No announcement yet.

Lazyshoops - Stephanie holding a baseball bat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what the 2009 comment means. I was talking about the Discord LT community, in 2018, and wondering about how it is now.

Stingy mentioned "the discord" which made me wonder. I see a Lazytown discord with 200 members when I google for it, which tells me there is a large population of LT fans who are not active here.

The original GetLazy membership consisted of adults. I can only think offhand of one exception, Edgar, lol.

Click image for larger version

Name:	edgar.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	303.0 KB
ID:	184798

Everyone else was in their late teens, 20's, 30's, or 40's - and that was back then, they are older now. Conversation was adult conversation. Everyone in #stephers was an adult, and tended to the older side.

When I started the Stephers discord server in 2018, I quickly realized the LT/WANO people coming in were virtually all minors.

For reasons I won't get into, hanging out in internet chat rooms with minors is generally a really bad look for adults, especially adult males, even if you can tolerate the middle school/high school level of conversation and drama, which I didn't enjoy. Even if you don't get accused of being some kind of predator, you have to watch everything you say, and you can't discuss mature topics.

So it's not the year, it's the maturity level of the participants. I have no interest in a chat room full of 15 year old youtubers.
    l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Working...
    X