X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lazytown - Once Upon A Time In Lazytown

Originally posted by Racoon
    that old pixel puppet is creepy :(
    I think most of the old puppets were creepy.

Comment

Originally posted by Cap'n Pogostick
      Floating pixels?

* Rimshot *
      LOL >.< I KNEW SOMEBODY WAS GONNNA DO THAT!

Comment

Originally posted by Vyser
        Yes, I live in the US and I bought 2 CD's and a DVD (all LazyTown-related of course) from amazon.co.uk.
        I'm about to buy some Lazy Town DVDs pretty soon but I was wondering, which DVD version should I buy, region 1 or region 2? I read somewhere that Sportacus and Robbie had their original voices on the region 2 ver but Stephanie didnt, is that true? Also noticed that the region 1 DVDs seem to be lacking episodes, for example (welcome to Lazy Town) is nowhere to be found atm, whereas region 2 seems more complete. So do they have the same soundtrack (same thing) just diff region or not? :? cause I see you guys talking about buying region 2, so it makes me wonder even more lol

Comment

Originally posted by BusyTown
          Yes, I live in the US and I bought 2 CD's and a DVD (all LazyTown-related of course) from amazon.co.uk.
          I'm about to buy some Lazy Town DVDs pretty soon but I was wondering, which DVD version should I buy, region 1 or region 2? I read somewhere that Sportacus and Robbie had their original voices on the region 2 ver but Stephanie didnt, is that true? Also noticed that the region 1 DVDs seem to be lacking episodes, for example (welcome to Lazy Town) is nowhere to be found atm, whereas region 2 seems more complete. So do they have the same soundtrack (same thing) just diff region or not? :? cause I see you guys talking about buying region 2, so it makes me wonder even more lol
          All the voices are the same except the children puppets. If you can play region 2 DVD's and do not mind the British voices, I suggest the region 2 ones. The region 1 DVD's are pretty lame (4 episodes vs. the 5 on the region 2 DVD's).

What exactly do you mean by "same soundtrack"? I'll just give a few answers and hope I got it right :? The music CD's (both US and UK) all have the US audio for songs. Obviously the region 1 DVD's have the US song audio, but the region 2 DVD's had the British puppet voices sing over the US ones.

I hoped some of this helped. If not, I'll try again :)

Comment

nope, Your reply clarified a lot, thanks!

So basically, they're both the same except for the region 2 puppets having a British accent? thats understandable lol

Also read the region 2 DVDs have a more interactive menu. dunno if its the one I saw on YouTube, where Stephanie comes and does the bing bang dance, looks sweet.

p.s. sorry bout the "soundtrack" confusion thingy. I was trying to refer to the voices and stuff....yea... :oops:

Comment

So basically, they're both the same except for the region 2 puppets having a British accent? thats understandable lol

Also read the region 2 DVDs have a more interactive menu. dunno if its the one I saw on YouTube, where Stephanie comes and does the bing bang dance, looks sweet.

p.s. sorry bout the "soundtrack" confusion thingy. I was trying to refer to the voices and stuff....yea... :oops:
              I have both UK albums, and the first one is the UK voices, as Ziggy in Cooking by the Book sings "I'll pile on all the sweets, it's such a pretty sight, it makes the food taste a treat, but my tummy hurts all night" rather than the American version, "I'll pile on all the candy, it's such a pretty sight, it makes the food taste dandy, but my tummy hurts all night". But the second album (the NEW one) has all the US songs on it.

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Anyone know why cooking by the book had the UK intro, but was in the US audio for the rest?

EDIT: Forgot to mention that the UK DVD's seem to be going on a trend of having more special features every new DVD. That is a new plus since most of the US DVD's do not have any special features (unless you want to count the health tips for parents or the occasional workout video). If you really want the US "special features" I could upload them when I get the US DVD's again. In the end, the UK DVD's >>>> the US DVD's.

Comment

Oh yeah I forgot about that. Anyone know why cooking by the book had the UK intro, but was in the US audio for the rest?
                  Because they like to give us things to discuss?

Comment

Originally posted by sportagirl_10.5
                    Because they like to give us things to discuss?
                    Well then, power to them. I might try e-mailing someone in LazyTown about this and see if they actually respond to me.

Comment

I have both UK albums, and the first one is the UK voices, as Ziggy in Cooking by the Book sings "I'll pile on all the sweets, it's such a pretty sight, it makes the food taste a treat, but my tummy hurts all night" rather than the American version, "I'll pile on all the candy, it's such a pretty sight, it makes the food taste dandy, but my tummy hurts all night". But the second album (the NEW one) has all the US songs on it.
                      Now I'm a bit confused XD

So you're saying the UK released two different DVD versions? If so, I'd like to buy the ones with the songs from the US. One question though; how do I know which DVD has the US songs and which one has the UK ones? any DVD box (design) difference I need to look out for ect?

Comment

So you're saying the UK released two different DVD versions? If so, I'd like to buy the ones with the songs from the US. One question though; how do I know which DVD has the US songs and which one has the UK ones? any DVD box (design) difference I need to look out for ect?
                        I'm talking about the CDs... the first one appears to be the UK audio, but the second appears to be the US audio... I haven't got any of the DVDs though...

Comment

Region 1 = US DVD's with US audio
                          Region 2 = UK DVD's with some UK audio

what we're talking about is the song cooking by the book. For whatever reason, the intro to it on the UK CD has the British Ziggy and Stingy, but Pixel has his US voice actor.

Keep in mind though that there are some episodes on the UK DVD's (soon to be a lot more of course) that are not on the 5 US DVD's. Thankfully though, Nindanjoe has been nice enough to put the US audio over the UK DVD rips. Oh yeah, forgot to mention the UK DVD's have much better quality and are in wide screen. To my knowledge, Nindanjoe has the best knowledge of what episodes have the US audio and what do not.

Did I cover everything? Off to class now, I'll check in later in case you still have questions.

Comment

I'm talking about the CDs... the first one appears to be the UK audio, but the second appears to be the US audio... I haven't got any of the DVDs though...
                            Oh, I see. sorry about that :oops:

Region 1 = US DVD's with US audio
                            Region 2 = UK DVD's with some UK audio

what we're talking about is the song cooking by the book. For whatever reason, the intro to it on the UK CD has the British Ziggy and Stingy, but Pixel has his US voice actor.

Keep in mind though that there are some episodes on the UK DVD's (soon to be a lot more of course) that are not on the 5 US DVD's. Thankfully though, Nindanjoe has been nice enough to put the US audio over the UK DVD rips. Oh yeah, forgot to mention the UK DVD's have much better quality and are in wide screen. To my knowledge, Nindanjoe has the best knowledge of what episodes have the US audio and what do not.

Did I cover everything? Off to class now, I'll check in later in case you still have questions.
                            Hey thanks for the help, now everything is crystal clear :)

Comment

Involving international stuff gets pretty confusing, I must say.

I'll start with the UK stuff first, all the UK DVDs with the episodes will have the UK puppets singing in the episodes. There are no US versions of the songs there. Even the extras on those DVDs will have the UK puppets singing.

The UK soundtracks are a bit strange, but good. There were 3 different soundtrack releases and 1 Bing Bang Single, unfortunately I got into a bad habit in naming them, but that will come later. Soundtrack 1 had a bunch of music on it, but no Instrumentals and no DVD extra. That one had the UK version of Cooking by the Book. Soundtrack 2 had the same tracks as soundtrack 1, but it came with Instrumentals and a DVD extra. Soundtrack 3 is called "The New Album", it had music from the newer episodes, instrumentals, some extra tracks, and a DVD extra. Soundtrack 3 has all of the US voices for all the songs.

I had a habit of calling "Soundtrack 2" "UK Soundtrack 1" due to its soundtrack-like nature. I suppose it would be better to call it "UK Album 1". :)

The US only had 1 soundtrack, but there is an unofficial one. Not sure where the unofficial one came from though, but it has different tracks not found on the US soundtrack. No insturmentals are on either of these. The official one has a remix by someone, I forgot the name, but it's the last track.

Whelp, looks like Vyser explained everything. :)

Comment

Wow, I never realized how in depth this whole UK vs. US stuff was until it was asked about Hell, even I'm on the verge of confusion after reading this :|

Comment

Working...
                                X