X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Numerius Plancus
    GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    • May 2007

Haha, me too. I've always disliked those silly shows.

But really, LazyTown is different, and some characters use complicated concepts/words (for kids) in the dialogue. Robbie for one ("slotheny"), and especially Stingy: "it'll be a fine addition to our festoonery" and "where is that weaver of lies?"

I laugh whenever I hear those things

Comment

• moomoo
      Trixie's ToyBoy
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
      • Apr 2007

Is festoonery even a real word? Same question for triagonal.

Comment

• Sir Finkus
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 19 - Secret Friend
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by moomoo
        Is festoonery even a real word? Same question for triagonal.
        google says the following:

Noun
        S: (n) festoon, festoonery (flower chains suspended in curves between points as a decoration)

Comment

• Ultra Magnus
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 29 - Villain Number One
          • May 2007

Originally posted by Numerius Plancus
          LazyTown is different, and some characters use complicated concepts/words (for kids) in the dialogue. Robbie for one ("slotheny"), and especially Stingy: "it'll be a fine addition to our festoonery" and "where is that weaver of lies?"
          I watched an old ThunderCats episode about a year ago, and was a little more than surprised to hear Panthro say "The surrounding area should be reconnoitered!"

Comment

• Howard the Duck
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 15 - The Baby Troll
            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by CJVercetti
            Well let's see -- this is going to take some calculations and estimating:

Uncompressed HD Video is 1.5Gb per Second. Each episode is 24 minutes, so that means they might shoot about an hour of video. There are 52 episodes according to Wikipedia. 60 * 52 = 3120 minutes of video. There's 60 seconds in a minute (duh), so 60 * 3120 = 187200 seconds of video. Then 1.5 * 187200 = 280800Gb of Video. Or something like that.

If anyone wants to correct my math, go right ahead.
            Yeah but with the codec they're using in Avid, it's only 10MB per frame.
            240MB/sec X 60 (sec/min) = 14400MB X 60 (min/hr) = 864000MB X 52 (episodes/series) = 44928000MB/series
            44928000MB / 1024 (MB/GB) = 43875GB / 1024 (GB/TB) = 42.847 TB

A Western-Digital MyBook 1TB HDD is about $400
            42.847 X 400 ($) = 17,138.67

Seventeen thousand dollars to store an entire series' worth of footage? Or something like that. I'm sure they get a better deal on disk storage, though. IT'S HAMMER TIME

Comment

Working...