• Show
Clear All
  • sylvanas
    GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 9 - Energy Poster
    • Apr 2007

Article - A Visit to His 3-year-old, Cancer Sick Fan

Article may be found here.

Magnús is full of awesome. Thought we could use an upbeat article after those last two.
  • Frakkyfire
    GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 9 - Energy Poster
    • Aug 2007

Re: Article - A Visit to His 3-year-old, Cancer Sick Fan

He really IS full of awesome! I sure hope he gets more letters of thanks than he does from overreacting parents! I used to wander around climbing rocks all the time at age 8 and got hurt tons of times. It might make me sound old, but I think it builds character to learn how to deal with being injured, and how to take care of yourself. I stepped on rusty nails, for god's sake and nothing bad happened. Sure, it hurt, but I wasn't crippled or anything, and my mom certainly didn't freak out. Gaaah. I'm not a 'parent' person.

But yeah, back to the point: Magnús is one of the best people ever. He is WIN!

Comment

• Ponycat
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 14 - Sportscandy
      • Jun 2007

Go Magnus !

I've got a friend who has a 4 year old daughter, and she will not let her do anything ! The poor little girl isn't allowed to go down the slippery slide at the local park in case she gets hurt. It's so sad. I'v ordered a Lazytown DVD for the daughter for Christmas.

Comment

• sylvanas
        GETLAZY MEMBER
        Level 9 - Energy Poster
        • Apr 2007

I'm the same way. I don't understand this sudden overprotectiveness to the point of suffocating everything fun about being a kid. The nearby school here won't let kids run or play tag anymore - they might "fall and get hurt ZOMG!"

Interestingly enough, studies have shown that this sort of thing is actually MORE likely to hurt your kid in the long run. Big surprise. They now think a big part of developing asthma, for instance, is due to not being exposed enough to dirt and dust and pollen and such as a kid and developing resistance.

Comment

• Kali
          Level 2 - Rotten Poster
          • Sep 2007

I was in the emergency room so much as a child that my parents were accused of beating me on several occasions. They never laid a hand on me, but I lack the falling reflex and don't automatically put my hands out when I trip. Lots of stitches. Fun times.

They took out the slides, the swings, the monkey bars, the climbing structures, and the teeter-totter out from my kindergarten playground (admittedly I hurt myself on every single one of those, but I survived). It's pretty much a field now and they get yelled at if they get too close ot the fence.

Comment

• gem25
            GETLAZY MEMBER
            Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
            • Jul 2007

i used to be a very clumsy child, always tripping over, but my parents never stopped me playing, they just used to "kiss the Boo Boo", and i'm like that with my son now, he's 3 and copie's everything sportacus does, but i always keep my eye on him and never leave him unsupervised. Okay so he jump's off sofa's and table's and maybe even the window ledge,( while dressed as sportacus) but i never yell at him, his 3 years old! it's all part of being a child, you can't wrap them up in cotton wool all the time, getting the odd "Boo Boo" is just part of his daily adventures :)

Comment

Working...