Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Afram Latibaer and Glanni Glaepur DL Links

Originally posted by nindanjoe
    ...So for anyone interested, I tend to use two programs for subtitling: SubCreator and Aegisub. Encoding is another matter, but I can handle that part. :) Anyway, I use SubCreator to make the initial timing/script, if the script is available. SubCreator makes that easier since you can pretty do everything from the keyboard. After that, I export the script from SubCreator and put it in Aegisub. From there, I tweak the times, change the font, and add other stuff.
    I finally got Aegisub to work well for me. It's actually a simple piece of software and you can make nice subtitles with that. Haven't tried subcreator yet but if you say that it's easier to make a beginning maybe I should try that too.
    The other thing is that I exported the subtitles as .srt or as .ass file, that doesn't really matter. The problem was that I wanted to make a hardcopy in the video and with my regular software I could not do that. So I used Virtual Dub (somehow I had all these files, maybe from you Nin?), added the Aegisub plug-in for subtitles (needed to change the extention too :? ) and had to put that subtitle filter/file (.ass) into the video. I exported the video without compression as .avi (filter could not be used when I used any compression so I had no choice actually). The problem was that the file was VERY large (2GB for 1 min) so I needed to compress that after export..
    Anyway it worked great

We had to go for a new 'subtitle' topic.. but ok
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

But guys don´t worry, one of the questions are about the DVDs in International Market.

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
        .ass file
        teehee

(sorry, I don't have anything to add to this conversation, not having got this program yet myself.)

Comment

Originally posted by pooky
          I finally got Aegisub to work well for me. It's actually a simple piece of software and you can make nice subtitles with that. Haven't tried subcreator yet but if you say that it's easier to make a beginning maybe I should try that too.
          The other thing is that I exported the subtitles as .srt or as .ass file, that doesn't really matter. The problem was that I wanted to make a hardcopy in the video and with my regular software I could not do that. So I used Virtual Dub (somehow I had all these files, maybe from you Nin?), added the Aegisub plug-in for subtitles (needed to change the extention too :? ) and had to put that subtitle filter/file (.ass) into the video. I exported the video without compression as .avi (filter could not be used when I used any compression so I had no choice actually). The problem was that the file was VERY large (2GB for 1 min) so I needed to compress that after export..
          Anyway it worked great

We had to go for a new 'subtitle' topic.. but ok
          Sorry I didn't get here sooner. The recommended method is to use AviSynth. You can have more control, but you might waste time learning a new program. To me, it's well worth it. AviSynth may not be user-friendly at first, but it is an incredibly powerful program. You guessed right about the VirtualDub Direct method with renaming the .dll to .vdf (I think), but that encoding problem was an odd one.

Here's the method I would use, not too good for beginners since it's a lot of information, but it gives me the ability to change things more easily if needed. A quick summary for the method I use is here: http://docs.aegisub.org/manual/Attachin ... h_Avisynth

The method will start off after you have completed the Aegisub file, or the .ass file. You're going to need to know some of the basic for AviSynth. Other than the information from the Aegisub manual, you can find out more about AviSynth basics here: http://avisynth.org/mediawiki/Main_Page ... start_here

You're also going to be using VirtualDubMod, it has its own AviSynth script editor so you can edit the script file immediately. You can find VirtualDubMod here: http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtualdubmod/files/ . Download note: Get this first: VirtualDubMod_1_5_10_2_All_inclusive.zip. The latest one (VirtualDubMod_1_5_10_2_b2542.zip) only has the .exe file and something else which is just an update .exe and .vdi file. If you, or anyone else, plans on using VirtualDubMod, I'll go into further detail about that.

The actual method:

1) Create a text file, but rename the extension to .avs. This is your AviSynth Script file. Inside it should look something like this:
          Code:
          LoadPlugin("C:\Program Files\Aegisub\csri\VSFilter-Aegisub.dll")
          AVISource("c:\projects\project1\video\mycoolvideo.avi")
          TextSub("D:\My Files\subs\mysubtitles.ass")
          Change the file location and file name to show your files.

2) Open the .avs file in VirtualDubMod (VDubMod). Preview the subs and everything. Make sure everything is where you want it to be. At this point you can also resize, crop, smooth, and more stuff using the script editor in VDubMod. To get there, go to the Tools menu at the top, and choose Script editor.... This will require knowledge of AviSynth and the plugins made for it. For example, here's a script I used recently for a Spanish subtitling project:
          Code:
          AviSource("StefanKarl-01_uncom_video.avi",audio=false)
          ConvertToYV12()
          Tweak(Bright=5,Cont=1.1)
          BicubicResize(512,384,0,0.6)
          TextSub("Stefan_Karl_Talk_English_to_Spanish_v2_(3 May 2010).ass")
          MipSmooth(preset="MovieHQ")
          I had VSFilter autoloaded, so that's why you don't see it. That is a lot of information, for now. If you plan on learning about AviSynth, then this stuff will come easy to you eventually. I'm only an amateur at it. :) The whole point of that script example is to show you all the options you can do before encoding. Don't forget to push F5 within the VDubMod script editor to Save and Refresh so you can see the changes. The File menu will show more options.

3) Here's where you encode the video file to have hard subs. Nowadays, I use meGUI which makes things easier for depending on the video file. I'll get into that for anyone who wants more information. For the sake of this example, I'll use VlDubMod to encode. Here's a guide that will show that better: http://wiki.digital-digest.com/index.ph ... s_Encoding . VirtualDub and VirtualDubMod both encode pretty much the same way. The audio is something else, I'll get into that if asked about it. It depends on what method you're comfortable with there.

That should be it. Feel free to ask questions here, or in IRC since I won't be in the GetLazy forum for about a week or two. Or you can go in IRC and point me to a question in the forum since I like to help. :)

Comment

Virtualdub doesn't support MP4 x264 :? , better use meGui

edit: same problem with meGUI..

edit 2: I exported the subs as .srt and converted the file with winavi, in the advanced settings you can choose to add the subs (hardcoded) in the video. I think I use that instead
            Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Glad you found a workaround!

Using the examples in my other post, another method would be to use DirectShowSource() instead of AviSource() since DirectShow will work with and x264 MP4 video file.

Comment

Can someone please re upload these please

Comment

Working...
                X