• Show
Clear All
  • Stevilito
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 21 - Poster By The Book
    • Apr 2007

Boy Gets Special Surprise From EBAY

Boy gets £44,000 in eBay parcel

Police are trying to trace the owner of 65,400 euros (£44,000) mistakenly sent to a 16-year-old boy who bought a Playstation Two for £95 on eBay.
    The cash arrived in a box at the house in Aylsham, Norfolk, with the games console, but minus two games.

Police are holding the money under the Proceeds of Crime Act while the matter is investigated.

An eBay spokesman said the parcel's contents were "somewhat unusual" and it would help police with their inquiries.

The boy's parents, who are not commenting, alerted police when the parcel arrived on 20 March.

Family claim

Magistrates have given Norfolk Police until September to hold on to the money before the case comes up in court again.

But, if the money remains unclaimed the family could potentially apply for it to be returned to them under the Police Property Act.

A police spokesman said: "We have until 22 September before we have to go back to court to apply for a further order if necessary."

A spokesman for eBay said: "We know that eBay is a great place to pick up a bargain, although in this case, we agree that the contents of the parcel were somewhat unusual and we will assist with any inquiries the police may wish to make."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/engl ... 903433.stm

i would have kept the money lolz[/url]
  • moomoo
    Trixie's ToyBoy
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
    • Apr 2007

Yeah, what kind of sucker takes this to his parents?

Comment

• nindanjoe
      Former Moderator
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      • Apr 2007

I wonder if they tested some of the moolah for drug substances.

Comment

• Mosheddy
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
        • Apr 2007

All circulated bank notes have traces of cocaine on them. I learnt this when I did jury duty. If a bank note found on somebody arrested in connection with drugs offenses, has a higher concerntration of cocaine on it than common bank notes, they can use this evidense to convict the person. And no, it doesn't mean you can get high off sniffing money YOU RETARDS! =)

Comment

• Stevilito
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 21 - Poster By The Book
          • Apr 2007

WOW never knew that, thats some interesting shit

Comment

• nindanjoe
            Former Moderator
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Mosheddy
            All circulated bank notes have traces of cocaine on them. I learnt this when I did jury duty. If a bank note found on somebody arrested in connection with drugs offenses, has a higher concerntration of cocaine on it than common bank notes, they can use this evidense to convict the person. And no, it doesn't mean you can get high off sniffing money YOU RETARDS! =)
            Cool, I didn't know that either. :)

Comment

• ChemKneazle
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              Level 17 - Ghost Stopper
              • Jul 2007

Originally posted by Mosheddy
              What most people don't know when they hear this is that this doesn't mean every dollar bill has been in the hands of someone snorting cocaine, it actually is because all the machines money goes through, including counting machines, have been so contaminated by those that have more cocaine on them that the machines are actually doing the transfer of the miniscule amounts of cocaine to each bill.

Comment

Working...