Filehosting problems and you

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Filehosting problems and you

We should probably make a thread about this so all the problems with filehosting sites can be listed in one place.

Mediafire:

Originally posted by Mediafire Problem 1
    Problem 1: Firefox download incompatibility?
    The download is incomplete if I download with Firefox. The last few bytes are not there. Jim Tindell gets nothing at all.

Potential Solution 1:
    Use a download manager. I recommend Free Download Manager, which you can find here (it's free): http://freedownloadmanager.org/

If you're going to do that, I recommend getting the FlashGot Add-on for Firefox here: http://flashgot.net/ or https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/220. This will allow you to use your download manager with Firefox. For example, click on a download link, Firefox will ask you stuff, choose FlashGot and you can download with your download manager like normal.

As for Jim Tindell's problem, there are a few things you can try:

-See if Internet Explorer does the same thing.
    -Try downloading to a folder on your hard drive somewhere (e.g. Z:\Mediafire Downloads).
    -See if other downloading sites do the same thing.

Although it may seem a little out there, these things will confirm a few ideas I have if they actually happen.
    Originally posted by Mediafire Problem 2
    Problem 2:
    A big red bar tells you that the file is not on any servers (error message needed for this problem)

Solution 2:
    This is an actual accurate error! And it's a new one. The file will eventually come back, I had to wait about 12 hours for it to work again. I recommend checking every few hours.
    Originally posted by Mediafire Problem 3
    Problem 3:
    The account does not exist! Mediafire says it was deleted or doesn't exist.

Solution 3:
    If you can't make any new accounts, then the account was not deleted (this may change in the future). Like with the Problem 3, you have to wait awhile, but not as long. As for why this happens, I don't know much in that area except it might be a form of maintenance or the accounts were disconnected for awhile.
    Originally posted by Mediafire Problem 4
    Problem 4:
    Maintenance.

Solution 4:
    Not really a problem, and I haven't seen this one in a long time. However, if it does come up again, then you will have to wait until they're done; usually 8-12 hours, at best.
    Up-files and Fileho
    Problem:
    Redirects to Friendlyfiles

Solution:
    Don't download from there. As Zokita mentioned, it's spyware. So don't install anything they tell you to. No download site forces you to download a program just to download a file.
    Files-upload

Just a general problem. They deleted most of the downloads linked in this forum. Thankfully, I was the only uploader of that site here.

Anyone else get any problems with any other filehosting sites (usually free)? Post them!

Nindan...

THIS is why I'm marrying you.

Comment

Another getlazy wedding

Comment

i have never Seen this problems, ''everything is cool as ice'' ;)

Edit: wedding in getlazy? can i bring some crocs? if so,then can they see?, they have binocular and colorful Vision. ;)

i like mediafire btw.

Comment

That's odd, I use Firefox exclusively and never have a problem with MediaFire.

This is good info, thanks for sharing!

Comment

Originally posted by SportaEdgar
            Edgar is a Vanilla Ice fan? This is news.

Comment

Originally posted by Luigi12
              Originally posted by SportaEdgar
              Edgar is a Vanilla Ice fan? This is news.
              actually,i heard it once,in an Aim Chat.

Comment

please guys, invest in a dl manger it is the greatest thing to come along since LT

Comment

More wedding speak.

Edgar, go ahead and bring your crocs, there's an area just for them. We have to keep them away from the guests. :)

Seeing as Zokita gets no problems with Mediafire and Firefox, I suspect it might be something else. I looked it up real quick and someone else had problems in IE too, this person also mentioned something about web-business. Here's that post (no solution is found there): http://anonym.to/?http://librivox.org/f ... 6994#96994

It might be the ISP, router, or just the way the network is setup. Either way, there's a miscommunication going on somewhere. Maybe the download managers know the file size, so they keep at it until it's complete whereas the browsers keep going until something tells it to stop or makes it stop.

Now I feel like running a bunch of tests to find out.

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                    Edgar, go ahead and bring your crocs, there's an area just for them. We have to keep them away from the guests. :)
                    ok,will do, and even i can teach you about them.

Comment

Re: Filehosting problems and you

Somewhat important information about Mediafire and download managers.

http://support.mediafire.com/index.php? ... ticleid=33

Question:
                      What applications cause problems when downloading files from MediaFire?

Solution:
                      The applications below have been confirmed to cause problems downloading files from MediaFire:

* FlashGet - Downloads reach ~99% and then stall
                      * DownThemAll - Downloads reach 100%, but then restart from scratch
                      * Internet Download Manager - Resuming multiple connections doesn't work and downloads are often corrupted when they reach 100%
                      * Free Download Manager - Resuming downloads doesn't work

We've tried to debug the problems ourselves and have contacted each company about trying to resolve the problems. Unfortunately, since we didn't write their software, there's nothing more we can do unless they help us debug the problems.

Comment

Working...
                      X