X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: LOL Pics.

Originally posted by LazyTownWW
    Hmm, should I continue the offtopic about religion?
    I'll make it short.
    @Ypeths, there's a lot you don't understand about religion. Anyway, I know what you think was not made up by yourself, you just saw a show, or read a book, and you chose to BELIVE what you do now. So we're good. BTW you are aware that most atheist/agnostic parrents also teach they'r kids to be atheists/agnostics, sometimes even forcing them to do so? This much said, I am so glad I come from a fammily of mixed beliefs.

@SonicStephanie - I'm sure you think your a genious, but the fact that you worship Turkey and Ataturk in stead of Allah shows you are still religious :) - also, when did the arabs massacre turks? Maybee when you conquered them, right?

I won't even start to preach, or to discuss highly philosophical matters, we're in this thread for laughs, not hard thinking. Let's not take this further, shall we?
    I'll take it further, because its interesting to me (stick it in some other thread if you like)

No I did not see it anywhere, people can actually think for themselves, or obtain information and make an opinion about its right or wrongs. And yes, I'm aware of that agressive atheist deal, and I'm not for it nor have I stated that I was. I'd just like to hear what this about religion I don't understand, and why I'm wrong. And I haven't joined some "atheist" club where you all get along and think up some kind of theory to why there is no god, call it whatever the hell you want, I just think its wrong to claim something without fact, as the term "belief"

Comment

Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
      Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
        Wow haha...I know that guy, but I can't remember his/her/whatever's name.

@ypeths
        I guess it's wrong for to belive my mom loves me. And I guess it's wrong if she belives I love her. It's wrong for me to belive the african savana is beautifull without going there to see it for myself. It's wrong to belive Stalin was evil, since I haven't met him, and never will (probably).

How do you define fact? You actualy belive that science is based on facts and not on belief? Science is complicated and twisted, not many unerstand it. In order to understand it, you have to study it. But the thing is that you are not studying facts, you are studying the oppinions and beliefs of others. Science has changed itself countless times, and it still keeps ****ing up, and afterwards it changes itself again. In the near pased scientist told us that only medicine made in theyr labs work fine. Today we know this is crap, as many times, herbal medicine produces better results then the farmaceutical industry.

I was skeptical about some things that others sayd were crap before. They used to tell me that "facts prove it to be wrong". Then I put my prejudice aside and looked into these things. I was surprised tp find out how full of crap those skeptics were themselfs, since they themselfs weren't going on any facts, but on beliefs.

You belive religion brings no proof whatsoever. Think of all the times you've seen a skeptic saying that the supernatural is fake, yet he wasen't even bothering to bring proof for his claims, and the believers had tons of proof. Haven't you ever met a complete stranger that knew everything about you, even if he had no way of knowing it? Or are you going to call that some sort of mental dilusion, or are you going to come up with some sort of conspiracy theory that he was stalking you?

I know you haven't understood all of this, but...oh well.

Comment

name is Chris Crocker

Comment

@LazyTownWW

You aren't responding to anything I've said, you just keep referring to the opinions of others.

And about belief, are you serious? of course you can "believe" your Mother loves you, that the savanna of Africa is beautiful and so on, but that's based on experiences you have had, you have felt your Mothers love and you've seen pictures and videos of the African savanna. you have gathered information and made a rational decision. However you can't put that "belief" on something you've never experienced for yourself. Also there are hundreds of philosophical theories that vary with the word "belief" I guess people use it as a fancy way of saying "I think".
            And I define fact as something measurable, it's fact that no discoveries have been made about something that religions claims to be, a controlling being, a hell and heaven after death, so on.
            fact is somthing along the lines with: eating food will keep you from starving and the pen is blue.

Comment

I believe there isnt a god

there

I believe there are flying elephants in space. Prove me wrong.
              The word believe is meaningless.
              Religion doesn't make people good, nor does atheism make people bad.

end of discussion.

Comment

Comment

i'd rather be unhappy then have a false sense of happiness

Comment

Originally posted by SportaKandy
                    The difference between WW and yourself is that he has faith and you do not. He believes there are more things then just what you see in front of your face. I agree with him on this. But you have every right to see it the other way
                    No. Thats not the difference at all. I think that everything has a possibility, I just don't claim that it's there.

Comment

Comment

can we post funny pics now?

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by yhpets
                            @LazyTownWW

You arnt responding to anything I've said you just keep refering to the opinions of others.

And about belief, are you serious? of course you can "believe" your mother loves you, that the savanna of Africa is beautiful and so on, but that's based on experiences you have had, you have felt your mothers love and uve seen pictures and videos of the african savanna. you have gathered information and made a rational decision. However you can't put that "belief" on something uve never experienced for yourself. Also there are hunders of philosophical theories that vary with the word "belief" I guess poeple use it as a fancy way of saying "I think".
                            And I define fact as something messurable, it's fact that no discoveries have been made about someting that religions claims to be, a controling being, a hell and heaven after death, so on.
                            fact is somthing along the lines with: eating food will keep you from starving and the pen is blue.
                            So my feelings are lieing to me? What about others's feelings? How do you explain some strange happenings, like people being able to read other's minds, dreams that predict the future, all the ghost sights etc? Or let me guess, it's all coincidence or immagination.
                            What you don't understand about religion is that God is beyond the laws of phisics which he created. He choses to give us signs of His existence, to reinforce our faith, and at the same time keep it faith (not knoledge). Unleas you want to call all the people that have recieved signs liars or insane (some try to prove Joanne D'Ark was schitzofrenic), I invite you to rethink your views.
                            Originally posted by yhpets
                            Originally posted by "SportaKandy
                            The difference between WW and yourself is that he has [b
                            faith[/b] and you do not. He believes there are more things then just what you see in front of your face. I agree with him on this. But you have every right to see it the other wayquote]

No. Thats not the difference at all. I think that everything has a possibility, I just don't claim that it's there.
                            I don't claim I know for certain there is God other then in my soul, which you can not disprove. Maybee everything is a coincidence, but the fact that many athesits join a religion sooner or later shows the possibility is obvious.
                            Originally posted by Deep4t
                            I believe there isnt a god

there

I believe there are flying elephants in space. Prove me wrong.
                            The word believe is meaningless.
                            Religion doesn't make people good, nor does atheism make people bad.

end of discussion.
                            Yes it does, made me better, it's making all the inmates better. Sure, it doesen't change everyone. it all deppends on how much they are willing to change.
                            And no, atheism doesen't make some people bad, but it does **** up some of them realy hard. I have a hard time any serial killer or a child molester is a devout theist or anything like that.
                            i'd rather be unhappy then have a false sense of happiness
                            That's too bad. What about drink, drugs, sex, good food, exercise, friends, nice clothes, money, LazyTown and any other thing that makes you happy? I mean it's all an illusion, according to the materialistic philosophy.

OK END OF THE LINE, I WON'T BE RESPONDING TO THIS ANY MORE. I am glad that some like to think this much

Comment

rage.... building....

Comment

Dear Deidre
                                Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                                Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Working...
                                X