Lazytown Marathon NOW on Sprout (North America!) Nov.11 11am-3pm PST

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lazytown Marathon NOW on Sprout (North America!) Nov.11 11am-3pm PST

Didn't see any post about this (searched for 'marathon' on the forums) so even though it may be too late for some to do anything about it, there's a Lazytown marathon going on today (NOW!) on Sprout for 4 hours, part of their "Hooray for Heroes" day! Runs from 11am-3pm PST

Its about the best thing ever? XD At least 8 episodes of Lazytown goodness, and thankfully in HD where I'm at (recording in 1080i, yay!) First episode appears to be "Energy Book". Hope some of you other fans can catch it too!.

Edit: It appears that the episodes are run continuous from start to finish with no ad break, nor do they do not squash or squeeze the bing bang dance like the daily runs (only part of the credit sequence), at least for the end of Energy Book. This is probably the best chance to get the episodes in HD somewhat clean (Sprout Logo is really the only downside.) Second episode is "Dr. Rottenstein" Looks like a Julianna marathon!

Re: Lazytown Marathon NOW on Sprout (North America!) Nov.11 11am-3pm PST

Ah that's great, I love TV-marathons. Unfortunately I can't get Sprout here ;)

If you happen to get S1E28 - LazyTown's Greatest Hits and S1E34 - Sportacus on the Move in HD 1080i, that would be great. Those are the ones we've been missing.
    Also the Good To Be Bad song in S01E29 Surprise Santa but I doubt they ever going to show that song since it's been cut out for a number of years already.

Have fun watching!
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
      If you happen to get S1E28 - LazyTown's Greatest Hits and S1E34 - Sportacus on the Move in HD 1080i, that would be great. Those are the ones we've been missing.
      Also Miss Roberta IIRC.

Comment

Sorry, it looks like they didn't air any of those episodes. :( The ones shown today were:

Energy Book
        Dr Rottenstein
        Hero For a Day
        Rottenbeard
        Crystal Caper
        Lazy Scouts
        Swiped Sweets
        PixelsPix

Also, I noticed it didn't have the pre-intro Sportacus bits, but I was still happy the rest of it was not as messed up as it could have been. Hope they do another one soon!

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
          Ah that's great, I love TV-marathons. Unfortunately I can't get Sprout here ;)

Also the Good To Be Bad song in S01E29 Surprise Santa but I doubt they ever going to show that song since it's been cut out for a number of years already.

Have fun watching!
          Sorry for the bump to this old post, but as of this minute, "Lazytown's Greatest Hits" is now airing on the second Sprout episode today. Great episode that highlights the best the first season has to offer. Hopefully they don't butcher the ending Bing Bang dance too horribly. I'm recording in 1080i. Is there any suggestions you may have to get it to you guys? My format is MJPEG from a Blackmagic Intensity Pro; I know there may be an issue with interlacing order that I believe can be fixed but not sure how. Files are about 18GB for 23 minutes.

Comment

Originally posted by Sportachris View Post
            ..Files are about 18GB for 23 minutes.
            That's a lot of GB's
            maybe Xizer can help you to bring that down to a reasonable 3GB
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

That is a shame that Time Warner Cable is your cable provider. They are locked down tight.

The good news is that we don't need 'LazyTown's Greatest Hits'. An NBC recording is already available. (band-lazytown-s01e28, pooky...)

We also have S01E34 from Sprout HD already too... don't know how you've managed to overlook those.

The only episode we don't have in HD from season one from either Sprout or NBC is Miss Roberta. I suspect the Americans have censored this episode because of the cross-dressing.

Comment

What's locked down? I'm getting my TV from Comcast (which I hate way more than Time Warner, actually). I guess I should get around to grabbing what you guys already have (I think I saw a thread about that elsewhere here...?) I mainly started to record the Sprout broadcasts because I wanted to justify the cost of the family cable bill and get clean costume references - wasn't aware that HD caps were already done till just recently. :)

Also.. I find the "Super Sproutlet Show" very interesting. The Bean character is an interesting "conduit" between Lazytown and the Northeastern United States. I often wonder what would have happened if she had been cast as the new Stephanie instead of Chloe... So catching the new Lazytown-related footage for the Super Sproutlet Show is a pretty cool bonus. :) Maybe I'll try to catalog them at some point, since there are a finite number of "episodes" for them it seems.

Comment

Originally posted by Xizer View Post
                  The good news is that we don't need 'LazyTown's Greatest Hits'. An NBC recording is already available. (band-lazytown-s01e28, pooky...)

We also have S01E34 from Sprout HD already too... don't know how you've managed to overlook those.
                  Ah right, found the missing files

Originally posted by Sportachris View Post
                  ..Is there any suggestions you may have to get it to you guys?
                  Sorry SC, probably I had an episode-black-out and wasn't aware that the episode was on usernet already. Thx for the recording though.

Comment

Well, in that case, I'd advise investing in a CableCARD tuner. Either the Ceton InfiniTV, HDHomeRun PRIME, or Hauppauge WinTV DCR-2650.

Rent a CableCARD from Comcast (~$2/month) and record all the material on your PC with that CableCARD tuner.

The episodes ought to have no DRM on them and they will be bit-perfect recordings of the signal Comcast is sending to you (no re-encoding, and as such, no quality loss). They are identical to something you'd record and store on your cable company's DVR.

Comment

Thanks for the information, Xizer. I'll look into getting one of those. I got some various things to get rid of DRM protection, (like a HDMI splitter) but I ended up not needing them since the newer Comcast boxes don't even seem to care anymore (the older ones would block our DVD recorders). But definitely if its the data straight from the broadcast without being re-encoded into MJPEG, that'd be an improvement!

Comment

Working...
                      X