This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• how to remove postings?

is there a way to remove a posting that got no answered yet?
    Gallery

Re: how to remove postings?

You can't remove a post or topic yourself, you can only edit it. If you really want a topic or post removed you can always ask one of the moderators.
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Gängelei :(...why did you change that?
      Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
        Gängelei :(...why did you change that?
        It wasn't that different from the old board because of Xizer's rule: nothing will leave this forum, which still counts. I do believe members have the right to delete and edit their post within one day. So this one's fixed.
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
          It wasn't that different from the old board because of Xizer's rule: nothing will leave this forum, which still counts. I do believe members have the right to delete and edit their post within one day. So this one's fixed.
          ok thanks
          Gallery

Comment

How do we edit posts AFTER the one day rule?

I just noticed somebody already posted the pic I posted, so I want to edit it.

Also, I am thinking of posting some very detailed episode info, but I may want to come back and edit it after some time has passed and add more and correct stuff, but how will I be able to do that with that one day rule?

Comment

The thing is that the settings for editing and delete posts within an amount of time are brought together in one setting, so changing one of them affects the other. That means that if we want people to be able to delete their message within one day the setting for editing also change to within one day. After one day you can't do anything with that post. That's clear. We had this setting because we don't want people to delete their posts, despite affecting the editing ability.

Now I have thought about the problem you mentioned and the only way to solve this is to let people loose the ability to delete their posts and let them edit their own post indefinitely. Editing posts can be seen as pseudo-deleting and if you really want a post deleted you can always ask one of the staff members. These arguments made me decide to change the setting in your advantage.

Comment

There's so much crap archived on this site. It's like a huge dumpster full of shit and we're all just flies dicking around on the surface.

Comment

Originally posted by SportaKandy View Post
                  ..crap..
                  Crap for you, a treasure for someone else

Originally posted by SportaKandy View Post
                  It's like a huge dumpster full of shit and we're all just flies dicking around on the surface.
                  I know more of those places.

Click image for larger version

Name:	381600_238088192923002_217164868348668_591692_769174131_n.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	147613

Comment

I know more of those places.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2862[/ATTACH]
                    I think it basically goes for the internet as a whole :p A giant pile of garbage with some gems here and there. Facebook is just the tip of the shitberg.

Still if users can edit their posts indefinitely what's the difference with deleting? If they can just edit their post to be blank for all intents and purposes it is deleted, isn't it?

Comment

The thing is that the settings for editing and delete posts within an amount of time are brought together in one setting, so changing one of them affects the other. That means that if we want people to be able to delete their message within one day the setting for editing also change to within one day. After one day you can't do anything with that post. That's clear. We had this setting because we don't want people to delete their posts, despite affecting the editing ability.

Now I have thought about the problem you mentioned and the only way to solve this is to let people loose the ability to delete their posts and let them edit their own post indefinitely. Editing posts can be seen as pseudo-deleting and if you really want a post deleted you can always ask one of the staff members. These arguments made me decide to change the setting in your advantage.
                      Awesome! Thanks. On the other Vbulletin sites I am on, if people want to delete posts they have to contact a mod.
                      The ebility to edit seems better to me so that we can create constantly updated First posts.
                      Thanks for your help, I'll get cracking on the episode summaries.

Edit: OK, now that I think about it, I am sure I can delete and edit messages both on some VBulletin sites?
                      Is it maybe a later version. I'm sure this is also a VBulletin site?

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo View Post
                        If they can just edit their post to be blank for all intents and purposes it is deleted, isn't it?
                        It's the same for you but not for us staff members.

Originally posted by LazyGary View Post
                        ..Edit: OK, now that I think about it, I am sure I can delete and edit messages both on some VBulletin sites?
                        Is it maybe a later version. I'm sure this is also a VBulletin site?
                        We choose the option not to delete any post, the amount of diskspace is almost unlimited and more important it doesn't lose the structure of a thread, even when people edit their post to absolute nothing (although I do not understand why anyone would do that).

Comment

Crap for you, a treasure for someone else
                          And memories for others
                          http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

The problem with allowing members to edit and delete their posts indefinitely is that in the past we have had some members with hundreds of posts on the forum go bonkers and delete/edit every single one of their postings - which ruined the flow of a lot of threads and made conversations in reference to their posts confusing.

Comment

I noticed that when looking for an old post of mine recently. Usually there isn't really any reason to edit old posts anyway so the one day limit seems fine in most cases. Things like detailed episode descriptions, or other article-like posts that might need to be updated later on, kinda belong on the wiki more than on a forum.

Hey look, we even have actual articles.

Comment

Working...
                              X