Interview with LazyTown fans: member UnLearnEd
Questions by member Frances

1. As a fan how did you first get interested in Lazytown?
Looking for reruns of Blue's Clues actually. I knew what LazyTown was but thought it was strange. Still do. The show's songs were soothing enough to sit through a perceived juvenile program. Believe it was Teamwork the music video provoking a response; well enough to poke around online. I remember feeling indignant at what I found. That was the motivation.

2. Bing bang was the obvious hit song from the show What other song do you think should be a hit?
Go For It. Because that song is still stuck in my head from the first time I heard it. Particularly the chorus part where it goes "come on and follow me". Suppose a hit would have to be catchy. Though I do not give value to what song is considered a hit. It's up to the individual whatever song they like.

3. This is a two part question:

A What is your favorite puppet from the show and why?
Trixie because it's the only one that looks normal. It is an aesthetically pleasing creation.

B . Who is your favorite puppeteer from Lazytown and why?
Gummi Thor. I never imagine Ziggy even has a puppeteer. So he's obviously doing a good job.

4. How would you describe the people in the fanbase for Lazytown these days?
Young. We're finally starting to see people who watched LazyTown as children join the ranks. It's exciting. They are bringing new perspectives and a level of enthusiasm that I was not expecting.

5. What does the concept of “Lazytown” mean to you?
I associate LazyTown with a specific feeling. When you are swimming on a hot summer day, it is there. Or when you are finishing some worthwhile endeavor. I can only describe it as the intense cognizance of being alive. This is what the LazyTown concept means to me. Living life, playing games, making stuff, taking risks, being loud.

6. Have you ever met or spoken to any of the cast or crew from Lazytown… if So, can you briefly describe your experience?
No. I did receive an online message one time from Mark Valenti, the head writer of LazyTown. He asked me to remove public Facebook images I posted on the fan forums. We didn't find out until later that he was Noah Zachary. Still wouldn't do it, but I would have thanked him for writing my favorite shows.

7. For those who didn’t get to meet anyone from Lazytown .If you got to meet one of the Lazytown cast members, what kind of souvenir would you like to take home with you?
I guess a photograph of Julianna Mauriello and myself would be cool to have. Or maybe just a conversation with her or something that I could keep as a memory.

8. What's your favorite Lazytown instrumental song?
I don't have one. The LazyTown songs are great, only the electronic style of music is just not my taste. So I'm not listening to LazyTown instrumentals, except during a montage or the credits.

9. What are your favorite seasons?
Season 1.

10. What are your least favorite seasons?
Season 3.

11. Ok, here’s the ‘Why’ questions .What are your favorite episodes from the seasons and why?
"Lazy Scouts" has my favorite scene outside when Sportacus and Stephanie talk about friendship. The overall atmosphere on the episode is good. Also, "Hero for a Day" because I relate to Ziggy's futility with trying to fit in.

12. What are your least favorite episodes from the seasons and why?
"Roboticus" is representative of everything I don't like in the show.

13. Who is your favorite Stephanie (Shelby, Julianna, Chloe) and why?
Oh Anna Julia. JRM is the heart of LazyTown and ascends the show to greatness. She's a master of facial expressions and improvisational acting. Can sing and dance too. This question probably isn't fair to the other two girls.

14. Who is your favorite Robbie Rotten .naw just kidding! .What is your favorite Robbie episode?
"Rockin' Robbie"

15. What is your favorite Robbie disguise and why?
Johnny B. Badd. Elvis impersonators are ridiculous to begin with; add Robbie and you got a fun character.

16. Which Robbie Rotten invention impresses you the most?
The invention turning dolls into lifesize realistic robots. Pretty cool.

17. Do you think the real life Stefan Karl is anything like Robbie Rotten or is he the opposite?
Seems like the opposite when it comes to life goals. He supported Magnus's vision of healthy stuff/exercise and doesn't like Robbie thought of as the good guy. However, Stefan retains some of Robbie Rotten's quirky qualities even outside of character.

18. Did you think it was a good idea for Lazytown Entertainment to...

A) replace Julianna

It was the correct decision to recast Stephanie when Juli wanted to move on. The reality of that circumstance was not good.

B) replace the puppets with British voice-overs and why?
Bad idea. It was a waste of time and money to redub perfectly comprehensible english.

19. What are your thoughts and feelings and comments about Magnus Scheving?
Magnus is a visionary and dedicated businessman. I respect his absolute commitment to his cause regarding obesity. While Magnus is responsible for bringing LazyTown to life, it seems like he does not fully understand how the show manifested itself on television. Even so, the world and characters of LazyTown derived from his imagination. So for that we owe him a lot.

20. What are your thoughts and feelings and comments about Stefan Karl?
Stefán is an infinitely talented performer with a genius knack for physical comedy. He has the ability to infuse excitement into scenes that otherwise could have played out boring. Sometimes it feels like what Stefán chooses to do at any time is just as important to the show as the writing. A true star.

21. Another two-parter:

What is your favorite season 3 and 4 episode and why?
"Who's Who?" because I enjoyed it the most.

What is favorite season 3 and 4 song?
Friend For Life

22. Now the favorites questions….What’s your favorite Latibaer song?
Smátt og smátt

23. What’s your favorite Sportacus move?
Flippity, flippity, flippity.

24. What’s your favorite SportsCandy?
Watermelon

25. If you went to Lazytown for a day, where would you go and what would you do?
Play sports with the kids and then chill at Steph's.

26. What’s your favorite Pixel gadget?
Remote control.

27. Which character from Lazytown do you most identify with?
Ziggy

28. Do you think the Latibaer puppets are cute or creepy?….if so… which ones and why?
Creepy. Granted most puppets are generally creepy but these ones are something else. Pixels's hair is disturbing and the tech isn't helping.

29. What do you think makes Stingy so stingy?
Maybe a poor relationship with his parents. Say mom & dad are pulled in a million different directions, so much that they don't have time for their son. So Stingy pulls everything that he can hold onto towards himself.

30. Would you like to see Lazytown as an animated series?....and….if they used different actor voices would you feel comfortable or would you prefer the original actor voices?
Yes, I would like to see an animated series called Go Go LazyTown! Preferably the show would have a new format, using characters from the kids books and plays. I don't care if they recast, but would love to keep on the same Stingy and Mayor. The villains can come wandering in from BigTown. Stefán's only job now is to live.

END