Review Of Season 3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Review Of Season 3

I'm posting this in here as to not cause irreparable harm to a certain minor's sensibilities and I'm still not really ready for a full blown review since I haven't watched them all yet but the ones I have managed to get through all I can say is

http://tossitup.ytmnd.com/

Who'd have thunk that my site would come in handy for a Lazytown review. Robbie is just as good as he always was especially in First day of Summer lol. Sportacus fine as usual however too many gadgets this time around I smell the American influence (merchandising) with that. Can anyone say "Lazytown beach set up". Now the new Stephanie, oh what have they done! She's about as real as a fake Rolex watch. She's like the third wheel on a two wheel bicycle. There is simply no chemistry there. She seems more a part of the set than anything. No seriously she might as well be miles away and you'd never notice she's missing. And her singing, don't get me started on that again. Though the songs are really bleh anyway. And I'm being as impartial as I can. You can imagine how I'd go off if I wasn't. :)

First day of summer @ 1:34
    Click image for larger version

Name:	likeastranger.png
Views:	1
Size:	395.2 KB
ID:	152770

Seriously waving and saying hi like it's some complete stranger.

....................More to follow
    http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Re: Review Of Season 3

well said...Chloe Lang ruines the show...maybe she's a charming little thing in real life but regarding Lazytown she's a completely miscast...let's looking forward to season 5 ;)
    Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
      looking forward to season 5 ;)
      Steph 3 lives

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
        well said...Chloe Lang ruines the show...maybe she's a charming little thing in real life but regarding Lazytown she's a completely miscast...let's looking forward to season 5 ;)
        Exactly I've said from beginning this is nothing to do with Chloe personally. I mean she's good but she is just not Stephanie league talent wise and she just doesn't have the looks or that charisma coming across to the audience.

Originally posted by SportaKandy View Post
        Steph 3 lives
        I agree that clown would be better :)

Comment

Steph 3 lives
          July clone at 3:00 detected (>_<)

Originally posted by boredjedi View Post
          I agree that clown would be better :)
          lol ;)
          Gallery

Comment

For me one of the important things was that there are new episodes and accept the changes they needed to make. That doesn't mean I don't dislike a few points they changed on the show. I really miss the old Pixel's voice. One thing I agree with is the amount of gadgets Sportacus has now, it's just too much. Stephanie should not be a super hero. About Chloe.. well I don't know what the criteria was for LazyTown/Warner to let someone play Stephanie in the series but if they think she was the best choice I'm fine with that. Personally I try to like her acting and singing with not much success yet, with a few exceptions. One thing is bothered me the most is the lack of a facial expression and the never ending smiling face.

It was a good start with the season 3, maybe our expectations were too high and you should not compare them with the first season but as a new beginning. I still love the episodes.

..what's with the clown? :?
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
              For me one of the important things was that there are new episodes and accept the changes they needed to make. That doesn't mean I don't dislike a few points they changed on the show.
              Implying they've never made complete blunders before in selecting a cast member. They've made plenty. Not just Warner mind you I mean industry wise. The fact that you have to force yourself to like a cast member they chose is evidence. And as far as American tastes nowadays all I can say is

Name:	steph.png
Size:	1.08 MB
ID:	147449

Whether the Lazytown team had any say in the matter I'm not sure of that or if Warner just steamrolled them into accepting their choice. I'm sure there was a lot of politics behind this choice as well on the American side of it.

One thing is bothered me the most is the lack of a facial expression and the never ending smiling face.
              And that laugh is getting quite irritating.

I really miss the old Pixel's voice. One
              Yeah I noticed that right away. Had forgotten there was talk about the new voice somewhere around here.

maybe our expectations were too high
              My expectations is not higher. I want at least the same quality and this just is not it. The title intro is chopped up and seems rushed. Just a bunch of random new scenes with old ones put together. The episodes are more about schtick rather than substance (ah the American way).

you should not compare them with the first season
              Well I try not to when I watch the new episodes but there's just nothing there that makes me forget the originals. Then I start comparing them to the originals. What comes across to me from these new ones is that the excitement, spontaneity, fun, good music (sorry manni) is just not there. It's as if they are just waking up in the morning and saying "let's just get this over with".

One point I highly neglected and one of the most important factors. The Choreography. In this new season I notice it's someone named Stella Ronsenkranz. The first Season it was Birna Bjornsdottir and Selma Bjornsdottir. Whoever this Rosenkranz is, I'm sure this was a Warner choice, needs to go as well.

I posted this image in another thread

Name:	sad_robbie.png
Views:	2
Size:	794.3 KB
ID:	147450

But it pretty much sums up my overall feelings. Other than Robbie, the rest of the cast might as well be them balls.

Now.... Send in the clowns!

Comment

Now.... Send in the clowns!

Comment

So that's how clowns operate

Comment

Stunt Double!

Scavenger Hunt @00:50

Name:	stunt_double.png
Size:	332.8 KB
ID:	147451

Comment

One point I highly neglected and one of the most important factors. The Choreography. In this new season I notice it's someone named Stella Ronsenkranz. The first Season it was Birna Bjornsdottir and Selma Bjornsdottir. Whoever this Rosenkranz is, I'm sure this was a Warner choice, needs to go as well.
                      I agree on the terrible choreography although it fits Chloe. This is a video I uploaded some time ago where Stella (?) instructs Chloe how to dance.

Stunt Double!
                      Already noticed that in a screenshot from the trailer. I beat you with this post
                      http://www.getlazy.net/forums/showth...ll=1#post74208
                      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Here's my review:

I was entertained and I even lol'd a few times. More importantly the show was exciting.

So yea... A

Comment

I agree on the terrible choreography although it fits Chloe. This is a video I uploaded some time ago where Stella (?) instructs Chloe how to dance.

Already noticed that in a screenshot from the trailer. I beat you with this post

Does there happen to be one of Julianna with the original choreographers?

I thought I recognized that shot but wasn't sure oh well :) At least we know now which eppy it is from and time sequence.

Comment

Does there happen to be one of Julianna with the original choreographers?
                            Not that I know of.

btw I saw the new superman this weekend and it was even worse than I expected, eventhough it was in 3D. Too much violence and special effects. Somehow the earlier versions of Superman where more realistic and fun to watch. It's almost comparing Latibaer with the LazyTown new style multiplied with a factor 10. If that's the trend I wonder what kind of LazyTown movie to expect..

Comment

Not that I know of.

btw I saw the new superman this weekend and it was even worse than I expected, eventhough it was in 3D. Too much violence and special effects. Somehow the earlier versions of Superman where more realistic and fun to watch. It's almost comparing Latibaer with the LazyTown new style multiplied with a factor 10. If that's the trend I wonder what kind of LazyTown movie to expect..
                              Ah okay didn't think there was well not publicly. I'm sure someone has footage at lte under wraps.

Yeah as I figured haven't seen it yet but since you did you might enjoy this. I only shudder at the thought of a lazytown movie with Americans involved.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CjSNLmb0Ndw

Comment

Working...
                              X