No announcement yet.

Julianna Mauriello about LazyTown 2011 - Middlebury Interview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Thread for Videos of Julianna (not as Stephanie)

Originally posted by pooky
    I always thought that the psycho-therapists are the ones who are the most crazy (or become crazy, maybe it's that it) , so we're normal after all
    i agree maybe shes a bit too paranoid of what people on the internet/ fans want to say to her...

i definitely felt very low to hear what she had to say about her 'fans'. this sure paints a very different picture of what she had to say on that bbc interview last year about how comfortable she was on continuing her steph role. ehh u cud see that wasnt the truth in her body language.

ohh dear... its disappointing to know that she thinks we're all weird...
    doesnt really help when you have die hard south american fans with poor english always asking:
    hola, me want your email... please respond to [email protected]
    (im not very good at stereotyping people)

does anyone else think that her message sort of expressed a feeling of wanting to put her acting career on pause to focus on other things because why doesnt she want to get back into her career to make best use of her talent?
    like i imagine there could be many factors for doing this:
    given the crazy american economic situation there might not be many acting positions
    film producers wanting better performers/ singers/dancers?
    or maybe shes just bored of performing and actually wants to do something different cos the way her career is currently going she might not be able to retire on a comfortable pay cheque so psychology might be a better alternate?

what ever she decides to do, i'll always appreciate her lt work and how it definitely motivated me thought out my college years and current uni years. it was also informative to know what she was up to in her teenage years since we are in the same year group, so its easier to relate to her feelings of playing an 8 yr at the age of 15... i know i would feel a bit hindered by that.

Comment

Originally posted by yosy
      hola, me want your email... please respond to [email protected]
      Bahahaha..

Comment

Originally posted by yosy
        i definitely felt very low to hear what she had to say about her 'fans'.
        Her loss ;)
        Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
        Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

People need to realize that Julianna is not Stephanie. Stephanie is an innocent and idealized character which of course she portrayed perfectly thanks to her acting coach and the dancing from the choreographer. A lot of people have trouble distinguishing the actor from the character. The acting and dancing business is also tough and as she has stated that she knows other people that are highly motivated for it and she would have to compete with them and again as she has stated she just doesn't have that drive anymore. Lazytown was a once in a lifetime event and will probably never be repeated again for a very long time.

Julianna will always be remember as this little girl still is to this day
          http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Lazycus
            Harr, us be weird! Chuft - if you are still around - you can come back, now that it is official.
            I'm lost there. I don't understand the chuft reference. He never made any Julianna videos or even tried to contact her in any way shape or form. What's official?

Nor have I for that matter. The poor girl needs her privacy and she deserves to be respected in that manner. Besides there would be no reason for me to do so.
            http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi
              People need to realize that Julianna is not Stephanie.
              What he said ;)

Comment

Originally posted by JRM
                So like seeing the video's on YouTube or getting fan-mail, it's a little bit crazy to think of but I try to ignore that kind of weird videos and the weird letters and then just focus on the fans who the show is made for, the kids, and what it means to them.
                hehe "weird videos", that remember me something....
                Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Lazycus
                  Harr, us be weird! Chuft - if you are still around - you can come back, now that it is official.
                  I'm lost there. I don't understand the chuft reference. He never made any Julianna videos or even tried to contact her in any way shape or form. What's official?
                  *grabs popcorn*
                  Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Nor have I for that matter. The poor girl needs her privacy and she deserves to be respected in that manner. Besides there would be no reason for me to do so.
                    Official, dear Jedi, is the term "weird" to classify a certain phenotype of fans - as used by our pink goddess herself now. If I remember correctly, our friend chuft had some issues with said term.
                    Of course, I too would not think of writing letters to Miss Mauriello. Just like you say. Gott in Himmel, I shot the poor thing at least thrice in my manips, not to mention what I made her do. But some of those shops were used in youtube videos as it is the way of things in internet. Yours and chuft's probably either, no?

Comment

that was a brilliant 6:55 of video i thought. it was nice to hear her perspective uninterupted.
                      i dont think she's claiming anyone here specifically as being a weird fan. she like many other ppl in the entertainment industry
                      has probablly received some very awkward and down right shocking attention. ofcourse the base root of any kids show fan base is going to be well...kids. Some of us here are an exception sure. that doesn't mean she's pointing fingers at anyone who post here exclusively. allthough we are a right weird bunch, i believe most of us to be harmless and if she is even aware of us, she knows that i think.
                      bah sorry to make such a point of it, i really just liked hearing her talk about the experience she had coming to iceland to film
                      the show, and she seems to have a good head on her shoulders about what to do next, whatever that may be. I dont think we have seen or heard the last of her at any rate. She just has a larger than life persona about herself, and it's not easily overlooked. It may sound cheezey but i cant help but feel she is destined for greatness.

Comment

Working...
                      X