Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Time to get a new young Stephanie into the show?

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time to get a new (young) Stephanie into the show?

Originally posted by Buzz
    she is still under contract...isn't she?
    She probably have a contract.

Kimberly Pena is acting as 8-year-old Stephanie in some Live-shows:

Not really LazyTown is it?

Comment

I am strongly against this, I'd rather have a 25 year old Julianna play Stephanie than have someone else do it. Most of the magic is in Julianna, not the character.

Comment

Adult plays the child? Do you have an example ? :)

Comment

Originally posted by yhpets
          I am strongly against this, I'd rather have a 25 year old Julianna play Stephanie than have someone else do it. Most of the magic is in Julianna, not the character.
          A young slim cute-looking girl will be great. Julianna grew up - contract or not -, she can't bring Stephanie back. At most, it will look like LazyTown Live. Or said another way; only girls between 11 and 15 can be Stephanie. Anything else will be an disaster to the seasons.

Comment

wooow everythnig I read in this thread shocked me...this is the second time it's happened to me here on GL... :?
            I'm realy dissapointed that sooooo many older guys watch it only for the 8 year old girl in the short dress... :(
            Back on topic, JRM was fantastic as Stephanie from 2003 to 2008, but she's too old, and her only place in the LT world would be in the live shows. Also, she will always remain an icon of LT.So I'm afraid she should get replaced in the posible seasone 2 and movie and whatever else the future holds, no matter if it would be recasting or the addition of a new character or whatever.
            As for Magnus and Stefan, they must NOT be replaced unleas they absolutely can't or don't want to play theyr roles any more...they can keep going for at least 15 years both.

Comment

Originally posted by bungie
              she can't bring Stephanie back.
              Yeah, well, you know, that's just, like, your opinion, man.

If they replace her I'll have to shoop Juliannas face on to all the possible material, what a mess.

Comment

I think also that maybe Juli now can just be on LIVE shows and that, 'cause she grew up really much :( . Sad story, but true.

Comment

wow this thread really blew up! Gratz Bungie, LoL!
                  Now we know most everyone is still here. :)

Comment

Originally posted by yhpets
                    Most of the magic is in Julianna, not the character.
                    Bam. Right there. That exact sentence is I think what divides the people posting on this topic.
                    There are more than one singing and dancing little girls out there (even ones with brown eyes)
                    For all we know, a new girl could be BETTER

Originally posted by bungie
                    It's unusual not to announce such a ting, so I think she is still on contract.
                    I highly doubt that she is under contract now lol. Something tells me that they were on something like a year to year basis type of contract. It's preposterous to think that she would still be in contract when she was 18 and in college to play an 8 year old. LTE legal is way smarter than that lol.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
                      I highly doubt that she is under contract now lol. Something tells me that they were on something like a year to year basis type of contract. It's preposterous to think that she would still be in contract when she was 18 and in college to play an 8 year old. LTE legal is way smarter than that lol.
                      It sounds reasonable after so many years. I was only thinking to european law (directives), where all "company-important" values (contracts, licences) should be noticed in their annual report when it's gone. A financial audit will always review such things, and if Icelandic law requre external auditors they would write it, so LTE's value not become overestimated. It's not only for the shareholdes (Magnus can have all shares), but bankers and partners must have trusted information to take their decisions. I don't know Icelandic law, it was just a bit unusual not to announce. Maybe she has 10-year contract shared-revenue.

Comment

Hmmmm... I think she's more interesting in her college education at the moment...

Comment

As teh Sportagirl says, she's in college. When she finishes college she'll be WAY too old to play an eight year old IMO. I mean, the producers could age the cast a few years... maybe it was wrong for them to make Steph eight, I don't think any ages should have been given for the cast, so Steph could grow naturally.

Comment

Let me give you an example. The Wizard of Oz. Now when I say that who comes to mind? Judy Garland, right? There have been many version of the Wizard of Oz with lots of different people but all are forgotten in most part except for one. When someone mentions the Wizard of OZ, everyone thinks of that movie and Judy. It was a movie that could only have been created in a specific point in time. They've tried to replicate the magic but it can't be done.
                            http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

Originally posted by boredjedi
                              Let me give you an example. The Wizard of Oz. Now when I say that who comes to mind? Judy Garland, right? There have been many version of the Wizard of Oz with lots of different people but all are forgotten in most part except for one. When someone mentions the Wizard of OZ, everyone thinks of that movie and Judy. It was a movie that could only have been created in a specific point in time. They've tried to replicate the magic but it can't be done.

Very true my friend, and it's ecspecially good on mute, synced with Dark Side of the Moon! *giggles*

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Meanswell
                                Very true my friend, and it's ecspecially good on mute, synced with Dark Side of the Moon! *giggles*
                                Lawl!

Comment

Working...
                                X