X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: YouTube Video's ETC

Originally posted by pooky
    it basically asks for every person who requests to make a karaoke track for each song, request if possible
    it basically asks for every person who requests to make a karaoke track, for each song request, if possible.. (it suddely ends here)
    it basically asks for every person who requests, to make a karaoke track, for each song request, if possible

I think the last one will do.. it was just missing three comma's
    Yeah, it's the last one, although I got the same message from the other 2 sentences.
    You have to give her a karaoke track for your song choice (the song you want her to sing), so that her voice will sound better (with music along it).
    Say, did you have problems with what she wrote or with what she was saying?

Comment

Yes, she just wants you to give her the karaoke track for a song if you want her to sing it.

All right, I'll try harder to speak simply. I think I've used up all my big words for the year in final exams anyway.

I'm a hyperpolysyllabicsesquipedalianist---that means I like big words. But if I use one, I'll explain what it means.

Comment

Originally posted by Zokita

I'm a hyper word alianist
        That's better :) ...or should it be analist (as in analise, study/look at stuff)

Comment

Originally posted by LazyTownWW
          Originally posted by pooky
          it basically asks for every person who requests to make a karaoke track for each song, request if possible
          it basically asks for every person who requests to make a karaoke track, for each song request, if possible.. (it suddely ends here)
          it basically asks for every person who requests, to make a karaoke track, for each song request, if possible

I think the last one will do.. it was just missing three comma's
          Yeah, it's the last one, although I got the same message from the other 2 sentences.
          You have to give her a karaoke track for your song choice (the song you want her to sing), so that her voice will sound better (with music along it).
          Say, did you have problems with what she wrote or with what she was saying?
          I don't want to get in to this very deeper, but I can interpret it differently. Maybe because of my own language, don't know. It really confuses me when everything is put together with no comma's. Our gramar is built up with comma's so yeah, it could be me.
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

That's right, but it's spelled 'analyst' and 'to analyze' in my country. America likes the letter z.

Yes, grammar use in English can be very confusing. Even for native speakers. I always confuse it with the semicolon (;).

This site explains the differences with some examples.

Comment

in romanian it makes sence with or without the commas...it just changes the intonation of the sentence...without commas you just say the whole sentence in a line...with them, you pause every time...but it's all the same thing in this case

Le cere tuturor celor care vor s? s? se înscrie s?-i trimit? o melodie karaoke ca s? o ajute s? cânte mai bine.

Le cere, tuturor celor care vor s? s? se înscrie, s?-i trimit? o melodie karaoke, ca s? o ajute s? cânte mai bine.

Comment

You should be ok with me. I frequently over use commas.

Comment

[youtube]IE8AvhSOljg[/youtube]
                  Aww :)
                  Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                  Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

I only overuse commas in my handwritten work, never on forums or anything. I guess it's because most of us Americans tend to type on forums in sort of a dialect rather than proper English.

In other words, we type the way we speak. But at least I don't have an "accent" when I type.
                    For example, a lot of my friends from around here are from the 'hood, so they tend to type the word "alright" as "ard" or "aiight" which is how they pronounce it in real life.
                    Then there are those that speak "proper," like I do. Yes, I tend to use the word "ain't" when I'm at school, as well as "y'all." But it's very difficult not to do so in this area. It's a regional dialect. But when in normal, adult, sophisticated, (and so on) company, I speak more eloquently and properly.
                    I get made fun of at school when I speak proper English, so to fit in a little better, I dumb it down.

I'll try to use more commas and avoid run-on sentences. I'm sorry for the confusion. ;3 It's just, I have never had this issue come up with any of my other friends from non-English-speaking countries. So...I didn't know. =(

Anyway, this is a video thread...we should end this (or move this to a language discussion) and continue to post videos.

Comment

Originally posted by Lily_Kaelar
                      I only overuse commas in my handwritten work, never on forums or anything.
                      I do this in my essays actually. I just can't seem to end a sentence. However, semi-colons are very helpful.

I used to be totally ridiculed for speaking "properly" and sometimes people still laugh at me when I pronounce that very word as "larf" instead of "laff", etc. etc... pretty rude really. As we are constantly told studying English Language, all these different accents, dialects and pronunciations are never wrong, just non-standard.

Yeah woops this isn't a video, it's a continuation of language discussion.

Comment

Ultra-cool pooky mod powers activate?

Comment

[youtube]Mj6QqCH7g0Q[/youtube]

Compromise---video about bad grammar?

Comment

...I would definitely stay for her detention.

Comment

Ultra-cool pooky mod powers activate?
                              Nah, it dissolves naturally

...I would definitely stay for her detention.
                              mmm, that would be fun for sure [img]http://members.******.nl/lazytown/smileys1/smiley-channel.de_zunge027.gif[/img]
                              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Glanni's Girl, you might be interested to know that I've been practicing that song forever. I got the singing JUST RIGHT, but...that time was without piano...so I have to practice with piano to see if it will still sound okay...

Would you like an example of what it sounds like without piano? I'd like your opinion...

Comment

Working...
                                X