No announcement yet.

Control + V

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh lawd... my sister was the last one on the computer...

Hi, my name is kelly
    I suppa mann dat hoe.
    and I love to play sports;
    especially cheerleading on the varsity sqaud.
    i have a new cat named ankleweight.
    I'm single right now, coolbeans.
    i live above the influence
    I'm a pretty awesome//crazyy person to hangout with
    im: im wayyy coolie

><table><tr><td colspan="2" align="center">Three Things</td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top" align="center">Three things that scare me:</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">1:</td><td align="left">semi trucks </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">2:</td><td align="left">death </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">3:</td><td align="left">crazyy people </td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top" align="center">Three people who make me laugh:</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">1:</td><td align="left">sam </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">2:</td><td align="left">alex</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">3:</td><td align="left">hannah </td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top" align="center">Three Things I love:</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">1:</td><td align="left">cheerleading. </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">2:</td><td align="left">jesus =] </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">3:</td><td align="left">DANCING. </td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top" align="center">Three Things I hate:</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">1:</td><td align="left">folding clothes </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">2:</td><td align="left">kelly steele </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">3:</td><td align="left">mushy carrots </td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top" align="center">Three things I don't understand:</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">1:</td><td align="left">bitches </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">2:</td><td align="left">smokers </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">3:</td><td align="left">emo kids </td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top" align="center">Three things on my desk:</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">1:</td><td align="left">diet pepsi </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">2:</td><td align="left">batteries </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">3:</td><td align="left">3 pencils </td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top" align="center">Three things I'm doing right now:</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">1:</td><td align="left">typing </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">2:</td><td align="left">talking (on the phone) </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">3:</td><td align="left">talking (aim) </td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top" align="center">Three things I want to do before I die:</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">1:</td><td align="left">scuba dive </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">2:</td><td align="left">jump out of a plane </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">3:</td><td align="left">bungee jump </td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top" align="center">Three things I can do:</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">1:</td><td align="left">back-tucks </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">2:</td><td align="left">type superr fast. </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">3:</td><td align="left">make people laugh. </td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top" align="center">Three ways to describe my personality:</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">1:</td><td align="left">funn </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">2:</td><td align="left">outgoing </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">3:</td><td align="left">crazyy </td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" valign="top" align="center">Three things I can't do:</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">1:</td><td align="left">fly </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">2:</td><td align="left">sing </td></tr><tr><td valign="top" align="right">3:</td><td align="left">grow over 5 feet </td></tr><tr><td colspan="2" align="center">Take this survey | Find more surveys | MySpace Surveys
    Bzoink - The Original Survey Site</td></tr></table>..

Comment

Originally posted by CJVercetti
      How old is your sister? And can you link us to her myspace?

lol.
      rofl, i knew someone would say something to that effect.

1. she doesn't look like julianna.
      2. i'm pretty sure her myspace is private.
      3. she's so concieted, i srsly wouldn't even bother.

Comment

Siggh88 (3:35:24 AM): now if i posted that in my ctrlv thread

Comment

I've been thinking for a while about what would make a perfect rpg. I decided to write some of my ideas down, so this is what I have so far. Assuming I actaully gain the expertise/capital to make a "real" game, this is what I would make. I use the test games as a sort of framework for the game, because I didn't want to have to come up with a whole new set of skills/attributes.

The concept is hardly complete, and I'll most likely be back to add/edit lots of stuff. If you have any suggestions/comments, email me.

At this point, this is basicly what I want in Elder Scrolls V
          General Gameplay

Preferably, I'd like the gameplay to be much like Morrowind, that is, a first person, real time rpg with dice roll combat (more on this later). The gameplay, should of course, be highly open ended with a standard "go anywhere, do anything" attitude.
          Character Generation

I'm going to depart from the rpg norm and NOT have the player select what they are good at (i.e. major and minor skills) Instead, the player starts out with all thier skills at the Morrowind equivilant of 5. Character generation will consist of selecting your race, which will affect your starting attributes. Daggerfall had a brilliant advantage/weaknesses system that I'd also like to include. This adds quite a bit of uniqueness the the character, and offers unique roleplaying opportunities. Each advantage will have a point value assigned to it, based on its relative power. The weaknesses will have a similar value assigned to it. The player must add disadvantages untill the total point value of disadvantages either equals, or exceeds the total point amount of advantages. This process is completely optional.

I do not believe that your character's proficiencies should be a product of which particular skills you choose, but rather which skills you use.
          Skills/Leveling

Each skill improves with use, as you get more proficient with a skill, the more likely you are to suceed in using the skill. Certain skills may affect related skills slightly (i.e. leveling blunt will increase your proficiency in long blade slightly). Each skill has governing attributes, which will increase as the skills that it governs increase. The game will not have levels in the traditional sense, as they server no real purpose. Your stats (health, mana, fatigue) are determined by your attributes and are updated as the corresponding attributes are increased.
          Magic

I've put a LOT of thought into this one

As opposed to many rpgs, in which you buy magic, in MY rpg, you will learn it. A basic spell for each magic effect can be learned for a small fee from certain npcs, but 90% of spells will be user-created. The user can create spells using whatever effects they happen to have in thier spellbook. Instead of spell success being determined by the particular school(s) it comes from, it is instead determined on a per-spell basis. Each spell has a proficiency rating that improves with use of that particular spell (also slowly increasing the governing school(s)) The skill level of the particular school of magic determines the speed at which the spell proficiency increases, and the likelyhood of a spell backfire should the player get overambitious with thier custom spells.
          Backfires

These could be a lot of fun. If the player creates a spell that is overly ambitios for thier skill level, not only will it be nearly impossible for them to cast that spell, it will also have a chance of backfiring. This could be as simple as damaging the player if a destruction spell backfires, to more devious effects. For instance, if a player with an illusion skill of 15 tries to cast a 100pt, 500 duration chameleon spell, they have a high probability of ending up as a brightly glowing beacon that draws enemies to them, rather than being invisible.
          Enviromental Effects

Another feature I'd like to see is more interaction with the enviroment. This area (in my experience anyway) is really lacking in many rpgs that I've played. Here are a few ideas for how the enviroment should affect magic, I've also added some asthetic considerations:
          Enviromental impacts for fire-type spells:

-Rain reduces the duration of Damage over time spells

-Jumping into a body of water causes any fire effects to be canceled

-Will char grass and other vegetation (I'm not asking for forest fires here, just some blackened grass)
          Enviromental impact for ice-type spells:

-Freezing ground areas will make them slippery, giving the player the ability to knock back an opponent (affects the player too of course)

-Freezes water (use this to traverse bodies of water without getting your feet wet)
          Enviromental impact for shock-type spells:

-The magnitude of the spell is increased when the target is wet

-Firing a small radius lighning spell into a body of water will increase its radius (throughout the body of water, not above or to the side of it)
          Other effects:

-Casting burden on a swimming enemy causes them to sink, possibly drowning them (same for paralysis)

-Summons work better when they are "in thier element" summoning flame artonachs during a rainstorm is NOT a good idea

-Levitate as an offensive spell, use it to lift enemies hundreds of feet into the air, then drop them

One note on shock spells, I'd prefer them to "chain" from enemy to enemy, rather than the "big ball of shock" approach used in previous games.

Certain spells should only be useable if certain conditions are met. For instance, there may be at some point an uber spell that summons lighning from the sky. The caveat is that in addition to using large amounts of mana, it also requires that the weather be stormy.
          Stealth

I've yet to see a game in which stealth is actually used against the player. Sure, in oblivion you'd come across the odd enemy which would turn invisible and run up to you, but I've never been really taken by surprise. Imagine this scenerio.

You enter a dark dungeon. After wading through a few bandits, you come to an empty room. You hear a faint swish behind you, but brush it off as a bat or draft of wind. Just as you enter a doorway at the end of the room, an assasin stabs you in the back, doing massive damage and melts into the shadows again before you can turn around. A tense battle ensues as you attempt to flush out the assasin with spells, or using a torch to illuminate the shadows.

As much as I skills affecting the success of your actions, I do believe that playing the game should not be a series of dice rolls. I want a player that rushes carelessly through an unfamiliar dungeon to occasionaly be taken by surprise, and maybe find more than he bargained for.

As far as the stealth gameplay from the player's perspective, combat should be swift and brutal. I hated how in Oblivion, an assasination usually consisted of waiting until the target was asleep, then stabbing them, then, having them wake up and fight you. Not only did the player have to worry about sneaking up unoticed, he also needed to have the nessecary combat skills to engage the target after he/she had woken up.

With the new stealth gameplay, a new skill needs to be added called "perception". Why should an npc's proficiency at sneaking affect how good it is at detecting you when you are being stealthy? From the player's side, it would amplify sounds made by would-be assasins, and improve how often you detect when a door/container is trapped.
          Archery

Although not a specificly stealth skill in my opinion, I'll put it in here anyways.

Simply put, holding a drawn bow will decrease your fatigue (rapidly). As you fatigue decreases, so does you accuracy (in other words, your curser begins to move around a lot) As you become more proficient with the bow, this bobbing effect decreases, as does the rate of fatigue degen.

Bows will have different attributes than other weapons. They will have a draw wieght, which determines how far your arrows go and how much damage they do (to a lesser extent) and a draw lenght, which determines how long it takes to "charge" the bow. For simplicity's sake, all arrows will work equally well with all bows.

As opposed to Oblivion's exaggerated arrow gravity, I would like realistic arrow physics. It is certainly not beyond the possibilities of current hardware to actually calculate how fast an arrow would actaully travel and drop based upon the bow's qualities and the arrow's weight.
          General Combat

Although Morrowind's combat catches a lot of flaq for being dice roll based, I actually enjoy it quite a bit. The trick is to make it visually exciting. When you miss, have the enemy "dodge" it instead of just a swishing sound.

A few other things I'd like to see is instead of an enemy health bar, the enemy looks or acts differently as thier situation gets more dire. Another thing I'd like to see is you and enemies getting weaker as they are damaged. This will make multiple enemy encounters more viable. I always found it a bit odd that the most effective strategy for engaging multiple enemies is to take them out one by one.
          Enemy Strengths (i.e. level scaling etc.)

My rpg would have no level scaling whatsoever. Instead, enemies of differing strengths will inhabit different areas. There are caves you simply will not be able to enter at level 1 without getting your spotted owl handed to you. I'd also like lesser enemies (specificly npcs) to not attack the player if he appears to be much more powerfull than the npc. I don't want lowly bandits accosting my high level warrior for gold.

Basicly, think along the lines of an mmorpg as far as enemy distributions
          Enviroment

At this point, we can't feasably have a play area the size of Daggerfall while maintaining the designed by hand dungeons and towns, which I believe should remain non-random. What I would like to see is a playable area about 10x the size of Oblivion's. It may sound overly-ambitious, but I really believe it to be quite feasable, especially with the great strides Oblivion made in regards to terrain generation. Just because the dungeon interiors should be hand made, doesn't mean the entrances themselves must be. The way Bethesda seems to handle cell loading seems to lend itself to this. Why not make dungeon placement part of the world generator?

Each region, of course should have its own look and feel, as far as flora and fauna, and of course the weather. I've always felt that the elder scrolls games I've played extensively handled this quite well, maintianing good variaty, while not making the transitions between regions too "jarring"

I'm a firm believer in putting graphics behind gameplay, but I want my game to be damn pretty, and lets face it, pretty games tend to make more money than ugly ones. My main thing is I want the game to look nice. I don't care if it has buzzwords like HDR and Soft Shadows, as long as it looks like.

A special note on HDR, and this is for game developers everywhere, no matter what kind of game you are making. Don't overdo it. We know the game has HDR, you don't need to make everything look like the surface of the sun. This happened a few years ago when someone discovered how to make things shiny. I do understand the mentality behind it (you probably want a person to look at a screenshot and instantly tell its been HDR'd) but take it easy! I shouldn't notice it, but everything should look better, if you'll get my point here.
          Foreseeable technical difficulties, and suggested solutions
          Problem:

I'd really like to see levitation in the game, however ai may be tough to program. In Morrowind, levitation was a sure-fire way to mess up ai, and could be exploited quite easily
          Proposed solution:

Those with levitation spells should try and match the player's hiegth and engage him/her at their level. Enemies with ranged attacks, but without levitation should continue to fire off those attacks. Those with neither should either take cover, or flee
          Problem:

The levitation animation in Morrowind was really ugly, How would one really portray levitation "realisticly"?
          Proposed solution:

Simple, remove the walking animation.
          Problem:

With all the new enviromental effects, ai will be difficult to program
          Proposed solution:

Many of the simpler effects would be quite easy to program behavior for. For instance, the enemy would be less likely to use a fire spell when it is raining etc. However, some of the more exotic effects, such as the slippery ice patch would, admittedly, be a daunting task to take on.

Comment

LazyMacMatt (4:55:41 AM): http://www.getlazy.net/forums/viewtopic ... 0855#20855
            LazyMacMatt (4:55:43 AM): lol
            Siggh88 (4:55:56 AM): WAHHHHHH

Comment

Siggh88 (5:06:03 AM): KHAN AIR
              LazyTown90 (5:06:07 AM): LOLOLOL
              Siggh88 (5:06:08 AM): BEST AIRLINER EVER

Comment

http://steamcommunity.com/groups/getlazy

Comment

[img]http://img413.**********.us/img413/2808/maggi3nf9.jpg[/img]
                  ...I've been making LT graphics today.

Comment

Visa - 13341337728199213

Comment

(LOL, Zafa! *IDENTITY STOLE'D*)

Originally posted by My Ctrl+V
                      91.142.64.200:8767
                      (Needless to say, it didn't work. I'll never have TS at work. Ever. )

Man, I need to start copying some really cool-sounding stuff right before posting in this thread instead of what's actually on my clipboard so I can look cooler.

Comment

Originally posted by ChemKneazle
                        (Needless to say, it didn't work. I'll never have TS at work. Ever. )
                        would you be able to voice chat unnoticed then?

Comment

http://img452.**********.us/img452/3030/imagefs9.jpg

Comment

LOL Finkus

The Jingoistic States of Rikkilandi is a huge, safe nation, renowned for its devotion to social welfare. Its compassionate, intelligent population of 491 million have some civil rights, but not too many, enjoy the freedom to spend their money however they like, to a point, and take part in free and open elections, although not too often.

It is difficult to tell where the omnipresent government stops and the rest of society begins, but it juggles the competing demands of Defence, Social Welfare, and Education. The average income tax rate is 90%, and even higher for the wealthy. Private enterprise is illegal, but for those in the know there is a slick and highly efficient black market in Arms Manufacturing.

Referends are banned by law and the Parliament has absolute control of the legislative process, the nation's first space rocket -- sponsored by Pepsi and shaped like an enormous soda bottle -- is being developed, the number of students attending university has reached a record high, and mobile phone masts are being erected all over the country. Crime -- especially youth-related -- is totally unknown, thanks to the all-pervasive police force and progressive social policies in education and welfare. Rikkilandi's national animal is the eagle, which frolics freely in the nation's many lush forests, and its currency is the Rikkikrona.

Comment

Comment

e

Comment

Working...
                                X