• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Your Country

Originally posted by pyrophilia
    Originally posted by LazyTownWW

Wow I never knew about those Chinese maps. Is that their way of being racist or something?
    Nope, that's just how they saw what they knew of the world in ancient times.
    So they genuinely thought Africa was that small? Wow.

Still though, nobody can expect them to have known any better
    Quite! I think it's interesting, what people used to think before we had satellites and stuff to show us exactly what it was like...

... Mind you, does anyone know anything about the Flat Earth Society, with their satellite denial and giant Ice Wall?

Comment

Originally posted by Rowan

Wow I never knew about those Chinese maps. Is that their way of being racist or something?

Quite! I think it's interesting, what people used to think before we had satellites and stuff to show us exactly what it was like...

... Mind you, does anyone know anything about the Flat Earth Society, with their satellite denial and giant Ice Wall?
      Please don't tell me that actually exists... what has humanity come to?

Comment

They have pretty good arguments for most things, but unfortunately when asked to explain something they come up with an idea that sounds a bit rushed or forced, like an excuse. Yeah, I spent ages reading their forum... it was interesting. I mean, I guess if we'd been taught the earth was flat all our lives we'd believe it too, but because we've been brought up being taught science and geography that is more flawless than the "flat earth" version, it's pretty hard to believe.

Comment

[quote=Rowan]
          Originally posted by "pyrophilia":f1fcf

They have pretty good arguments for most things, but unfortunately when asked to explain something they come up with an idea that sounds a bit rushed or forced, like an excuse. Yeah, I spent ages reading their forum... it was interesting. I mean, I guess if we'd been taught the earth was flat all our lives we'd believe it too, but because we've been brought up being taught science and geography that is more flawless than the "flat earth" version, it's pretty hard to believe.[/quote:f1fcf]

I suppose what you say is true.

But seriously I was in Newquay a few months ago and there was a hilltop where you could see nothing but the horizon, and it was curved ever so slightly.

Comment

[quote=pyrophilia][quote=Rowan]
            Originally posted by "LazyTownWW":c90b2
            Originally posted by "pyrophilia":c90b2

They have pretty good arguments for most things, but unfortunately when asked to explain something they come up with an idea that sounds a bit rushed or forced, like an excuse. Yeah, I spent ages reading their forum... it was interesting. I mean, I guess if we'd been taught the earth was flat all our lives we'd believe it too, but because we've been brought up being taught science and geography that is more flawless than the "flat earth" version, it's pretty hard to believe.[/quote:c90b2]

I suppose what you say is true.

But seriously I was in Newquay a few months ago and there was a hilltop where you could see nothing but the horizon, and it was curved ever so slightly.[/quote:c90b2]
            No, that's all to do with light refraction! Or something. The Earth is totally not a sphere...

Comment

I'v been thinking about this ever since I joined GetLazy in June, and Rowan made me think about it again. So we got people from several parts of the world:
              1) The US, from the north, south, Midwest and the West Coast (idk about the East Coast)
              2) The UK (mostly english + 1 scotsman)
              3) A few from Latin America
              4) Atleast 2 scandinavians (a sweed and a norwegian)
              5) Atleast 2 germans
              6) Atleast a dutchman
              7) One romanian (I'm pretty sure I'm the only one)
              8) Atleast one russian (and he's from Asia)
              9) One turk
              I think that's it :?

Comment

I'v been thinking about this ever since I joined GetLazy in June, and Rowan made me think about it again. So we got people from several parts of the world:
                1) The US, from the north, south, Midwest and the West Coast (idk about the East Coast)
                5) Atleast 2 germans
                6) Atleast 1 dutch
                9) One turk
                You can devide the US in different states and Latin America in different countries (Chile, Mexico), like you did with Europe

10) one from Spain

There are more from Europe on YT: poland, Swiss, Belgium, Austria, Italy, Iceland , and also people in Australia, maybe they watch GL too but never post.
                Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

5) Atleast 2 germans
                  6) Atleast a dutchman
                  9) One turk
                  thanks for this interesting statistic...this also mirror the popularity of LT in different countrys I guess..
                  Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
                    You can devide the US in different states and Latin America in different countries (Chile, Mexico), like you did with Europe

10) one from Spain

There are more from Europe on YT: poland, Swiss, Belgium, Austria, Italy, Iceland , and also people in Australia, maybe they watch GL too but never post.
                    I meant members here on GL.
                    And yes, I forgot about Ana :oops:

Comment

Of course we do silly. JRM trolls the boards creating a hitlist.

Comment

8) From Eurasia! Asia sounds like China.

Comment

Originally posted by PolarFox
                          ..Asia sounds like China.
                          Aha so there's the problem
                          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

DO NO WANT GO TO CHINA - they have totalitarianism, green dam, censors AND MORE! :(

But it's also not problem, because one country are not another country - so we not a China- that's problem :)

Comment

Originally posted by PolarFox
                              DO NO WANT GO TO CHINA - they have totalitarianism, green dam, censors AND MORE! :(

But it's also not problem, because one country are not another country - so we not a China- that's problem :)
                              lol PF...are you there in this picture?...there are some helpful economically and commercially things which you guys could learn from good old China btw...and you guys got also a democracy in a rich traditional style like your friends in China as well...
                              Gallery

Comment

duntnow who is that - but he so RED and so USSR (it's not me, I'm not SO HUGE ) Big boy :fatty:

economically and commercially things
                                we haven't so MUCH peoples And repeatin' - totalitarianism is a bad way, I think (but our way ,maybe, much worse).

a democracy
                                one of the worst piece of shit, all "democratic" peoples know that.

like your friends in China
                                most of our people, think about China like an hypothetic aggressor, also they are so close :)

Comment

Working...
                                X