X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Time to Get a New Stephanie?

Originally posted by Stingy
    letitcast.com/en/castings/2099676288-lazytown/parts

P.S. Read everything. Lots of interesting info there.
    words cannot describe the anticipation...

I hope they pick right... and by that I mean this little girl should be essentially a Julianna clone..

Comment

Originally posted by Berb
      this little girl should be essentially a Julianna clone..
      absolutely...but I doubt it...at least we know for sure now that Bean is not supposed to be the new Stephanie

btw. 2.600 bucks per episode sounds not much compared to what JR got
      Gallery

Comment

$33,800 for spending a few months dancing around in front of a green screen and enjoying a lifetime of being harassed by 4chan?

Sounds like a deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Berb
          this little girl should be essentially a Julianna clone..
          Looks like she's going to be one, with the 'ideal' actress characteristics and all that.

Originally posted by Buzz
          How did you know JRM'S pay rate?

Comment

:(

Comment

inflexible character description

must be 11yo

bolded line

(heart melts with joy)

Comment

Originally posted by SportaKandy
                inflexible character description
                must be 11yo
                bolded line
                (heart melts with joy)
                Oh you.

Not sure if anyone read the presentation synopsis, but there us quite a bit of key info in there which I have bolded.

Originally posted by letitcast.com
                LazyTown is a BAFTA winning, Emmy nominated children's television program that is produced in Iceland with a cast and crew from Iceland, the United Kingdom, and the United States. It was created by Magnús Scheving, a gymnastics champion and CEO of LazyTown Entertainment, who also stars in the show. The show has been highly successful, airing in over 100 countries, in 128 markets, in more than a dozen languages. A total of 52 episodes of LazyTown have been produced to date. 13 new episodes are being produced starting in April 2012, with an additional 13 planned for the following year. The lead role of Stephanie is being re-cast for these new episodes.

The main character of LazyTown is Stephanie, who arrives in town and urges her new friends (Ziggy, Trixie, Stingy, and Pixel) to go outside and be active. Her uncle, the bumbling Mayor Milford Meanswell, enlists the help of Sportacus 10 (Magnús Scheving), a self-described "slightly-above-average hero". It is Sportacus' job to inspire the kids to play outside, and to help solve low-key emergencies that occur from time to time. However, all this does not sit well with Robbie Rotten (Stefán Karl Stefánsson), a lazy man who lives in an underground lair hidden just on the edge of town. Most of the episodes involve Robbie Rotten dressing up in one of his numerous costumes and trying to make Sportacus and Stephanie leave town forever so he can encourage the kids to be lazy again. Many girls around the world want to be the iconic Stephanie. In this new version of LazyTown, Stephanie is a stronger character and is more in the forefront of the show.

Comment

It is Sportacus' job to inspire the kids to play outside
                  I have a bone to pick with that. In the very first episode, Welcome to Lazytown, when Stephanie arrives the town
                  was pretty much overrun with weeds especially around the airmail contraption and all the kids were inside playing
                  video games. Stephanie was the one who inspired the kids to go outside and begin to do something. Until Robbie came
                  along and bribed them all to go back inside. It was stephanie that cleared to weeds off the airmail to call sportacus.

The question is where was sportacus all this time to allow this to happen to the town and the kids?
                  http://eighteenlightyearsago.ytmnd.com/

Comment

An 11 year old with a Mezzo Soprano voice LOL, so Jackie Evancho will be playing Stephanie then.

Also "She is very much a little girl with no hint of adolescence about her" made me laugh out loud.

ooo! I just noticed! "Robbie Rotten (Stefán Karl Stefánsson)" they wouldn't mention his name if he wasn't back on board, surely
                    Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                    Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Originally posted by NaNixon
                      How did you know JRM'S pay rate?
                      it got mentioned here somewhere that she got far more than 100,000 $ (for two seasons though)...but I can't find it anymore

Originally posted by Xizer
                      $33,800 for spending a few months dancing around in front of a green screen and enjoying a lifetime of being harassed by 4chan?

Sounds like a deal.
                      lol...do not forget the naughty GL shoops...given that she's worth to get shooped

Originally posted by boredjedi
                      It is Sportacus' job to inspire the kids to play outside

Stephanie was the one who inspired the kids to go outside and begin to do something....
                      you take the cake ! quite embarrassing that this guys don't know their own script

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
                      Also "She is very much a little girl with no hint of adolescence about her" made me laugh out loud.
                      to put it plainly, they won't neither boobs nor hips ^^
                      Gallery

Comment

to put it plainly, they won't neither boobs nor hips ^^
                        Precisely.

Comment

I'd say that it seems more like Sportacus' job is saving people.

In the first episode, he was sleeping, so I guess he was resting while serving in a different location.

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
                            Robbie Rotten (Stefán Karl Stefánsson)
                            YUS!

Comment

Is there anything out there about the original voice actors for the puppets coming back?

Comment

...given that she's worth to get shooped...
                                How about no?

Comment

Working...
                                X