Website is slow sometimes

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Website is slow sometimes

This is because of some earlier problems with the Dreamhost servers and sceduled maintenance for the next couple of days. The maintenance is probably during the night in CA and since there is a time difference people in Europe/Asia notice this problem mostly during the daytime unfortunately. So don't blame the new Get Lazy Forum software ;)

Normally the server loads is between 1 and 5 , so this is quite bad :

Click image for larger version

Name:	server_loads.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	34.0 KB
ID:	152767
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Re: Forum errors and other problems

too slow

Comment

Dreamhost server load is not good. There is not much we can do about it.
      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
        Dreamhost server load is not good. There is not much we can do about it.

I just want to mention that GL is still unbelievable slow over here...feels like the slowest page in the whole internet (except for /b/ partly)...isn't fun anymore...If Dreamhost is known for their shitty servers I wonder if there isn't a better place for us out there
        Gallery

Comment

If you install firebug on your FF browser you can see what takes the longest time to load.
          https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/firebug/

--
          This is an online test. You can compare to yours made with firebug.
          This should be almost the same for everyone doing the test because it's tested from the same server over and over again.

http://tools.pingdom.com/fpt/

Name:	slow_gl_pingdom_report.jpg
Size:	120.3 KB
ID:	147555

--
          For me it take 2 to 3 seconds to load a page. Not slow but also not very fast. I don't know why it takes so long for you.
          Do you have that all the time, on different computers? Have you tried setting up a new account and compare that to the one you have now? Just suggestions.

This is my result from firebug.

Name:	slow_gl_firebug_report27.jpg
Size:	313.5 KB
ID:	147554

Comment

I used different computers with different connections but it's always the same...now it's working properly...demo effect!...I use Chrome btw
            Gallery

Comment

I have also noticed the slowness. Sometimes it doesn't load at all.
              It is definitely slower than most other web pages.

Comment

Sorry for the troubles with this! I checked the getlazy.net/forums/
                domain and it is loading for me, but it's a little slow. I noticed that
                there were some hung processes which may have been slowing the site a
                bit. I have fixed this and the domain seems to be much better now.

Thanks!
                Kevin H.
                The site is up and stable for almost 2 hours since the message, for now..

Comment

thanks for your efforts pooky...getlazy worked well for quite a long time but currently it is falling back to it's old behavior pattern :( (means I need a couple of clicks to open a page or GL is completely unreachable sometimes)
                  Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
                    thanks for your efforts pooky...getlazy worked well for quite a long time but currently it is falling back to it's old behavior pattern :( (means I need a couple of clicks to open a page or GL is completely unreachable sometimes)
                    Thanks for the message. I do have contact with support since yesterday so let's see what they do about it.

Comment

Thanks for the message. I do have contact with support since yesterday so let's see what they do about it.
                      the weird thing is that every time when I was beefing about GL servers it gets better instantly...it's a kind of magic !
                      Gallery

Comment

the weird thing is that every time when I was beefing about GL servers it gets better instantly...it's a kind of magic !
                        the problems aren't over yet.

Comment

the problems aren't over yet.
                          unfortunatelly...hardcore slow motion
                          Gallery

Comment

the worst time is between 06:00 - 12.00 AM GMT...I have the strong feeling the servers are running in sleep mode when it is nighttime over there
                            Gallery

Comment

the worst time is between 06:00 - 12.00 AM GMT...I have the strong feeling the servers are running in sleep mode when it is nighttime over there
                              (sweet) dream(s)host ;)

Well I mailed them again few hours ago and I will do that every day untill it's fixed. This is going on for a week now. We haven't had any problems for almost 2 and a half month since they fixed it last year october. I have no idea why it's so terrible again.

Comment

Working...
                              X