Interview with LazyTown fans: member GizmoGuy
Questions by member Frances

1. As a fan how did you first get interested in Lazytown?
Back in 2010, a former colleague of mine was discussing kid shows his young son watched excessively (and that he secretly enjoyed), including Yo Gabba Gabba, Backyardigans and LazyTown. I'd heard of LazyTown before this, but had never watched an episode or knew the basic concept of the show until he explained it to me (in much detail). Soon after, he sent me a Youtube link to the Cooking By The Book L'il Bigger Mix mashup, which I thought was both hilarious and cringeworthy. But, this piqued my interest in finding out more about this weird puppet television show for kids. Luckily, I caught several episodes on Nick Jr and found myself thoroughly enjoying this strange live action cartoon with puppets, especially the energetic nature of the show, the show's production values, the music, and of course, Stefán Karl's performance as Wile E. Coyote aka Robbie Rotten. Then, I started looking for more LT content online and the rest is history, as they say .

2. Bing bang was the obvious hit song from the show What other song do you think should be a hit?
If you are asking which LazyTown songs could be commercially viable today, that's hard to say. As member Stingy has pointed out, some songs could be reworked for contemporary listening with changes to the lyrics, arrangements, genres and he gave some good examples.
Other suggestions: Life Can Be A Surprise, Friends, Friends For Life, All Together.

Some of the remixes by LazyPooky and others get the thumbs up in my energy book. In particular, the reggae dub version of Galaxy by Dub Dragoon is fantastic and can be enjoyed by anywho anywhere.

https://soundcloud.com/dub-dragoon/d...meets-lazytown

3. This is a two part question:

A. What is your favorite puppet from the show and why?
Pixel. I have a slight affinity towards him because his demeanor reminds me of myself in my youth.

B. Who is your favorite puppeteer from Lazytown and why?
Ronald Binion. The puppetmaster behind my favorite LT puppet . 'nuff said.

4. How would you describe the people in the fanbase for Lazytown these days?
A friendly lot for the most part. As with most fandom, there's always the good, the bad, and the ugly "otaku." I'm sure LT fandom is no exception.

5. What does the concept of “Lazytown” mean to you?
The usual suspects: Promoting a healthy lifestyle, fitness, positive thinking, friendship, community spirit and teamwork, etc.

6. Have you ever met or spoken to any of the cast or crew from Lazytown… if So, can you briefly describe your experience?
Nope.

7. For those who didn’t get to meet anyone from Lazytown .If you got to meet one of the Lazytown cast members, what kind of souvenir would you like to take home with you?
Heh. Hey Maggi, can I have this awesome photo of Stephers?

8. What's your favorite Lazytown instrumental song?
I don't have one favorite, per se. Some favorites include Man on a Mission, Twenty Times Time, Teamwork, New Games Everyday, Playing on the Playground, Time to Play, Snow Give Me Snow, No One's Lazy in Lazytown (2007), We Are Number One, just to to name a few.

END