Interview with LazyTown fans: member Shakeitpiggy
Questions by member Frances

1. As a fan how did you first get interested in Lazytown?
I'd seen Lazytown on TV as a child, but didn't pay much attention as I was growing out of kids shows, but I did understand the general premise. I'm from Australia and wikipedia says Lazytown only started airing here in 2008, when I was 12. Then last year the all the word replacement memes came along. More specifically, "We are number one but every one is replaced with a song from Lazytown". On a whim I decided to click on it and loved most of the songs. Then naturally I started watching all the episodes, and enjoyed a lot of them.

2. Bing bang was the obvious hit song from the show What other song do you think should be a hit?
If it was the 60s, The World goes round and round. But in all seriousness, Dancing on the moon could become popular. You could blast it in a nightclub and nobody would have any idea where it came from.

3. This is a twopart question:

A. What is your favorite puppet from the show and why?
Stingy is my favourite. He is the funniest of them all and gets great one liners, my favourite being when he says "She's (Bessie's) got more stuff than me" in the First day of Summer.

B. Who is your favorite puppeteer from Lazytown and why?
Favourite puppeteer, well I'm not too knowledgable on all the puppeteers, so I'll have to go with Stingy's puppeteer, just because it's Stingy.

4. How would you describe the people in the fanbase for Lazytown these days?
This is a hard question for me as I've only been a fan since the recent meme craze. Most fans I imagine are those who grew up watching Lazytown but that doesn't explain it's appeal to adults. Perhaps fans of Lazytown are quite knowledgable about music as this is what the show is known for.

5. What does the concept of “Lazytown” mean to you?
Lazytown is all about being healthy and having fun . and memes.

6. Have you ever met or spoken to any of the cast or crew from Lazytown… if So, can you briefly describe your experience?
N/A. Wish I could answer this one!

7. For those who didn’t get to meet anyone from Lazytown .If you got to meet one of the Lazytown cast members, what kind of souvenir would you like to take home with you?
If any of Pixel's gizmos actually worked in real life, I'd have one of those, otherwise I would love to take home a Stingy puppet.

8. What's your favorite Lazytown instrumental song?
Definitely Man on a Mission. Excellent saxophone work there.

9. What are your favorite seasons?
Favourite season is season 1. I think most would agree. It just had more thought put into it, and of course the most episodes!

10. What are your least favorite seasons?
This is a hard one probably season 4. It was not as memorable as other seasons' episodes.

11. Ok, here’s the ‘Why’ questions .What are your favorite episodes from the seasons and why?
Season 1: I really liked Secret Agent Zero because it was just downright hilarious. It pokes fun at themselves with the puppet jokes, and they purposely tried to make it look like a cheap imitation of James Bond. It's one of those things were it is so bad that it is brilliant. Honourable mention to Dear Diary.

Season 2: Dancing Dreams comes to mind. It was an emotional episode, but only for the characters when the audience knows what is really going on. It was probably the closest episode to a grand finale that we got as well. Honourable mention to Birthday Surprise.

Season 3: By a mile, maybe even 2 kilometres, The first day of Summer. Robbie slowly realising that being lonely is no fun was quite extraordinary to watch. I was also made aware that the scene with the faces of the children on volleyballs was a reference to Castaway. That shows exactly why this show appeals to older people and not just kids. Honourable mention to Who's who?

Season 4: I have to go with Secret Friend Day. Finally an episode focused on Trixie. The part where Stephanie has to take Robbie to go out to sea was pretty funny. Honourable mention to Mystery of the Pyramid.

12. What are your least favorite episodes from the seasons and why?
Season 1: All from the compilation episodes (minus Dear Diary) weren't that good. Apart from that, didn't like Play Day. There wasn't much of a story line.

Season 2: The Energy Book felt more like an advertisement for the energy book product than an episode.

Season 3: Roboticus felt really rushed. Nothing much more to say about that really.

Season 4: Let's go to the moon was an inferior version of Ziggy's Alien.

13. Who is your favorite Stephanie (Shelby, Julianna, Chloe) and why?
As someone who didn't grow up with LazyTown, I still think Julianna had it Chloe covered on the acting and maybe the singing, but as for the songs themselves Chloe got better songs than Julianna.

14. Who is your favorite Robbie Rotten .naw just kidding! .What is your favorite Robbie episode?
The first day of summer of course.

15. What is your favorite Robbie disguise and why?
Either the pirate or the wolf, or any other that doesn't show his face.

16. Which Robbie Rotten invention impresses you the most?
His disguise machine

17. Do you think the real life Stefan Karl is anything like Robbie Rotten or is he the opposite?
Stefan is definitely not a rotten person! He's quite the opposite from what I've seen and heard.

END