Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: NEW 2017 Magnus Interview!!!

Originally posted by PurpleDove View Post
    Fox, there's going to be trouble. For your own good, please stay out of it.
    I am not frightened by you. Stop making a fool out of yourself.
    I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Re: LazyTownPoint

*** INTERVIEW UPDATE ***

A new Magnus photo has been added at the bottom of the LTP 2017 Magnus Interview page! ~~~>

http://www.lazytownpoint.com/MagnusInt17.html

Comment

*** INTERVIEW UPDATE ***

A new Magnus photo has been added at the bottom of the LTP 2017 Magnus Interview page! ~~~>

http://www.lazytownpoint.com/MagnusInt17.html
        pictures still don't work for me on LTP...any chance to upload the pic on here?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ltpfail.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	154.0 KB
ID:	149733
        Gallery

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
          pictures still don't work for me on LTP...any chance to upload the pic on here?
          Hey Buzz, Here ya go :) ~~>

Click image for larger version

Name:	MaggiVSign2017.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	13.3 KB
ID:	149734

Maybe it's a firewall problem?

Comment

Maybe it's a firewall problem?
            Could also be a problem with the god **ful code used on the site.

I notice you're very keen of using <center> tags everywhere and anywhere.
            I can only suggest to you to stop this practice immediately, as they center-tag has been deprecated since HTML5.

The new method of centering your elements, is to use the text-align:center; in css.

What I normally do is this:

Code:
            <head>
              <style
                .center{
                  text-align:center;
                }
              </style>
            </head>

<body>
              <div class="center"> 
                Element you want centered
              </div>
            </body>
            You also have a tendency to use ordinary linebreaks to divide your content.
            While this is not as urgent as the center-tags, it's still extremely bad practice.
            You should, again, use CSS to solve this problem.

margin-top: xx px;
            padding-top: xx px;
            border-top: xx px;

Those are the variable that are available.
            You can use this image as a reference, to see which you should use where.

If my teacher saw your website, he would definitely cry.
            It's wrong in so many ways, that it's legit a wonder how the heck it's functional.
            You have absolutely no concept of proper web development, and this excuse for a website is a downright disgrace to everything to all the aspirering we designers out there.
            You making this website, is no different from a guy saying "I just learnt French" and then proceeding to spew out something along these lines: https://youtu.be/xq8IqZXy1s8?t=13
            You could also compare it to walking behind a spastic, and then faking a limp..

Anyways, seeing as you could definitely use some help, I'm going to offer mine, and hope you'll take the offer.
            If I were you, I would start off by discarding the current website you have, and start out from scratch.
            I do realize that you probably have a ton of sentimental value built up with the current design, but sometimes things gotta become worse before they can get better.

You have some awesome text segments on your site, and I actually do genuinely (believe it or not) enjoy reading the things you've posted on there.
            I also enjoy the "interactive journey" your site brings, where you'll constantly be taken to another page, just by clicking the highlighted links in the texts.

There's a platform (CMS) out there, which would more than perfectly fit your needs for a site like LTP.
            It's called WordPress, and I'm pretty sure you've already heard about it before.

If you want to, I would be more than happy to help you get started with it.
            I'll even offer my support in helping to migrate your current site to a WordPress one.

The good thing about WordPress, is that it also offers themes and plugins, which would not only help LTP in looking prettier and more sharp, but also give some extra features which I know the site could benefit from.
            Let me know what you think, and if you have any questions.

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post

You have absolutely no concept of proper web development, and this excuse for a website is a downright disgrace to everything to all the aspirering we designers out there.
              You making this website, is no different from a guy saying "I just learnt French" and then proceeding to spew out something along these lines: https://youtu.be/xq8IqZXy1s8?t=13
              You could also compare it to walking behind a spastic, and then faking a limp..
              Hi Fox,

I'm going to try and ignore the derogatory remark(s). However, thanks for the tutorial, it was most interesting. Funny how I haven't had any complaints about this sort of thing before in the last ten years. I know the site design is a bit archaic, but I've always liked it that way. It's quaint, because it stands out from all the rest of the sites which use CSS or similar templates.

Thanks again for offering help. I'll let you know if I need something like that :)

Comment

I'm going to try and ignore the derogatory remark(s).
                Sorry about that.
                I don't know why I was so mad this morning.
                Maybe it was because I didn't have my morning fag.. :shame:

Thanks again for offering help. I'll let you know if I need something like that :)
                No worries.
                I can do a raw version of what it could look like, and put it on my server to show you.
                Without any content of course. I know how you feel about that.

Also, fix your signature.
                It was way better before..

Comment

Originally posted by Fox View Post
                  I can do a raw version of what it could look like, and put it on my server to show you.
                  Without any content of course. I know how you feel about that.
                  No thanks. LTP does not need any help.

Stay tuned for more updates!

Comment

*** LTP Update ***

Hi Folks!

And now - Here’s the NEW LTP ‘Spiegelsaal Traum Magnus Gallery’ - The companion for the DST Magnus Interview, featuring some recent and rare photos!!

Direct link: http://www.lazytownpoint.com/gallery...nus/index.html

DST Magnus 2017 Interview Link: http://www.lazytownpoint.com/MagnusInt17.html

Comment

Working...
                    X