Originally posted by Lazycus
    Originally posted by Locard
    Miley: Beats Julianna...
    Utter nonsense.
    :headbang: :headbang: :headbang: Miley :headbang: :headbang:

Comment

Re: Selena Gomez > Julianna

I can see the reasoning behind Stingy's sig now...you're a Miley fan!! D<

Jk, but seriously, Miley isn't that great...

Comment

Re: Selena Gomez &gt; Julianna

Originally posted by Lily_Kaelar
        I can see the reasoning behind Stingy's sig now...you're a Miley fan!! D<
        Hah. I hate him for a much better reason than that

Comment

Re: Selena Gomez &gt; Julianna

I know, I know. I can tell. ;)

But I'm a neutral party sooo....don't want to get in the middle of it. Back to topic!

My dad recorded the past few weeks of American Idol on the DVR and we just watched the one with Miley in it...

She's a sweet girl it seems but you never know, she could just be acting. Not that she's a great actress or anything >>; but she told every single one of the contestants that they were amazing, and I disagreed. Crystal Bowersocks was one of those that I agreed was phenomenal, but it's people like Didi that make me want to change the channel...or in this case, delete the recording.

As for most other Disney channel stars (not the cool ones from my generation of Disney like Christie Carlson Romano or Shia LeBeouf and so on)...they kinda suck.

I loved 90's Disney. "So Weird" was one of my faves, with Cara DeLizia playing Fiona (Fi). There were a lot of cool shows on then.

Current Disney Channel stars, for the most part, are all the same and very bland and unfunny.

Comment

Re: Selena Is officially the most sexiest ever!!!

Originally posted by Stingy
            In terms of physical attractiveness, they're all good looking without a doubt. But I agree that Selena Gomez is the most attractive.
            However, in terms of overall sexiness, I am more attracted to Miley Cyrus.
            I say that because she is not like all of the other robotic disney stars. Miley knows how to stir shit up. Knows how to make a few heads turn. Knows how to break the rules.
            And as Xizer brought up earlier, she is biting the hand that feeds her with her decision to leave Hannah Montana and Disney. Not every Disney spawn has the ovaries to do that.
            Which brings me to this:
            Originally posted by Xizer
            I think we can all agree though: the Jonas Brothers suck ass.
            I hate the Jonas Brothers because of how bullshit they are. I know they like to put out this angelic image of themselves, and it's frankly disgusting.
            FINALLY!!!

Being a student at an all-girls school, I am forced to hear about how "cute" and "amazing" and "talented" they are every single day, and frankly, I'm tired of it. If that's not enough, almost everyone carries some form of Jonas memorabilia with them at all times. It's just plain awful.

Comment

You see, this is what I dislike. Instead of commentary on each one's individual merits and talents, it always comes down to who is sexier or cuter. It is blatantly sexist, and quite frankly, I have more respect for women than to talk about them solely based on their looks. They're all attractive, nuff said. I like the Disney talent for reasons that go beyond looks. 3,500 Last.fm plays of Miley Cyrus. That's over 183 hours listening to Miley songs alone. That's dedication. Mere lust does not warrant 183 hours of listening time.

So anyways, Attractiveness is a fine piece of criteria but it shouldn't be the lead of the argument. When it is, you know you have a weak argument.

Comment

I have nothing more to say here. That pretty much sums up everything I would have to say about it. I really do not care what talented people look like, because their talent is enough to make me a fan. In fact, most of the time I hear someone's music or see their talent before I know what they look like.

Here's a good example of talent over looks:

Sure, not a Disney Channel star...but a good example nonetheless.

Comment

who is that?

Comment

Originally posted by pinkmuscles
                    who is that?
                    Jack Black dude! Cmon!

Comment

Comment

Jim Carrey is another example. He and Jack Black are among my favorite not-quite-attractive-but-oh-so-talented actors.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SportaKandy
                            You have good taste in actors. I dig the psychotic charisma. Carrey is genius. The Truman Show is a work of art.
                            Thanks

And yes, definitely--it's one of my favorite movies. The storyline is very creative. I often wonder if my life is anything like that...sometimes I feel like I'm being watched and the world isn't real, and one day a bunch of people will pull the set down and tell me that my show got canceled and I can live in actual reality.

But I'm really just paranoid. Still, it would be pretty awesome.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by SportaKandy
                                Originally posted by Lily_Kaelar
                                sometimes I feel like I'm being watched and the world isn't real
                                Probably because you are and it isn't. That's not paranoid, that's perceptive. But I doubt it's a tv show, that seems too insignificant.

I think if it wasn't real, it would be more like a virtual reality sort of thing where they take off my helmet and tell me it was all a test. Or perhaps like the Truman show but more for monitoring me and not for entertainment, and then it would be a test that I have passed and they will now let me live in the real world and be a cool space cadet or some shit.

Comment

Working...
                                X