How to rip subtitles from .Isos for free on Monterey?

Collapse
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • possessor
    I like LazyTown.
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 30 - Stepher
    • Oct 2021

How to rip subtitles from .Isos for free on Monterey?

tryna do this for my channel BUT
    most of the apps don't work, won't let me add the file, need to pay for, windows and linux only, etc.
  • LazyPooky
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    • Oct 2007

Not all subtitles are easy to rip from DVD and you need Optical character recognition-software (OCR) to do that for you. Best to use freeware. Not much for MacOS Monterey I'm afraid. I will look in to this if the freeware that I use is also for MacOS at a later time.

If you're looking for specific LazyTown subtitles, they are already available.
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• possessor
      I like LazyTown.
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 30 - Stepher
      • Oct 2021

Originally posted by LazyPooky

If you're looking for specific LazyTown subtitles, they are already available.
      I'm looking for the subtitles on the 'Nyja hetjan i Latabae' DVD in Icelandic.

Comment

• LazyPooky
        ADMINISTRATOR
        Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
        • Oct 2007

Originally posted by possessor

I'm looking for the subtitles on the 'Nyja hetjan i Latabae' DVD in Icelandic.
        Those are not real subtitles, but picture based subtitles. You can't extract them. Like I said, you need OCR software for that to read the picture text.

Format: VobSub
        Codec ID/Info: Picture based subtitle format used on DVDs​
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• possessor
          I like LazyTown.
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 30 - Stepher
          • Oct 2021

Makes sense, can you recommend any?

Comment

Working...