• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Crafty
    GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 7 - Lazy Poster
    • Aug 2007

Originally posted by Jim Tindell
    The issue I have with Mediafire, and this might be my fault, is this: Someone will post a Mediafire link. I'll click it, and the download link pops up. I click that link, and Firefox opens the Download box. I select "Save As" and hit OK. When I hit OK, the download progress box pops up, and immediately says the file is finished downloading. So I go to my desktop (or wherever I saved it), and check the file size of my newly-downloaded file. The file size is 0 KB.

I delete this dead file, and try to re-download. The same thing happens. This will happen all night.
    Try using a download manager. This one works pretty nice.

http://anonym.to/?http://www.download.c ... ag=lst-0-2

Also try clearing out the private data and make sure you're running the latest version of firefox. If that doesn't work, try IE 7.

Comment

• SimbiAni
      GETLAZY MEMBER
      Level 11 - The Blue Knight
      • May 2007

Originally posted by Xizer
      Originally posted by SimbiAni
      If you ever were in an episode sharing comm, you'd kno what I mean.
      Perhaps you missed the fact that I'm on one right now, and my contributions are quite significant. [!]
      Congratulations! Yes, I apparently did miss it- if you meant somewhere else online, I don't follow you so how would I kno? and if you meant here, I've only downloaded stuff from just this thread, which I can't rember you adding any links to... sorry. But I'm sure whatever you have contributed in other threads / sections of the forums are very appreciated. Do ppl go in your threads harassing you to switch to a different filesharing host? (Again, the correct way to deal with that problem, is for the person who needs it / wants it to simply post a request for the ep they'd like along with the host of their choice and eventually someone for whom that host works good for, will try to fill it when they can.)

The sentence still applies- "whatever works" is a good motto to follow, and if you were in the type of epcomms that truly follow it, then you'd kno that it's easy to understand, it's the best way to do things, and whining never helps.

Why are you complaining so much? O.o Are you bored or something?
      youtube.com/SimbiAni25

:: twitter.com/SimbiAni :: simbiani.deviantart.com :: ?MiLENA? ::

Comment

• Victoria
        Owner of GetLazy
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 28 - Friend For Life
        • Apr 2007

Why are you complaining so much? O.o Are you bored or something?
        I'm not complaining, I'm arguing. I like to do that.

As for "whatever works," that isn't necessarily a good motto. It's fine if something works, but if something works better, than that's what should be used.

Also, I was following that motto with MediaFire - it works. That was why I was having trouble why you don't like it.

To be honest, I'm still having trouble seeing how someone could think that MegaUpload is better than MediaFire.

Here is another problem with MegaUpload:
        As a free user, you can store up to 50 GB of data in your account. The files will expire after 90 days of inactivity

MediaFire = unlimited storage and no time limits on files

Comment

• SimbiAni
          GETLAZY MEMBER
          • May 2007

I'm arguing. I like to do that.
          I've noticed.

As for "whatever works," that isn't necessarily a good motto. It's fine if something works, but if something works better, than that's what should be used.
          If it works better for you, then yes, you should use it, sure. And if it works better for you, should you insist that everyone else use it too...? No. They can use whatever works better for them. Simple. Can you suggest that they try it out? Of course, keeping in mind that they'll have their own opinions and that everyone's systems, connections, etc are different.

Also, I was following that motto with MediaFire - it works. That was why I was having trouble why you don't like it. To be honest, I'm still having trouble seeing how someone could think that MegaUpload is better than MediaFire.
          MU likes my connection best. It is the filesharing host that gives me the most of out of my speed, so I prefer it for all episodes of shows when I'm not getting them by torrent. (I also like FileFront for vids) If a file expires, I can always re-upload, I do not mind, or I will wait patiently for someone else to be kind enough to.

Is this the first time that someone has liked something instead of something else you thought was better? I thought it was common sense to just accept that everyone has different opinions on things, and they're not really worth arguing over. I get that you seem to be confused about my choice, and that's why I took the time to explain it to you, but oy. What next, you gonna start a thread about how FireFox is better than Internet Explorer? >.> I use both.
          youtube.com/SimbiAni25

Comment

• Victoria
            Owner of GetLazy
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            • Apr 2007

What next, you gonna start a thread about how FireFox is better than Internet Explorer? >.> I use both.
            That's actually an excellent idea.

You actually use Internet Explorer? Wow.

All of your opinions are hereby wrong.

Comment

• SimbiAni
              GETLAZY MEMBER
              • May 2007

Yea, that's very mature.

I love iE for various reasons, it is always my default browser (v6... I did not upgrade to 7 cuz it seemed too much like FF) and has never given me any trouble at all. I use FireFox for other things such as downloading from filesharing hosts, logging into / staying logged in extra accts of certain sites like YouTube and LiveJournal, browsing heavily personalized pages like some ppls' MySpaces, etc.

If it makes you feel like you're a some kind of godly person for having what you consider "better" things and insulting those who don't, good for you. I'm quite comfortable with what I got, especially when it works fine for me, and I don't need to measure up to your ideals, nor should anyone.

Geek elitists are a whole 'nother level of annoying >.>
              youtube.com/SimbiAni25

Comment

• Victoria
                Owner of GetLazy
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                • Apr 2007

Yea, that's very mature.

I love iE for various reasons, it is always my default browser (v6... I did not upgrade to 7 cuz it seemed too much like FF) and has never given me any trouble at all. I use FireFox for other things such as downloading from filesharing hosts, logging into / staying logged in extra accts of certain sites like YouTube and LiveJournal, browsing heavily personalized pages like some ppls' MySpaces, etc.

If it makes you feel like you're a some kind of godly person for having what you consider "better" things and insulting those who don't, good for you. I'm quite comfortable with what I got, especially when it works fine for me, and I don't need to measure up to your ideals, nor should anyone.

Geek elitists are a whole 'nother level of annoying >.>
                If I was a geek elitist I'd be preaching the word of Linux while trying to convert you to a Mac only solution and bashing you for using MySpace.

The goal is to convince people like you that there are better alternatives out there. If we never had people lobbying for what they supported, nothing would ever change, and things would never get done.

It's the 'merican way.

Comment

• SimbiAni
                  GETLAZY MEMBER
                  • May 2007

"Lobbying" is one thing. Support all you want, as long as you're mature about it. I realize that you're probly used to ppl who don't want to even try to "upgrade" simply cuz they're attached to old stuff / afraid to change / have weird beliefs / etc, but you must realize that there are also those who *have* tried your "betters" and just don't mesh with them. What is better for you is not better for everyone. How hard is that to understand? You're not the role model for the entire population, even if you're ego likes thinking that.

I don't see the difference between bashing me for using iE or bashing me for using MySpace. Both geeky, both thinking you're better than for not. Thus both elitist as well, same thing. Systems would just be another aspect to harp on.

And what's with the- nevermind. Wasted enough of my time replying to your denseness. "Live and let live" is totally lost on you.

Back to topic: My thread, my host of choice. Anything else can go in the requests section (that's why we have one) and patiently wait for someone who can help out. I'll get another LT ep up on my list asap.

Eta: My Treehouse, Sportacus Who, Cry Dinosaur, Dr Rottenstein, Defeeted, Lazy Scouts, and Robbie's Greatest Misses are now added!
                  youtube.com/SimbiAni25

Comment

• Coderjoe
                    GETLAZY MEMBER
                    Level 5 - Twenty Times Poster
                    • Apr 2007

Re:

But when editing in a fancy editor, you usually need to have your source files all in one matching framerate (reason for having them match is to keep all the timing of clips in sync)... and 23.97 isnt listed. Which makes sense as in I only heard of it recently, thats its a new thing called NTSC Film, and realized that every single downloaded tv ep (ripped from primetime network broadcasts) that I have just happen to be in that exact fps... gah.
                    Funny, I have absolutely no trouble working in 23.967fps in my ancient version of Adobe Premiere (5.1c).

And the reason for 23.976 is because to convert film from 24 fps to NTSC's 29.97fps, they slow it down to 23.976 and then do the evil 3:2 pulldown which will give you 29.97fps. Pretty much all scripted television is shot and edited in 24fps and then telecined to 29.97 like I mentioned above. By undoing the 3:2 pulldown portion, you get the original progressive frames back, so you don't have to worry about stray fields when editing, and you get a higher quality encode, as there are fewer frames, which means more bits can be spent on each frame.

(yeah, I'm slow)

edit: more info

Comment

• nindanjoe
                      Former Moderator
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
                      • Apr 2007

Re: Sharing All My Viddable Eps - [ XViD / 29.97fps / 640x480 ]

Little Sportacus with the ol' 30 FPS and the MP3 and the 640x480:

http://anonym.to/?http://www.**************/?d=OWS7OMBI
                      *Thanks to Ultra Magnus for Nindanjoe.sigpic

Comment

• SimbiAni
                        GETLAZY MEMBER
                        • May 2007

CoderJoe - Yea, soon after I had posted that, I had gone and researched 23.97fps, but I'm still more comfortable with 29.97 (its not interlacey like in the Wiki link, it looks fine to me when I view things frame by frame, depending on how it was converted, I guess..), and I haven't gotten round to getting *that* fancy of an editor yet (I use Pinnacle Studio... as easy as WMM but not as troublesome, and *almost* a little fancy but not as complicated as those such as Premiere/Vegas... and it doesnt accept 23.97 but I love it!); both for money reasons (not only the program itself- regardless if I got a "bootleg"- but I'd also need to upgrade my computer to handle more serious technical vidding, ie more memory, faster processor, etc etc) and I have concentration / actual memory issues, making learning a complicated editor extremely difficult (I've tried Vegas... just leaves me @_@)... hehe.

NindanJoe - Thanks!! I am downloading it now ;D
                        youtube.com/SimbiAni25

Comment

• nindanjoe
                          Former Moderator
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          • Apr 2007

The Lazy Rockets (E50)
                          http://anonym.to/?http://www.**************/?d=W20WHNIP

LazyTown's Greatest Hits (128)
                          http://anonym.to/?http://www.**************/?d=RTXIRNF2

With the usual 30 FPS, MP3, 640x480. :)

Comment

• boredjedi
                            Master
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
                            • Jun 2007

Thank you so much SimbiAni. Finally getting my hands on some DVD rips! Weee heee!
                            http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

• SimbiAni
                              GETLAZY MEMBER
                              • May 2007

Oh, thanks NJoe!! Those are great! ...I cant believe its been a month since my last post, sorry all. :oops: So I'm now finally uploading another ep for everyone! Edit: Laziest Town now added!

Also...

[youtube]OFgWBIEfvNw[/youtube]

Hee.
                              youtube.com/SimbiAni25

Comment

• nindanjoe
                                Former Moderator
                                SPECIAL MEMBER
                                • Apr 2007

The Lazy Genie (E48)
                                http://anonym.to/?http://www.**************/?d=6E3TLLPB

This time it's 250MB, but the rest are the same: 640x480, 30 FPS, and MP3.

EDIT (10-4-2007):

Dancing Dreams (E51)
                                http://anonym.to/?http://www.**************/?d=GBFQ6XHX

Same stats as above! :)

Comment

Working...