Clear All
  • Victoria
    Owner of GetLazy
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 28 - Friend For Life
    • Apr 2007

Re: once apon a time??

Originally posted by Ponycat
    Maybe we'll catch up one day, mum and dad are at North Nowra but I haven't been down there for a while....

Comment

• nindanjoe
      Former Moderator
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by kelly
      Help needed.

If you can convert this episode from a PAL VHS recording, then I'll mail the tape to you for conversion and uploading. Let me know if you can help.
      (PAL is the Aussie one, isn't it? You don't randomly have a foreign VCR or anything?)

I could probably do it: we've got a VCR and a DVR/DVD-recorder, recording from one to the other is a simple matter of switching the plugs over and waiting for the ep to play through. I'd have to check with my brother and/or the manual to see if files can be ripped from the hard drive (it's got a USB slot and I've got an empty 1GB flash drive) or if I'll have to write it to disc, then rip from the disc to the computer.
      Cool stuff!

Also I never imagined a situation like that. Now I'm wondering what the DVD recorder does with a PAL VHS. Does it convert it to NTSC or does record it at the PAL framerate? Also, does it do that based on the settings? Quite interesting, I must say.
      *Thanks to Ultra Magnus for Nindanjoe.sigpic

Comment

• kelly
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 19 - Secret Friend
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by nindanjoe
        Originally posted by kelly
        Help needed.

If you can convert this episode from a PAL VHS recording, then I'll mail the tape to you for conversion and uploading. Let me know if you can help.
        (PAL is the Aussie one, isn't it? You don't randomly have a foreign VCR or anything?)

I could probably do it: we've got a VCR and a DVR/DVD-recorder, recording from one to the other is a simple matter of switching the plugs over and waiting for the ep to play through. I'd have to check with my brother and/or the manual to see if files can be ripped from the hard drive (it's got a USB slot and I've got an empty 1GB flash drive) or if I'll have to write it to disc, then rip from the disc to the computer.
        Cool stuff!

Also I never imagined a situation like that. Now I'm wondering what the DVD recorder does with a PAL VHS. Does it convert it to NTSC or does record it at the PAL framerate? Also, does it do that based on the settings? Quite interesting, I must say.
        Um, I'd have to check the book to be sure, but I think the DVD recorder is also PAL, seeing as it's the Aussie standard for video.

Comment

• Alaylith
          GETLAZY MEMBER
          Level 11 - The Blue Knight
          • Apr 2007

As far as I know you can't change PAL to NTSC - at least with no changes. The PAL version would just be converted to NTSC so it can be played with NTSC recorders.

And btw, I never noticed a difference between PAL and NTSC, so it doesn't really matter. oO

Comment

• nindanjoe
            Former Moderator
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            • Apr 2007

I'd be interested in what it does if it does convert PAL to NTSC. I did a VHS recording with a DVD recording once and they were both NTSC. Although the DVD recorder might have a PAL setting, I should give that one a go to see what happens.

lol, PAL/NTSC stuff brings back memories of when I was trying to figure out how to bring back the original NTSC framerate (23.976? maybe 24?) from the PAL UK LazyTown DVDs. Boy, oh, boy, did that take forever. Now it's easy!

Comment

• nindanjoe
              Former Moderator
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by CJVercetti
              NTSC broadcast framerate is 29.970
              Oh, I know that already. You should already know that LazyTown is recorded at 24 fps.

Comment

Working...