• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Phineas and Ferb

Some new videos from San Diego Comic-Con 2011:

1. Before/after public conference:

[youtube]yonzXTlB6d4[/youtube] [youtube]uKN-c0XKo8Q[/youtube]
    [youtube]9B7qNmabrCE[/youtube]

2. During public conference (from my point of view, the last two parts were better):

[youtube]1iV6lbHpmXM[/youtube] [youtube]x6pkELcefG0[/youtube]
    [youtube]oG7obF79PS0[/youtube] [youtube]kFhDAmaG9UY[/youtube]
    [youtube]h4fHtvjocls[/youtube]

H.

Comment

As part of C-C SD 2011 and just two days to go:

[youtube]zeQXcgnLy6k[/youtube]

Greetings,
      H.

Comment

Seriously: "Whatcha? doin?"

[youtube]lLjJoXrCi7A[/youtube]

Comment

“Phineas and Ferb - Across The Second Dimension in Fabulous 2D” (Only for fans)

Overview:
          Well, here is my review of the film:

The film created many expectations on me because the excellent background of the TV series (as the artistic level as musical level) and, of course, because of the effect of advertising that was done last weeks before the film launching.
          However, after seeing the movie about three times (the first one on YT, thanks to people that kindly upload it before was deleted under those damn "copyright terms") I must say it was disappointing. I won’t say it was a "bad" movie because that would be really unfair: it had some short moments of great creativity and genius (as “P&F” usually do as a kind of trade mark of their own, if you will) but certainly I expected more, much more, from the creative genius of Dan Povenmire, Swampy Marsh and Jon Colton Barry in this film.

First of all, the movie story is pretty bland (not in accordance with all those great standards established by its own creators, in other TV specials, as well as exceptional and highly original episodes on the TV series).

Although it was maintained most of the main features of characters 1.0 (ie, first dimension), at the same time, characters 2.0 (ie, second dimension) were minimized and presented without their key “hook”: the grace and originality of dialogue.
          Dr. Doofenshmirtz's case was absolutely critical to me: Doof 2.0 ridiculed and minimized Doof 1.0 until the point of making him look extremely stupid, meaningless, and even worse, absolutely not funny.
          Candace's character, which is usually very lively, cheerful and humorous (thanks to her witty, misfortunes and yelling) is converted into a sort of "Lara Croft" (Candace 2.0) completely cold, with a lot of effective action scenes, yes, BUT alike Doof 2.0, not funny at all.

Characters 2.0 (in general) lost much of their essence. I wasn’t expecting they were similar to characters 1.0, but definitely they were turned into a very secondary characters: sometimes very evil (for TV series standards), sometimes without no personality and all of them unfunny at all. This is not related at all to what is the essence of the TV series of "P&F".

On the other hand, there were omissions of characters that could help to improve a little bit this movie (for instance, Olivia Olson’s case, who only appeared as the singer voice on what may be is the best song in the film but unfortunately -- and inexplicably -- it was reduced to just two short verses). Monogram 1.0 and Isabella 1.0 had short and meaningless presence on the film (even the final kiss scene, looked out of context after 70 minutes of ignoring any relationship between the main characters 1.0).

Lastly, the final battle sequence is interesting but looked more like a preamble to the PC and console games (that they would sell) more than an integral part of the film. Of course, I could be wrong.

As a "P&F" fan, I have to say this was a sort of experiment not very well handled, btw, and that's a pity because I know its creators are able to give a million times much more than they gave in this occasion. They have showed in the past their huge and undeniable artistic talent, and due to the same artistic staff (who created so wonderful things before) is the same one used in the movie, what was it that happened then? I really don't know...

I only hope better things in the future for this amazing series: for sure, it deserves (and its fans too).

In short:
          - Pros: good animation, three great songs ("Everything's better with Perry", "Summer (Where Do We Begin?") and, maybe the best of all them, "Walk Away"). Characters 1.0 kept much the key features shown in the TV series and carried out all the interesting things about the film.
          - Cons: Characters 2.0 totally gray, bland, some of them extremely evil (for the standards of the series) and totally unfunny. Omission of characters and cut of several scenes (among them, music scenes). Apparently, Disney Channel ordered shorten the film (Why?????), a stupid decision (which I disagree with) that didn't help to improve the movie, from my point of view.

Final result:
          Screenplay: 5/10
          Animation: 8/10
          Characters 1.0: 8/10
          Characters 2.0: 3/10
          Deleted scenes: 0/10 (because of DC)
          Final battle: 7/10
          Music: 9/10 (the three songs mentioned before) / 7/10 (the rest of the songs)

Greetings,
          H.

Comment

Simply sweet and tender:

[youtube]KHGdswiDDgk[/youtube]

?"Doof" Povenmire and daughters. The youngest girl's name is Isabella Povenmire, probably the main inspiration to IGS,

G,
            H.

Comment

A little bit more about the sweet side of "Doofenshmirtz" family, lol!:

[youtube]TDFQhCiDZEs[/youtube]

Comment

A funny video and unpublished (until now):

[youtube]1fdGbPvrrSI[/youtube]

P.S.: A happy birthday to Dan Povenmire, !!

[youtube]Rl1X3QmdexE[/youtube]

Greetings,
                H.

Comment

Absolutely a "DoofGram" or what DVD comments should be, lol:

[youtube]72WDU0jhwfg[/youtube]

Greetings,
                  H.

Comment

This is the original plot of the series (taken, I presume, from some DVD or something like that). Anyways, it's really awesome:

[youtube]KHj2rkRm-H8[/youtube]

Greetings,
                    H.

Comment

I know it's an old video (2008) but I just watched it today: she looks so sweet and, OMG, what a great voice has this girl!, !:

[youtube]yUYQJdWB0dM[/youtube]

Greetings,
                      H.

Comment

I have listened this song over and over and I love it, !

Leaving aside the scenes of this old video (the quality is truly crappy), this early version of the song "Big Ginormous Airplane" (one of the best of the show, btw), rather than alternative song is a great version in itself: the slow and catchy rhythm kept by Martin (and Dan, I think), the lovely inclusion of Olivia Olson (as female voice and choirs) makes this short song a true hidden gem.

Too bad it only be part of an initial test and is not formally recorded in a CD.

[youtube]2pq9gCDyHb0[/youtube]

Greetings,
                        H.

Comment

Among laughter and forgetfulness, these guys do an excellent cover of the song "Evil Love":

[youtube]SnMKufd-Pkw[/youtube]

Greetings,
                          H.

Comment

OMG: I didn't see this coming, at all!

[youtube]9UaOO7hyb4c[/youtube]

Greetings,
                            H.

Comment

Two videos:

1. Self adv but it's fresh and cool because of their natural humor, besides, the final part is funny:

[youtube]LnA-2Sq6byQ[/youtube]

2. Suspicious good:

[youtube]BOBkoOFzLMM[/youtube]

Comment

If this news is true and it becomes reality, it would be great for the series.
                                The only thing I find negative is the long period of time until its release (on July 2013). Anyways, I hope this movie doesn't repeat the misfortunes that LazyTown's film has gone through (which I'm waiting since several years ago).

http://www.firstshowing.net/2011/wri...as-ferb-movie/

Greetings,
                                H.

Comment

Working...
                                X