LazyTown DVDs on Usenet [Last Thread Update: 11/13/09]

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• LazyTown DVDs on Usenet [Last Thread Update: 11/13/09]

You may have noticed that the LazyTown DVDs have been appearing on Usenet. This is thanks to a concentrated effort from several of us in the community. With Usenet providers increasingly raising their retention rates, this should provide a more permanent archive location than file hosting sites. As of the time I post this, Astraweb has a whopping 450 days of retention.

So without further ado, here are NZBs you can load into your favorite binary newsreader to download the various LazyTown DVDs.

Australian DVDs

U.K. DVDs

U.S. DVDs

I am working on filling in the gaps. I know there are still many DVDs that need to be posted to Usenet. Please PM me if you can help get me DVD rips of any of the LazyTown releases. You do not need a Usenet account. I will take care of all that.

If you do not have Usenet service, I recommend Astraweb. This is the best deal for Usenet out there. Astraweb offers unlimited downloads with 450+ days of retention for $11/month. It owns the shit out of BitTorrent.

Re: LazyTown DVDs on Usenet [Last Thread Update: 10/31/09]

l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

I totally agree with chuft. The image quality is far superior to those Euro versions. The 4:3 is an issue but not a deal breaker. Seems either editions have their pros and cons.
      http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

4:3 is absolutely an issue. I don't care if the picture quality is a bit sharper on the U.S. DVDs when half the ****ing picture is sliced off and raped with black bars.

This is particularly annoying when you have an HDTV like me. Not only do I have to watch LazyTown in standard definition garbage with the U.S. releases, I can't even watch it in its native widescreen format.

Comment

:|
          l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Originally posted by chuft
            This is why I hate PAL.

Comment

Originally posted by chuft
              The funny thing is that half of that speech bubble would be cut off if this was a screencap from the NTSC DVDs.

PAL scree
              LO

Comment

If a user got the encodes I make, you will see a 95% reduction of blended frames for the UK DVDs (excluding the first one). While the first UK DVD and the Australian DVDs will see about a 60-65% due to the way they store the episodes on the DVD. I used to think it was about 70-80%, but I remembered more data and 70-80% became too generous. The method I use, in my opinion, destroys the video and should never be done. However, on playback it looks ok. :)

Basically, it boils down to what you find more important when strictly talking about the DVDs:

1) Widescreen (16:9) with blended frames
                2) Full Screen (4:3) with no blended frames

As has already been discussed, idea 1 is ok for playback but not good for screenshot making whereas idea 2 is better for screenshots.

Although if you do what I do with Avisynth, you might get more usable screenshots with idea 1. Oh dear me, this can go on and on. :) Hey, if they release the Blu-rays after the Viacom license expires, we won't have to worry about nothing.

EDIT: I think I just changed the argument I made! The original argument was DVD only with no extra processing (including Avisynth). So that Avisynth comment I made should not be part of the DVD argument.

Comment

Re: LazyTown DVDs on Usenet [Last Thread Update: 11/13/09]

Comment

Cannot we use a free (don't know what is it...) servers?

Comment

Comment

I am not posting shit to Rapidshit, Mega****load, or MediaShite (alright I can't think of a good one for them. Actually, okay, MediaFire's pretty good. But still.)

You want full DVD rips of LazyTown, you gotta pay for it. Really if you're a frequent pirate and you don't have Usenet access you're pretty scrubby. Scrub a dub a lubs. Usenet is a heaven.

Comment

So nice

I wanna free content because I'm are Russian! Also, because we don't have LTE goods at all... :(

But paid warez... It's not a warez - it's absolutely wrong thing.

Comment

Originally posted by PolarFox
                            So nice

I wanna free content because I'm are Russian! Also, because we don't have LTE goods at all... :(

But paid warez... It's not a warez - it's absolutely wrong thing.
                            You're not paying for warez, dumbass. You're paying for servers, bandwidth, storage space, and a corporation willing to shelter your law violating activities. Do you have any idea how much money it costs to run a Usenet server farm? Unlike torrents where it's some basement dweller uploading shit stored on their eMachine, Usenet requires a serverfarm with extensive fiber connectivity. That's what allows you to always max out your connections.

6 TB of data is posted to Usenet daily, so for a provider offering 600 days of retention they need over 3.6 petabytes of storage space. And if they have multiple serverfarms like Astraweb, they need double that.

$8/month is a steal for the value Usenet offers: anything you can imagine, as much as you want to download at your connection's maximum speed, confidence you will always be able to download it as long as it's in your provider's retention range, and anonymity - your IP address cannot be obtained by intellectual property agents as it is not floating around a pool somewhere in plain view like with torrents.

Comment

If governments needs you - your IP will be found anyway. Internet are transparent...

But, okay, maybe it's good only for "normal country" (with mad laws ) , not for us - we mostly use only free services :)

Comment

Working...
                              X