X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • SimbiAni
    GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 11 - The Blue Knight
    • May 2007

Sorry, Luigi12 and JimT, I still wouldnt kno how to help with the audio issue, as they all sound more than perfect on my system (which is basically just Sony earphones, hehe)... maybe if you got a codec pack update? http://codecguide.com/download_mega.htm

You're welcome, Lazy_Airship!
    youtube.com/SimbiAni25

:: twitter.com/SimbiAni :: simbiani.deviantart.com :: ?MiLENA? ::

Comment

• Luigi12
      GETLAZY MEMBER
      Level 12 - Lazy Scout
      • Jun 2007

No need to apologize SimbiAni. I don't think it's a codec issue, just the way it was encoded. I just checked, and it's 96 kbps audio, which is a somewhat low bitrate. It's also 32000 Hz, which is probably the biggest contributor, usually anything with a low samplerate like that sounds funny. Weird thing is Records Day was encoded the same way and doesn't sound that bad.

Comment

• Luigi12
        GETLAZY MEMBER
        Level 12 - Lazy Scout
        • Jun 2007

Hey SimbiAni, I just noticed that Double Trouble is missing from your chronological listing.

Comment

• SimbiAni
          GETLAZY MEMBER
          • May 2007

I actually encoded the audio that way on purpose, 32000Hz/96kbps is my fave format for my viddable source, the low kbps keeps the filesize down ^-^ (some vidders make all their viddable episodes/clips source with absolutely no audio at all- eek!) But again it doesnt sound funny *at all* to me, so I cant imagine why it does for any other compu (altho again, many different settings on different computers, media players, etc all affect the volume of different audio sources).

Oops, where should Double Trouble be on that list? I hadnt noticed that I'd listed them in order, hehe.
          youtube.com/SimbiAni25

Comment

• Luigi12
            GETLAZY MEMBER
            Level 12 - Lazy Scout
            • Jun 2007

True it keeps the filesize down, though the video should account for most of the size. The audio certainly doesn't need to be 192 kbps like I see a lot, for most TV 96 should be fine, LazyTown maybe 112 :o). The lower sampling-rate should make it noticeably lower quality, at least to some degree. I guess it depends on the particular thing you're encoding. Maybe some newer soundcards have some uberhax ability to make it sound better, I'm still using an old Creative Ensoniq AudioPCI128 which is almost 8 years old . Still, I'd be really surprised if the audio quality of the Secret Agent Zero episode is not noticeable.

Double Trouble should be right after Trash Trouble.

Comment

• Luigi12
              GETLAZY MEMBER
              Level 12 - Lazy Scout
              • Jun 2007

Hmm, you know I just checked my own recordings and I encoded mine at 64 kbps and they sound fine. They are normal 44100 Hz though. I really think that lower sampling rate is a problem.

Still though, I'm glad you're sharing what you've got. I'd think of sharing my recordings if the video wasn't so pathetic (washed out color mainly). That's what you get with a cheap ATI TV VE :o)

Comment

• Luigi12
                GETLAZY MEMBER
                Level 12 - Lazy Scout
                • Jun 2007

Hey SimbiAni, I was wondering if you will be posting any more eps. I was kinda hoping to snag Haunted Castle at least.

P.S. Don't forget Double Trouble is missing from your list.

Comment

• SimbiAni
                  GETLAZY MEMBER
                  • May 2007

Re: the sound posts- sorry again about the sound, nope I dont notice it at all, but then these are mainly for vidding anyways, I dont have them in any other sound format..

Re: the previous FPS comments- I dont think it matters at all for regular viewing, I just like it for *editing*, where every frame counts, etc etc.

Re: more eps- Sorry, my bandwidth was needed for other things this week and the times when it wasnt, I kept forgetting (oops). I do plan to upload all the ones I have by some point! No worries! ^-^ It's my way of giving back, since I havent vidded LT in so long, hehe...

Also again, if anyone could take the time to help me with the eps that I don't have, I would reeeally appreciate it! Including converting them for me first, that would be a BiG help as my computer doesnt have the time or energy for it (lol), thank you SO much!!! (And re: the torrent NickJr Faves Dvd ones, havent got around to dLing them yet- the bandwidth was being used for something else- so still need those, as I'll be devoting the bw to uploading more eps for y'all! hehe)

http://www.getlazy.net/forums/viewtopic.php?t=231

PS. It just so happens that Haunted Castle was the next one I was gonna upload. And its up now! ^_^ Along with Sports Candy Festival!
                  youtube.com/SimbiAni25

Comment

• Luigi12
                    GETLAZY MEMBER
                    Level 12 - Lazy Scout
                    • Jun 2007

Hey nindanjoe,

It would be pretty awesome if you could mix the US audio from SimbiAni's Haunted Castle rip with the UK video we already have for that episode.

Comment

• Ultra Magnus
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      Level 29 - Villain Number One
                      • May 2007

Originally posted by Luigi12
                      Hey nindanjoe,

It would be pretty awesome if you could mix the US audio from SimbiAni's Haunted Castle rip with the UK video we already have for that episode.
                      I was going to either suggest this, or do it myself, for all the eps that have not already been done.
                      I've done Ziggy's Alien already, but I didn't upload it because I didn't think anybody other than me would really care.
                      Originally posted by Julianna Rose Official
                      GetLazy is our next target it will be closed very shortly.

Comment

• SimbiAni
                        GETLAZY MEMBER
                        • May 2007

An update- Play Day is now uploaded! ;DD
                        youtube.com/SimbiAni25

Comment

• nindanjoe
                          Former Moderator
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
                          • Apr 2007

About the FPS during playback, it's a bit funny when watching the 24 fps stuff because sometimes it looks like it has blended frames! For watching purposes, like you said, it's fine. Except when watching PAL stuff; I heard somewheres that people that watch PAL stuff are used to it, and when they watch NTSC stuff, it looks all twitchy. It's probably the other way around too.

Anywho, I thought I knew a method to convert stuff to 29.97, but when I looked it up, I was very wrong. A pattern is needed! While I was looking, I did find 2 ways to convert stuff to the 29.970 fps with Avisynth. A few problems come with it though, you get an interlaced output, when converting 25 to 29.97 the audio will most likely be off (desync they call it), and for vidding you're going to have to re-encode the stuff. If you're interested, here's a few links:

http://www.animemusicvideos.org/phpBB/v ... 357#543092
                          http://www.animemusicvideos.org/guides/ ... vsadv.html (Framerate and format conversion scripts: at the bottom of the page)

Other than the confusing stuff, I thought it was interesting this stuff actually existed!
                          *Thanks to Ultra Magnus for Nindanjoe.sigpic

Comment

• SimbiAni
                            GETLAZY MEMBER
                            • May 2007

Oh, I dont mind converting 25fps to 29.97 cuz the way I do it- it involves only my version of vDub (no scripts no synth or etc). And I dont get blended frames or anything (what I call "interlaceyness" causing a wibbley effect between shots, gah). Its the 23.97 film fps that seems to keep resulting in that, tho, and then won't match up with the audio no matter what, and yea, its really frustrating, heh. I dont kno why there's such a big diff either- 25fps gets nothing but love from me most of the time (all my DW stuff comes in it already, so I dont have to angst over converting all of 'em) but anything in 23.97 refuses to come out clean. Ah well. Like I said, I dont have the time or energy or comp resources to devote to converting these days, so if anyone puts the other eps in my preferred specs, I'll totally love ya!!

And LOL @ that some ppl notice a difference between 25 and 29.97, they both look completely the same to me really O.o
                            youtube.com/SimbiAni25

Comment

• nindanjoe
                              Former Moderator
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
                              • Apr 2007

Looks like I got AviSynth on the mind. I needs to learn VirtualDub stuffs too.

The menus for the UK DVDs are 25 fps progressive, so no interlace lines. I thought I would notice a difference, but I didn't. =D It's probably like if you live with a PAL broadcast all your life without ever seeing a NTSC broadcast that you notice something is a little off when watching a different FPS. Maybe.

Well, I was wondering about something. Would you accept a 128 kbps mp3 for the audio of your requested encodes. I'm going to give a few a try and see what happens.
                              *Thanks to Ultra Magnus for Nindanjoe.sigpic

Comment

• SimbiAni
                                GETLAZY MEMBER
                                • May 2007

That would be awesome, NJoe! I dont have any pref for the audio at all, and 128kbps is my most-used default for music anyways... for eps, its just all about the fps matching the other eps I use for vidding- thanks so much! And I havent promoted it yet, but I have a new LT vid! ^__^ Click the banner in the sig to check it out!
                                youtube.com/SimbiAni25

Comment

Working...