Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Website is slow sometimes

Originally posted by Xizer View Post
    Why is it that I never seem to have these problems?

Every time I visit the site it is fairly responsive...
    Depends, how often do you come around?
    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

The 30 seconds problem / repeatedly down was there during the last days, everyone said so who uses a pc. It's the first time in days that the site is responding the way it should be (now for almost 12 hours)
      Also my monitoring software doesn't lie.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Image4p.png
Views:	1
Size:	48.5 KB
ID:	147917
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
        The 30 seconds problem / repeatedly down was there during the last days, everyone said so who uses a pc. It's the first time in days that the site is responding the way it should be (now for almost 12 hours)
        Even chuft has been having the waiting for GL to load issue as well and so many others including myself. Seems to be pretty good today though but I'm sure it won't last.

Comment

I check in on the site every other day. I've been stopping in daily though since all this bitching about the site being slow has started...

Dreamhost claims they are working on the issue after receiving harassment from a variety of customers about this. I've already opened a support ticket with them and they claimed all was fine.

I don't know what else to do.

Comment

I check in on the site every other day. I've been stopping in daily though since all this bitching about the site being slow has started...

Dreamhost claims they are working on the issue after receiving harassment from a variety of customers about this. I've already opened a support ticket with them and they claimed all was fine.

I don't know what else to do.
            Nothing much else to do really. We are not the only ones with this issue going by the dreamhost forum links pooky posts and the comments in them.

Comment

..receiving harassment from a variety of customers..
              That's not harrassment. Those are reminders to bring them to the attention that they should solve the problems costumers encounter for months now. It looks like they finally understand.

harrassment..
              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Who dat Stodghill? I got this one earlier.

Comment

We had a smooth running site for 25 hours, after being 40 minutes down (restart?). After that the problem came back and got worse. I don't see any problems now after two times 30 minutes down (restart again?). We will see where this ends.

Name:	Image6.png
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	147923

Comment

Originally posted by FireRed View Post
                    weird, site was pretty normal for me.
                    Opened in 2 seconds.
                    There is no loading delay problem with android or iPhone, it's fast as always. The problem lies with using your pc browser. Loading pages have a 30 seconds delay, or multiple 60, 90, 120 seconds (if you are that patience) in bad times. When you stop the loading process before that 30 seconds point, and click on the link again, or refresh, it loads normal most of the time in 1.5 seconds. On the next link you click on, you have the 30 seconds delay again, which makes it feel that the site is terribly slow. I believe the only remedy now is a server restart, and it works well again for a day or so. We need to wait for a permanent fix.
                    https://discussion.dreamhost.com/thr...html#pid172886
                    I was talking about PC. And I use IE(11) (yep, come at me you ****ing chromeplebs and firefags)

Comment

I realize the (multiple) 30s loading problem came back after 3 months, so I wrote a message to dreamhost support to move to another data server. That fixed it for some website owners who had the same problems.

I hope they respond in time before I leave for a while. Otherwise Xizer needs to handle this situation.

Comment

I realize the (multiple) 30s loading problem came back after 3 months.
                        I got used to switch to youtube watching a video while GL is busy with loading (>_<)
                        Gallery

Comment

Not sure what the problem is but the loading time is longer than normal since a week or so. I've been contacting DH but havn't heard back from them.

Comment

A technician of Dreamhost support has cheched the site/server and noticed that both subdirectories (wiki and forums) on the site were relatively slow. He wasn't able to replicate the 500 error, or noticed anything wrong with the sites database. Now all of their customers currently located on Debian running servers will be migrated to Ubuntu Servers in 1-2 weeks, so this counts for us as well since we are also on a Debian server right now. Moving the site to a new server will change the IP for the website. Downtime is NOT expected and we're able to access the website as usual while the process is being completed. So let's hope that helps.

Comment

A few hours ago we were migrated to an Ubuntu Server and it seems that the loading times have been stabilized.

Name:	stabilized_sites.jpg
Size:	24.8 KB
ID:	148768

Comment

A few hours ago we were migrated to an Ubuntu Server and it seems that the loading times have been stabilized.
                                that's nice...looks like my ECG before and after a "don't give a shit" injection ;)
                                Gallery

Comment

Working...
                                X