Interview with LazyTown fans: member DRB319
Questions by member Frances

1. As a fan how did you first get interested in Lazytown?
I used to watch LazyTown all the time when I was in kindergarten. That was when Season 1 first came out. In November 2016, I rediscovered LazyTown through Mine Song memes, and I've been in the fandom ever since then.

2. Bing bang was the obvious hit song from the show What other song do you think should be a hit?
Some of my favorite LazyTown songs are The World goes Round, The Mine Song, Gizmo Guy, Wake Up, and We Will Be Friends. I would love to see those songs gain more popularity.

3. This is a two part question:

A What is your favorite puppet from the show and why?
Stingy, because he's neat and tidy, and it's adorable how he always says "it's mine".

B . Who is your favorite puppeteer from Lazytown and why?
Jodi Eichelberger, because he's Stingy's puppeteer.

4. How would you describe the people in the fanbase for Lazytown these days?
Nice people; they will always answer questions for you if you're unsure of something. They're also devoted fans, always working hard with interviews.

5. What does the concept of “Lazytown” mean to you?
LazyTown is a town that was named for its laziness, but ever since Sportacus came to town (with help from Stephanie), the kids have been exercising and eating healthy diets, unlike before. It's a cute show. The puppets, bendy objects, and bright colors give LazyTown a unique and friendly vibe.

6. Have you ever met or spoken to any of the cast or crew from Lazytown… if So, can you briefly describe your experience?
No, I've never met anyone from LazyTown, but it sure would be nice to do so.

7. For those who didn’t get to meet anyone from Lazytown .If you got to meet one of the Lazytown cast members, what kind of souvenir would you like to take home with you?
I would love to take home an autograph from Sportacus, Stephanie, Robbie Rotten, or any of the puppets' signatures from the puppeteers.

8. What's your favorite Lazytown instrumental song?
My favorite LazyTown song without vocals would probably be Take It To The Top.

9. What are your favorite seasons?
I love Seasons 1 and 2 because those are the seasons when Julianna Mauriello played Stephanie, and she's the Stephanie I loved watching in kindergarten. The songs from those seasons (especially Season 1) have a classic feel to them and gave LazyTown a fun, bouncy, and unique style of music.

10. What are your least favorite seasons?
I guess my least favorite seasons would be Seasons 3 and 4 because they had fewer episodes, and Stephanie was replaced. I love Chloe Lang as Stephanie, but Julianna can never be replaced. Also, LazyTown's style of music changed. The songs were good, but LazyTown's original classic bouncy style of music was removed from the show.

11. Ok, here’s the ‘Why’ questions .What are your favorite episodes from the seasons and why?
My favorite Season 1 episode is "Welcome To LazyTown" because it was the first episode and tells the story of how Stephanie met her new friends after moving to LazyTown. My favorite Season 2 episode is "Once Upon A Time" because it features animated versions of several characters with the same art style as seen in some of the Lazytown books. My favorite Season 3 episode is "The Purple Panther" because it's a twopart episode with an intriguing storyline, featuring the song "The World Goes Round". My favorite Season 4 episode is "Mystery Of The Pyramid" because I like the outfits and the song "Go Explore", and it's a meaningful episode because it was the last one released. Bonus: My favorite LazyTown Extra episode is "Smart Art" because it's the episode where Stingy and the Mayor do some coloring.

12. What are your least favorite episodes from the seasons and why?
I don't have any least favorite episodes, but I think Seasons 1 and 2 have a more classic feel to them than Seasons 3 and 4.

13. Who is your favorite Stephanie (Shelby, Julianna, Chloe) and why?
Julianna, because she's the one I grew up knowing and the only one I knew during my childhood.

14. Who is your favorite Robbie Rotten .naw just kidding! .What is your favorite Robbie episode?
Probably "LazyTown's Surprise Santa", because Robbie joins in the Christmas feast and actually wants to stop his own evil scheme.

15. What is your favorite Robbie disguise and why?
The Purple Bush, because of how funny Robbie looks when wearing it, and because of Ziggy's quote: "If a bush comes after you with a fishing pole and an umbrella . RUN!"

16. Which Robbie Rotten invention impresses you the most?
The Littlizer 3000, because of how it can shrink a bird into an egg (which ends up hatching later!).

17. Do you think the real life Stefan Karl is anything like Robbie Rotten or is he the opposite?
I think he's the opposite because he works to prevent childhood bullying, while Robbie Rotten likes to be mean to the kids in LazyTown.

18. Did you think it was a good idea for Lazytown Entertainment to A) replace Julianna and B) replace the puppets with British voiceovers and why?
I don't think it was a good idea to replace Julianna because she was the Stephanie we knew for so long. Chloe was awesome too, but if they had continued the show with Julianna, it would have been more realistic because the kids would have been older in Seasons 3 and 4, but instead, they kept Stephanie around the same age for several years. Also, I don't think it was a good idea to replace the puppets with British voiceovers because I feel like they changed the personalities of the puppets by not having their original voices.

19. What are your thoughts and feelings and comments about Magnus Scheving?
He's a cool guy, and I'm wondering if he's planning on remaking LazyTown.

20. What are your thoughts and feelings and comments about Stefan Karl?
He's also a cool guy, and I hope he's doing well after his cancer surgery.

21. Another two parter:

A .What is your favorite season 3 and 4 episode and why?
Probably "The Purple Panther" because of its storyline and because it was a twopart episode.

B What is your favorite season 3 and 4 song?
"The World Goes Round" because I like the tune, the fact that it's about history, and the fact that it's sung by Stingy.

22. Now the favorites questions….What’s your favorite Latibaer song?
Probably "Nenni Níski", because I like how it's another version of Stingy's Mine Song.

23. What’s your favorite Sportacus move?
My favorite Sportacus move is definitely his signature move, where he raises both arms, puts his arms to one side, and looks like he's doing the dab.

24. What’s your favorite SportsCandy?
I like all fruits and vegetables, but some of my favorites are melon, raspberries, spinach, and tomatoes.

25. If you went to Lazytown for a day where would you go and what would you do?
I would hang out with the LazyTown kids and help them stop Robbie Rotten if need be. I would also want to visit Sportacus' Airship with the LazyTown kids.

26. What’s your favorite Pixel gadget?
Probably the Remote Control, because it can do anything, and it could potentially be used to stop Robbie Rotten, but Pixel probably put it away permanently because it was too dangerous.

27. What do you think makes Stingy so stingy?
My guess is that he has rich parents who will buy him anything he wants, but is an only child who was never really taught to share.

28. Do you think the Latibaer puppets are cute or creepy?….if so… which ones and why?
I think they're all a combination of cute and creepy because they have a cute and goofy style to them, but sometimes they can look creepy especially when they're frowning.

29. Which character from Lazytown do you most identify with?
I think I'm most like Stephanie because I try to be optimistic and I believe that there's always a way to solve a problem. I also have some characteristics of Trixie (because I can be a little shorttempered sometimes), Stingy (because I'm organized and don't like it when dirt gets on things), and Pixel (because I'm shy, I like computer games and video games, and I have Asperger's syndrome, and it's been speculated that Pixel might also have Asperger's syndrome, but it's just a fan theory).

30. Would you like to see Lazytown as an animated series? and….if they used different actor voices would you feel comfortable or would you prefer the original actor voices?
I would love to see LazyTown as an animated series. If they made it as an animated series, I would want the original voice actors because it would make the show feel all the more familiar.

END