LazyTown S3 CD for Download

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: LazyTown S3 CD for Download

Yeah haven't there been countless blind tests where people either couldn't tell the difference between 192kbps mp3 and FLAC, or could tell the difference but were not able to consitstently say which was better? It's like gamers who insist on gold cables for their mice because copper lags too much. I don't even mind that they throw their own money at vastly overpriced hardware because of a perceived difference in quality, but the snobbery that usually comes with it is kinda off-putting.

Comment

Thanks P :)

I hate those dance breaks so much, but what can you do, I only wanted one song anyway.
      Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
      Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Buzz, Moomoo, you both are right, it's hard to tell the difference between wav and mp3 or flac above a certain kbps with the naked ear. It's only usefull if you work with the music wavesforms in an editing application.

..and computers and internet are faster every time and HD space and filesharing sites are larger and larger, so why stuck with compressed files. That was something of the old days right? WAV is back! ;)

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl View Post
        .. I only wanted one song anyway.
        Only one? Well I rediscovered a few songs that where not so good with vocals, like the birthday song Booggie Woogie. I love the instrumentals.

I really don't like the Sportscandy song, with or without vocals.
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky View Post
          Buzz, Moomoo, you both are right, it's hard to tell the difference between wav and mp3 or flac above a certain kbps with the naked ear. It's only usefull if you work with the music wavesforms in an editing application.
          I can imagine. Working with video you don't want any compression until the final render either.

..and computers and internet are faster every time and HD space and filesharing sites are larger and larger, so why stuck with compressed files.
          I know some people who have a 30GB mp3 collection. Storage space is always getting cheaper but it's still not free :p

Comment

Originally posted by Buzz View Post
            freaks ...I bet you guys can't work out the difference between a mp3 and wav or flac rip if I would force you to recognize them...the human hearing isn't made for stuff like that
            Get proper audio equipment, peasant.

But who gives a shit? I want it for archiving. Have fun re-encoding a lossy format to another lossy format and introducing further quality loss every time you want to optimize it for a different device.

Originally posted by moomoo View Post
            Yeah haven't there been countless blind tests where people either couldn't tell the difference between 192kbps mp3 and FLAC, or could tell the difference but were not able to consitstently say which was better? It's like gamers who insist on gold cables for their mice because copper lags too much. I don't even mind that they throw their own money at vastly overpriced hardware because of a perceived difference in quality, but the snobbery that usually comes with it is kinda off-putting.
            I couldn't care less what kind of audio/visual fidelity the masses are able to discern.

Console games outsell PC versions, the DVD format is alive and well. It is well established that the average human being is grossly incompetent in this area, and you have to force higher quality formats down the unwashed masses' throats.

There's really no excuse not to distribute all audio as lossless in this day and age of sub-$100 4 TB hard drives. I have over 50 terabytes of storage space in my server array; why would I give a **** whether an album takes up 50 MB or 250 MB of space?

I'll continue to enjoy being an elitist, thanks.

Comment

Xizer's a robot.

Comment

Originally posted by Xizer View Post
                Get proper audio equipment, peasant.
                keep enjoying your high tech equipment when it gives you boner...did you ever mess around with vinyl or tape greenhorn?...if so you wouldn't give a shit
                Gallery

Comment

I own Taylor Swift albums on vinyl. They're epic

But yeah, vinyl is for hipsters. Super Audio CD, DVD-Audio, and most recently Blu-ray Audio is the way to go for the true audiophile. Vinyl doesn't sound better than Super Audio CD.

Comment

Fascinating, but where do Gen X'ers fit into this? If someone grew up listening to records surely this does not necessitate a hipster.

Comment

I have records too because there was no other or better option (I prefer a record compared to analog cassette tape recordings), but I wish they were released as CD so once in a while I search the internet with little succes. I believe when you were born in the 80s or later you are not a record generation anymore, and born before the 80s and after the 60s doesn't make you a hipster because that's the disco generation but you were definately a record generation ;)
                      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Hipsters! With your recording formats. I remember the old days as if they were yesterday when minstrels would travel from town to town playing their music live. The ultimate lossless format direct from instrument/vocals to the ear.
                        http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

That's FANTASTIC!!!! Thank you so much!!!!

Comment

I will post this here instead of the download section.
                            Why Mega.co.nz not worked in Opera and Mozila Firefox? How I can download?

Comment

The clever man Mani doesn't let me make clean accapella's. Some fragments of the bass and synth are still there.

LT_Surprise_accapella_mix.mp3
                              I don't think he was thinking about creating troubles for us. some Vst instruments sounds absolutely simmilar, but the can have different sound waves every time when you export your projects into wav or mp3. for example try to export any flp with Nexus into wav, and after it do it again. then invert first wav and mix it with second wav, i'm sure there would be the same "problem". and sorry for my english if something is wrong here, i'm sure it is:)

Comment

Originally posted by LazyPooky
                                You need to convert it yourself in the format you want. These are the uncompressed wav files.
                                Lossless??!?! you're my hero Thank you so much!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X