This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are you listening to right now [2023-10]

It seems to me you guys like rock, so here's some rock.

l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Comment

With winter fast approaching

http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

That was a disturbing movie. I could never look at Robert Downey Jr. the same way after.

Meanwhile, the original

In the Bangles version I always thought they said "Carry a gun in your hand" but in the S&G version it's clear it's "cup" not "gun". And it is in the Bangles too now that I listened to it again and looked up the lyrics.

Comment

Originally posted by chuft View Post
            If you go to 0:21 of the first song and listen for a few lines, then go to 0:39 of the Rammstein song and listen for a few lines - very very similar.
            yes lil similar

I do vastly prefer the Rammstein song, but that's another matter.
            not surprising
            Gallery

Comment

That was a disturbing movie. I could never look at Robert Downey Jr. the same way after.

Meanwhile, the original

In the Bangles version I always thought they said "Carry a gun in your hand" but in the S&G version it's clear it's "cup" not "gun". And it is in the Bangles too now that I listened to it again and looked up the lyrics.
              Yeah wish they didn't do that with music videos inserting clips of the movies the song is connected with. Just keep it the band.
              Another one that comes to mind is Berlin's You Take My Breath Away.
              Also, the Bangles version needs more cowbell I gotta have more cowbell! I got a fever and the only prescription is more cowbell!

I was going to post the original too but figured most around here probably knows it's a cover song.

A more recent Simon and Garfunkel cover song

Comment

Good cover.

Puts me in the mood for this one.

and this one

I hate it when musical geniuses can't get along, like Morrissey and Johnny Marr, or Simon & Garfunkel. I can only imagine what the world has missed by these kinds of people going their separate ways.

On the other hand I think Pink Floyd was pretty much spent by the time they did The Wall, once Waters dominated the band they went in a very dark, depressing, whiney direction. Liked the early stuff a lot more. Best tracks on The Wall were the ones written by Gilmour IMO, namely these two

Comment

Comment

Comment

Let's get to the good stuff.

Comment

Comment

I hate it when musical geniuses can't get along, like Morrissey and Johnny Marr, or Simon & Garfunkel. I can only imagine what the world has missed by these kinds of people going their separate ways.

On the other hand I think Pink Floyd was pretty much spent by the time they did The Wall, once Waters dominated the band they went in a very dark, depressing, whiney direction. Liked the early stuff a lot more. Best tracks on The Wall were the ones written by Gilmour IMO, namely these two
                          Yup usually the egos start to come into play a lot when bands get famous.
                          Waters was becoming a tyrant if I remember correctly. But yeah, their best
                          days were behind them.

Comment

Speaking of their old stuff

Long quiet intro on this one

Comment

Very good report on the tensions in the band and the battle over this song
                              And how it evolved into the version we know of
                              I've been watching this guy for a week or so now when he popped
                              up in recommended after all this time of being on youtube.
                              Haven't caught all his stuff yet but so far they've been pretty good
                              videos.

Comment

Working...
                              X