Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Does anyone have information on the Russian LazyTown DVDs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Does anyone have information on the Russian LazyTown DVDs?

http://getlazy.net/wiki/index.php?title=DVDs#Russia

Someone has uploaded covers and titles to our wiki on the Russian DVDs but I have been unable to find info on them.

Are they 16:9?

Re: Does anyone have information on the Russian LazyTown DVDs?

From what I know, LTEntertainment was considering to produce episode DVDs for Poland...but nothing for any other east-european country...so my guess is those pics might be edited or something...but someone from Russia should clarify this... :?

Comment

The font looks a little incongruous to me, when compared to all the other language releases. It might just be because it's in Cyrillic but what niggles me is that all the writing is perfectly parallel with the top of the page - LT stuff is normally curvy.

Incidentally, the watermark across the images is for the website http://lazytown-serial.ru/ which seems to be some sort of fansite. My Russian doesn't extend much further than simply being able to read it phonetically, so I didn't understand very much. They do appear to have a forum though.

I'm half-tempted to contact someone at LTE and ask if these are genuine Russian-language releases. At somewhere between £4-5 a DVD, I'm thinking they're not... :?

Comment

I sent a message to Máni asking if he knows if the DVDs have been issued in Russian or not. Got an automated reply saying he won't be back until the weekend, so we'll have to wait and see...

Comment

Originally posted by Xizer

Someone has uploaded covers and titles to our wiki on the Russian DVDs but I have been unable to find info on them.

This user has uploaded some russian episodes in 16:9
          http://www.youtube.com/user/lentyaika23

like this one:
          [youtube]f55LSgxmnAc[/youtube]
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Máni's reply to my enquiry: "Thanks for pointing this out to us. We will look into the matter."

I assume this means that the Russian versions are knock-offs, although he didn't say this explicitly.

On a lighter note, I've bought a few more of the Icelandic DVDs since I last contributed to the wiki, so I now have some more information to add. :)

Comment

hmmm that's interesting. Who was that one user who wanted to fix up the lazy wiki??? Ask them maybe.

Comment

Maybe this is "Pirate" productions...

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
                  Originally posted by Xizer

This user has uploaded some russian episodes in 16:9
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/lentyaika23

like this one:
                  [youtube]f55LSgxmnAc[/youtube]
                  Pretty interesting, but they use either used the same encoding scripts I did, or just borrowed the encodes I made and synced the audio. Good job, either way. Heh, I watched the encodes I made so many times I recognize the faults! That YouTube video is most likely from the first UK DVD, and due to certain things there are more blended frames than later UK DVDs. Even though I got rid of about 75% of the blending, you can see some blending at the scene changes. :)

I don't envy them, syncing the audio with video can be such a pain!

Someone once told me he had a YouTube channel where he used the Russian audio with the encodes I made, I wonder if this is the same account. I'll to do some looking later.

About the wiki, it should have a log of people who edited the wiki article.

Comment

Originally posted by nindanjoe
                    It says Espionne added the pictures. I think we have a forum user by the same name, although that doesn't guarantee it's the same person.

Comment

This is what happened to them.
                      That kid was carrying the last known copy.

Comment

Originally posted by Alan314159
                        Originally posted by nindanjoe
                        It says Espionne added the pictures. I think we have a forum user by the same name, although that doesn't guarantee it's the same person.
                        Maybe Xizer can do a quick IP check for the wiki and the forum to see if they're the same.

Someone once told me he had a YouTube channel where he used the Russian audio with the encodes I made, I wonder if this is the same account. I'll to do some looking later.
                        Yep, it's the same someone. Their old account got deleted and they made a new one. He also said there is no official Russian LazyTown DVD, at least not yet.

Comment

Working...
                        X