No announcement yet.

Why do you like LazyTown? - Because of YTMND

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How did you first get into LazyTown?

Originally posted by Ilovestephshoes
    well i think everyone on getlazy
    know why i got into lazytown
    Stephanie's you know whats
    and dont know one temp me
    to a shoe raid lol
    haha

Comment

Originally posted by ooozmin
      No need to apologize SportaSentai. You are awesome, so you can basically do whatever.
      Haha...thanks! :) UR awesome too.

Comment

lol ooozmin isnt even an admin/mod lol

Comment

I'm reposting this from an old thread (keeping in mind that I'm 38 years old)

" I discovered this show while I was at a really low point of my life. I'd been really sick for over a year, I caught Leigionairre's disease, which resulted in my hip joint having to be removed (long story). I had been in hospital, stuck in bed for ages, with the prospect of many months before I'd be able to walk again. My marriage was on the rocks, I was overweight, and depressed.

Watching Lazytown became the highlight of my day. For half an hour I could forget about the fact that I was stuck in a dreary little hospital room, unable to even sit up let alone walk. I was transported away into a world of brightness and motion. For the first few days, I just watched. Then, I started waving my arms around for the Bing Bang dance. The nurses learnt to leave me alone while Lazytown was on.

I went home for a couple of months, where I learnt to do the Bing Bang dance on one leg. Then back to hospital, armed this time with a portable DVD plaver and 7 Lazytown DVDs.

I'm now back at home, and dancing around the house (albeit with a really bad limp). I'm so much more happy in myself, my marriage is back on track, and I'm getting thinner by the day.

Lazytown makes me happy, even when I'm not watching it doped up to the eyeballs on morphene."

That was a year ago, and I still watch it almost every day. My limp is getting better, and I now eat apples

Comment

A week before the show premiered on Nick Jr. in the US, I got my TV Guide in the mail and saw this one page ad for it (know I put it online somewhere). I said to myself WTF?? Nick's doing a cosplay & puppet show for toddlers?? Tuned in for the hell of it, they played 2 eps in a row back then, I guess Noggin's doing that now. Not willing to pay for the digital service from Cox Cable, $25 more a month for their shitty service, although sometimes in their 'freezone' they supposedly have LazyTown on demand. Anyway laughed my ass off. Just loved it. It was so different (and still is) than anything else on TV. And like ponycat during a rough part in my life, my mom's passing from Ovarian cancer, I could just tune in to forget about things for 24 minutes everyday. The 3rd anniversary of her passing was a couple weeks ago and I pulled out a couple of the DVDs and watched some eps. The show actually premiered on her last birthday with us. :( Memories...

Hey found it. Click it for the full size version:

Comment

Originally posted by Ponycat
              I'm reposting this from an old thread (keeping in mind that I'm 38 years old)

" I discovered this show while I was at a really low point of my life. I'd been really sick for over a year, I caught Leigionairre's disease, which resulted in my hip joint having to be removed (long story). I had been in hospital, stuck in bed for ages, with the prospect of many months before I'd be able to walk again. My marriage was on the rocks, I was overweight, and depressed.

Watching Lazytown became the highlight of my day. For half an hour I could forget about the fact that I was stuck in a dreary little hospital room, unable to even sit up let alone walk. I was transported away into a world of brightness and motion. For the first few days, I just watched. Then, I started waving my arms around for the Bing Bang dance. The nurses learnt to leave me alone while Lazytown was on.

I went home for a couple of months, where I learnt to do the Bing Bang dance on one leg. Then back to hospital, armed this time with a portable DVD plaver and 7 Lazytown DVDs.

I'm now back at home, and dancing around the house (albeit with a really bad limp). I'm so much more happy in myself, my marriage is back on track, and I'm getting thinner by the day.

Lazytown makes me happy, even when I'm not watching it doped up to the eyeballs on morphene."

That was a year ago, and I still watch it almost every day. My limp is getting better, and I now eat apples
              I feel happy for ya man, I really do. Hope you keep getting better and better :)

My story is similar in one aspect. I had been feeling depressed for about a year and a half or so. Lost interest in most of the stuff I used to love doing, studying, drawing, reading books, martial arts. Although I still did them,(at least the studying part, cause I knew doing nothing wont get ya anywhere) it felt dreadful mainly cause I didn't care so I couldn't learn the stuff as much. I was facing quite a burn out (fatigue both Physical and mental). So I became a Pixel of a sorts lol eating junk food, being lazy, playing games most of the time. I just didn't have the energy or a reason to get up and change my ways, it didn't seem worth it, although I wanted to deep inside. But I mean, how can working out be fun again, and where would I get the energy to do it? thats where Lazy Town comes in.

I was browsing around Youtube, checking mostly random stuff that came to mind, when I remembered seeing a glimpse of Lazy Town when I worked at Disney on a big TV, couldn't stop and check it out more cause I was working (would've gotten fired lol) anyways, yea, searched (crazy town lol) forgot it was called Lazy Town but knew it was something town, to see what all the hype was about. So came across (Lazy Town: bing bang time to dance). After watching it I was like; whoa! what is this?! it was so.....different, but it managed to cheer me up with its catchy tune, happy energetic characters (especially Sportacus and Stephanie), over all colorful theme. So I looked at the other LT related videos. They got me hooked! loved the music, positive message they sent across (always a way) lifted my spirits up, (energy) and other Sportscandy related vids solved my lack of energy crisis lol (yea, eating fruits and veggies does help out alot, not only to move but to think thus helps ya study) all of em had a really good message. They reminded me how much fun it was being flexible, and jump around feeling happy.

I started doing exercises again, eating healthy, getting more sleep. I feel much better already lol. So yea
              "Lazytown" crosses demographics. Magnus has said this quite a few times. It appeals to all sorts of age groups for different reasons.
              thanks Magnus Scheving! Long live Lazy Town! IT'S STEPHER TIME

p.s. After trying to figure out what made me get fatigued/depressed/lazy from the start, it all came down to not eating right. Junk food makes ya feel tired/lazy, has no benefits unlike sportscandy. So in other words, I was wasting more energy than I was gaining.

Comment

Although I already said how I got into it, I'll add to what I said. I really got into LazyTown when I went through a few months of terrible depression. I started to not do anything anymore and just sat around in my dorm. It was around that time that I learned about the awesome music of LazyTown on YouTube and I watched the songs countless times to cheer me up. From there, I started to buy all the English CD's. My first one was the New Album and I listened to it all the way through somewhere around 230 times with as much as 280+ listens on a few songs by the end of the year. That doesn't even count the times I had it playing on my PSP XD.

But yeah, thanks to this show, I've been able to cope with two hard times of depression and I've actually started to eat apples on a semi-regular basis.

Comment

Working...
                X