• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LazyPooky
    ADMINISTRATOR
    Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
    • Oct 2007

MH17 - national day of mourning

You all heard about this tragedy obviously. It's on the news here 24/7 for the last couple of days and it keeps making more sad, angry and all kinds of feelings mixed together. I knew a few people who were on board of that plain, not personally though, but I saw and had spoken with them professionally. It's not really a surprise, a small country who lost about 200 hunderd of its people countrywide, somehow everyone knew someone directly or indirectly. Somehow I keep thinking about how it must be like for them high up in the sky at 10 km falling down. Maybe I shouldn't think about that because it's too depressing. The best thing to do is spending time with your loved ones on a day like this, at least it helps for me.

I wanted to add a picture with flowers or something because most of the videos I don't like, but this video below is rather a good one.
    The dutch minister describes the tragedy perfectly in an emotional but professional way, just like most of us feel.

Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.
  • Glanni's Girl
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    • Jan 2010

Re: MH17 - national day of mourning

Originally posted by LazyPooky
    Maybe I shouldn't think about that because it's too depressing. The best thing to do is spending time with your loved ones on a day like this, at least it helps for me.
    I agree.
    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

• LazyGary
      Caveman
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 16 - Sportaposter
      • Oct 2013

I am angry and I find it hard to contain myself when I want to lash out at the scumbags who did this.
      All the evidence so far points at Putler being behind this, albeit indirectly.
      I also want to ask the Air Malaysia owners what the heck they were thinking flying over a hot conflict zone, but since they did it again a few days later (over Syria) I have concluded that maybe they just have no brains at all.

Comment

• Broxxx1138
        Defender
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 13 - Purple Panther
        • Sep 2013

would it be inappropriate to ask, what it is they are saying , that happen? here in the U.S there are different stories circulating.

Comment

• Buzz
          Der Postmeister
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 33 - New Superhero
          • Jan 2009

I hope these sick drunk bastards will burn in hell
          Gallery

Comment

• Glanni's Girl
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Broxxx1138
            would it be inappropriate to ask, there are different stories circulating.
            Not at all = LINK

Comment

• Glanni's Girl
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              • Jan 2010

Originally posted by Buzz
              I hope these sick drunk bastards will burn in hell
              I thought that too, but then I thought surely them dying is the easy way out, the individuals responsible should be tortured everyday to the brink of dying, then left to recover for the next day, of which their would be more torture. Or throw them out of a plane, see how they like plummeting to their deaths.

Comment

• Broxxx1138
                Defender
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                • Sep 2013

ok so what I understand is that the plane wasnt supposed to be in warzone airspace so somehow somebody purposely diverted them in that airspace, like someone hacked their flight path? I dont think the pilots or the airline are to blame.

Comment

• LazyPooky
                  ADMINISTRATOR
                  • Oct 2007

..here in the U.S there are different stories circulating.
                  I believe that is a problem with the US media, jumping to conclusions and "have all the evidence" based on parts of an intercept russian speaking conversation, vague videoclips and a lot of circulating speculations. But in the end saying: 'oh wait, there is no evidence actually, sorry'.

They have not begun a decent investigation yet so nothing can be said right now. I rather leave the research to the people that are trained to investigate scenarios like this and blame the guilt later.

ok so what I understand is that the plane wasn't supposed to be in warzone airspace so somehow somebody purposely diverted them in that airspace, like someone hacked their flight path?
                  I don't know where you get that info, but that's not true either.
                  Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• Broxxx1138
                    Defender
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    • Sep 2013

yea thats what is being said here, its not my opinion

Comment

• LazyPooky
                      ADMINISTRATOR
                      • Oct 2007

..it's not my opinion
                      I didn't mean to imply that it was.

Comment

• boredjedi
                        Master
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        • Jun 2007

ok so what I understand is that the plane wasnt supposed to be in warzone airspace so somehow somebody purposely diverted them in that airspace, like someone hacked their flight path? I dont think the pilots or the airline are to blame.
                        All the flight paths are discretionary. For example
                        FAA tells US airlines that all flights to Tel Aviv airport prohibited for 24 hours
                        meanwhile http://politicalticker.blogs.cnn.com...otest-faa-ban/.

Most flight paths are designed to be most cost effective as they can be since jet fuel is so expensive. So the bottom line is the heads of the Malaysian airlines did put profits before lives.

But yeah this is a pretty horrible thing that happened
                        http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

• Slown
                          Invisible
                          GETLAZY MEMBER
                          Level 10 - LazyTowner
                          • Jun 2009

Ok, since this has been brought up here, I'll speak up too.
                          I never mentioned that before, but I am Russian. Never lived there, though, only been there a few times. I was born and rised in other former Soviet republic - Lithuania, and now I live in UK, almost four years. And last Thursday...well, I learned, that I did actually have some faith in humanity, particulary in my own breed, my own ethnic nation. And I learned that, because I lost it. Maybe not completely, maybe some shards are still there, but never before was I so ashamed, disturbed, upset and whatever else over some disaster that is not affecting me directly. Never before was I ashamed of who I am, well, maybe just a little, you know.. World changed on 11 of September 2001, they say? Hell no, my world changed last Thursday. And I was so not ready for that. I was sitting in front of the monitor untill 6 or 7 am, yeah, at least my job doesn't start from the morning. Hoping for something, like, it was someones other mistake, or coincidense. No, it was not. They are not freedom fighters, they are not even proper terrorists, if the word "proper" can apply here. One big, steaming, raging pile of manure they are. Alas, russian-speaking pile.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	fkepp.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	302.8 KB
ID:	148668
                          Small report from Dutch embasey in Moscow. Flowers, toys and sighs, that are begging for forgivness.
                          http://martin.livejournal.com/276483.html
                          We are not all like that. I am not like that. And lot's of other simple Russian people are mourning with you all.

Comment

• boredjedi
                            Master
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            • Jun 2007

There's nothing to be ashamed of Slown. Power hungry sociopaths are at work here and have been for some time now.

Overall I've been fairly disgusted with our species for a while now. We put on a fairly poor show for any advanced intergalactic beings that might be observing.
                            http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

• Buzz
                              Der Postmeister
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              Level 33 - New Superhero
                              • Jan 2009

they are using phones and credit cards that they have looted from the victims before...disgusting...what a sick world...even a Taleban wouldn't do that I think

http://www.focus.de/politik/ausland/...d_4012591.html (it's in german sorry)

Originally posted by Slown
                              One big, steaming, raging pile of manure they are. Alas, russian-speaking pile.
                              well said
                              Gallery

Comment

Working...