How To Price Things You Are Selling

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How To Price Things You Are Selling

I have recently been thinking how do people price things they are selling? For a long time the question has not crossed my mind until recently. I came across a Season 1 DVD set for the American Version of the TV Show Hi-5 I vaguely remember seeing stuff for it like Commercials on TV but I did not watch it I did however buy the DVD set because I was curious how much it went for mainly because I remember from time to time I heard of people looking for this series and I was curious how much I could sell it for. I decided to look it up to see how much those sets go for and the prices for them at least on Amazon are really high like for example The complete series set goes as high as 300 dollars and the season 1 set goes as high as 53 dollars. I question how does someone determine how much something is worth? I know part of it determines the condition of the item but when it comes to a kid show such as Hi-5 how come it is being sold at such high prices? I understand why LazyTown Merch is being sold at pretty high prices mainly because of the popularity of the memes and other reasons but as for things like Hi-5 why is it so expensive is it really that rare?

Re: How To Price Things You Are Selling

The main driver that determines price when you're looking for LazyTown merch is supply. Low supply, high price. When there's low supply, you can choose however you wish to price it, but in the end the buyer will choose what they want to pay, meaning you may not sell it unless you drop your price. When there is more than one listing competing with yours, though, you will have to try to undercut their price by a little, otherwise you won't sell in this instance, either. I haven't really noticed condition driving the price up by that much for any merch, as long as it's not something super rare.

Comment

Working...
    X