• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ChemKneazle
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 17 - Ghost Stopper
    • Jul 2007

School Days

So I was thinking - I'd love to hear what you all are learning about in school. How about everybody posts a page or two out of their notes? You'll see I sort of embellished my notes today since it's Friday and everybody knows you're not supposed to pay attention in class on Fridays.

This is page 5/5 of my Cell Biology notes today. We're learning about Gibbs free energy which, in a very VERY watered-down nutshell basically means whether a reaction is more likely to go in the direction written or in the reverse direction written, depending on factors like concentration and pressure and temperature...etc. It's been drilled into my brain so many times I could do it in my sleep. Class was exceedingly boring today. I know this stuff already from Biochemistry!!! So I gave up halfway through the last 10 minutes and started writing messages to my buddies. <3
    "Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only believes in the element of surprise."

Originally posted by CJVercetti
    LazyTown90 (7:18:26 PM): This morning I had diariahaahahaa and I still went to school
    LazyTown90 (7:18:39 PM): that's when you laugh and shit at the same time btw
  • Victoria
    Owner of GetLazy
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 28 - Friend For Life
    • Apr 2007

Re: School Days

no

Comment

• Zokita
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
      • Apr 2007

I'm hoping I survive the year.

Senior year, and I'm taking Psychology, Yearbook, Physics, and Calculus.

Psychology is my favorite so far. The subject matter is interesting, we have a reasonable and engaging teacher, and it's something I can follow early in the morning.

Yearbook is interesting, but not very organized. I'm on a staff of 20 people, and they all want to push their own agenda. It's taken us two days just to decide on the superlatives we want.

They also decided on a shoes theme for the inside of the book.

In Physics, our teacher is having us research the cost, effects, and monetary opportunities involved in converting the county to Green Power. Then we're supposed to apply for grants, spread awareness, and appeal to Congress. He told us that he powers his own home entirely with solar power and also submits floods of proposals to the government regarding environmentalism in his spare time. It just seems like he's commanding us as his personal army of environmentalists rather than teaching Physics.

Calculus is much tamer, thanks God. I'm not great at math, but I'm studying hard and the teacher works to make sure everyone understands the material. She's also reasonable and patient when we struggle with concepts, which is far better than some other teachers I've had.

My notes from all classes are also covered in doodles, mostly of various video game characters fighting.
      I seriously need a new sig. Will try Photoshop later.

Comment

• moomoo
        Trixie's ToyBoy
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        • Apr 2007

I sit at the computer, and I read GL, news sites, wikipedia, etc. I play desktop tower defense and red alert 2. Whilst trying tyo look like I'm doing school stuff, so I have to pay attention to where the teachers are, taking lots of fun out of the game.
        sigpic

Comment

• Mr_Gazpacho
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 24 - The Blue Elf
          • Jul 2007

Mostly the same as moomoo, save no RA2 for me.
          The laptops our school provides us with are macs, CNC wont run on them! :(
          Lossless trance collection. (Work in progress)
          Originally posted by nindanjoe
          STOOOOOODGHIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL!!!!

Comment

• osiris
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 15 - The Baby Troll
            • Sep 2007

Boring desk job > School

Comment

• Sir Finkus
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              Level 19 - Secret Friend
              • Apr 2007

My school doesn't start until the 23rd.
              WWJD
              What Would Julianna Do (if she read your post)

Comment

• ooozmin
                Former moderator
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                Level 29 - Villain Number One
                • May 2007

Where the **** is my props? BTW I have too many notes to post :(
                Get Lazy's #1 fugitive!

Comment

• ChemKneazle
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  Level 17 - Ghost Stopper
                  • Jul 2007

My my, CJ, your handwriting is impeccable!

And WOW, Zokita! Physics AND Calculus??? Hang on tight! Those two can be brutal. Also, c'mon! Show your doodles! I doodled on MY notes! I even drew Stick Stephanie (with no body :( ) on them!
                  "Chuck Norris destroyed the periodic table, because he only believes in the element of surprise."

Originally posted by CJVercetti
                  LazyTown90 (7:18:26 PM): This morning I had diariahaahahaa and I still went to school
                  LazyTown90 (7:18:39 PM): that's when you laugh and shit at the same time btw

Comment

• nindanjoe
                    Former Moderator
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    • Apr 2007

Hey, that's pretty cool, Zokita. I also had Psychology, Physics, and Calculus. Unfortunately, we barely did anything in Psychology and Physics so I didn't learn as much. :(

If I did have notes, they'd probably be sloppy with a hint of formality to it. Sloppy because I'm trying to write everything down. :)
                    *Thanks to Ultra Magnus for Nindanjoe.sigpic

Comment

• Zafa
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      • Apr 2007

I'm currently in the Animation/Game Design Program

Classes: Intro to photoshop, algebra, english, intro to C++ and intro to animation

Intro to photoshop - Starts this monday
                      Algebra - BORING!!!! I'm bad at math
                      English - Meh, today in class we had to make a story with a group and we all got along
                      C++ - I got a A+ on my first program
                      Animation - I made an adventure game!

So far I have met a couple of cool kids, which all know about ytmnd haha, I fit in well with my fellow nerds. One of the kids I was talking to actually had the cake song on his ipod

Rockband is awesome!

Comment

• Victoria
                        Owner of GetLazy
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        • Apr 2007

It must be nice to be able to take elective computer classes.

I'm in my senior year and I still have to take worthless required subjects for every one of my classes. Science, Math, English, and new this year, Health! Or as I like to call it, the "Obvious shit anyone with common sense already knows" class.

Ahh, school is truly back in session.

I wish they would just let me skip the English shit. Come on people. I'm a native speaker, I type the language better than 99% of the rest of the world, and I have to take it for twelve years straight? Just let me take a ****ing test to prove my intelligence and let me skip this time wasting shit already!

Icelandic children learn English, Icelandic, and Danish in school. It's too bad the American school system is pure shit or maybe I'd know a second or third language by now like most Icelanders do.

Comment

• Mr_Gazpacho
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          Level 24 - The Blue Elf
                          • Jul 2007

I can arrange swedish classes on this forum, good plan!

Wait, other way around.
                          Lossless trance collection. (Work in progress)
                          Originally posted by nindanjoe
                          STOOOOOODGHIIIIIIIIIIIIIILL!!!!

Comment

• Victoria
                            Owner of GetLazy
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Mr_Gazpacho
                            I can arrange swedish classes on this forum, good plan!

Wait, other way around.
                            If you wanted to teach Swedish I would totally be willing to learn it.

Comment

• kallikak
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              Level 15 - The Baby Troll
                              • Jun 2007

Most American native English-speakers don't speak English very well. It seems I can't go a single day without hearing someone misuse "they," "them," "their," "they're," or hear someone say "less" when he should say "fewer." I won't even start with words like "ginormous."

Comment

Working...