff on it? play on wii more? lye about? or what?

• Mosheddy
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
    • Apr 2007

if it continues after a week, see a doctor. i personally dont watch casualty or holby city cause they are boring as shit XD

Comment

• LTgirl
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 18 - Wizard Of GetLazy
      • Apr 2007

aw, sweetie, i am sorry :(

could you ask your mum to rub your neck a bit? if you have anything like "Icy Cold" or something like that (a vaporizing cold rub that turns almost hot as it's applied), try it. It can help relax muscles.
      Even something like Vick's Vapo rub will help.

Also, when you have a shower, let the water hit the place on your neck that hurts the most. Don't take a bath because when you lay down and lean your head on the back of the tub, you can actually strain your muscles more by doing so.

Heat is the best thing for it because heat will loosen the muscles. Most of the time, pain killers don't work on something like a sore neck, so taking one wouldn't do much anyway.

If you have a heating pad, use it. If you don't, then get a hot towel from your clothes dryer. If you find it cools down too quickly, then get a wash cloth and soak it in HOT water..as hot as you can manage. Once it cools down, soak it again in hot water and keep doing it as long as you need to.
      Also, you can apply heat from your hair blower for a few minutes at a time. The trick with that is to hold the hair blower with the OPPOSITE hand from which your neck hurts. So, if it's the right side of your neck that hurts, then use your left hand to hold the dryer. If you use the same sided hand, you will strain the muscle on that side of your neck that is already hurt.

I hope some of this helps. :)

Comment

• Stevilito
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        • Apr 2007

y8ah i dont wotch casualty and holby cuz they suck lool

thnaks lt ill try them out in the morning see what happens

any other advice is welcome

Comment

• Mr_Gazpacho
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 24 - The Blue Elf
          • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Stevilito
          y8ah i dont wotch casualty and holby cuz they suck lool
          Indeed, House M.D ftw.
          As for stuff to help you:
          Rest as much as possible. That alone usually does the job pretty well, though it may take some time if you don't take other actions against it.

Comment

• ooozmin
            Former moderator
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 29 - Villain Number One
            • May 2007

I have been having X-treme neck pain for over two months now (its traveled to the back of my head), I've been seeing the doctor almost every week, I'm taking this crap medicine I have to eat everything and eye drops (dunno why, doctors orders!) and I have to get a message every night. You're not alone! Keep up the fight!

Comment

• Sir Finkus
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              Level 19 - Secret Friend
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by LTgirl
              could you ask your mum to rub your neck a bit?

I'm sorry, couldn't resist.

I'm not a fan of icy hot, it doesn't seem to relieve any pain and just gets in your mucus membranes and burns (do NOT get it in your eyes, or anywhere near your nether regions) I prefer hot showers.

Comment

• Luigi12
                GETLAZY MEMBER
                Level 12 - Lazy Scout
                • Jun 2007

LTGirl gave some really solid advice. I had this happen to me as well about a month ago, totally randomly. I had my chiropractor work on it, and he had me totally better in a few weeks. Also one thing he had me do is put Biofreeze on it before bed every night (it's kind of like a cross between Icy Hot and Solarcaine) and that may have helped as well. So, if you want to see a doctor, see a chiropractor, and LTGirl's advice about the Icy Hot or any kind of heat therapy is probably good as well.

Comment

• moomoo
                  Trixie's ToyBoy
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
                  • Apr 2007

We have some sort of heat lamp that my mom sits in front of when she has a sore neck. Apaprently it works wonders, it gets her neck hotter than a shower without the wetness.

Comment

• Ponycat
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    Level 14 - Sportscandy
                    • Jun 2007

Check how your computer is set up, poor PC / desk ergonomics will result in neck pain.

Keep warm :)

Comment

• Vespasian
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by notoriousmdc
                      Originally posted by moomoo
                      Apaprently it works wonders, it gets her neck hotter than a shower without the wetness.
                      Quagmire is the Cancer that is killing Getlazy. Also quote edits, pyramids, etc.

Funny, I noticed my neck hurting at about the same time, nothing terribly serious, though.

Comment

• Ultra Magnus
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        Level 29 - Villain Number One
                        • May 2007

This place would be great if it wasn't for the ****ing members.

</clerks>

Comment

• Stevilito
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          • Apr 2007

the pain was extremely mangable today but now its getting really bad again, soon as i get up in the morning im gunna have to try a heating pad or something

somebody said about my comp placing, shouldnt be a problem really been like it has for a few good months and my comp upstairs has stayed the same for alomst a year possibley longer, but if pics wanted ill gladly show

Comment

• LTgirl
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            Level 18 - Wizard Of GetLazy
                            • Apr 2007

sweetie! DO try the heating pad. try all i said. i am telling you, it WILL work.

*warm hugs*

Comment

• Stevilito
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              • Apr 2007

sweet hugs kickass warmer ones are epic

double house tomorrow aswell bugger :( but who cares if my neck hurts i loves me some house in a non gay way hehe

Comment

Working...