YTMND LazyTrek

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not sure what you're getting at.

No, everything was not on there - ytmnd's like the Star Trek one demand exact sync between the sound and gif files and there was no way to do that. (YTMND used a custom Flash movie creator made for the site to make Flash movies on demand from the sound and image assets.) With HTML 5, I can now do that, so I will add several movie-like ones that I made.

There was also poor quality stuff that was left off. I made a lot of ytmnd's, not all of them were good, when viewed objectively. The same could be said for some of those made by other people.

Stephers.net generally contained all the best stuff the participants made.

There are of course a number of ytmnd's on YTMND right now (since it came back to life) which were Lazytown-related but the authors were not active in #stephers or on GL. There's a ton of forgettable ones but some of them are very good. If YTMND was gone I would say we should put them on here, but since it is back up, that's harder to justify. But a list of links to them might be a good idea, since they are not always easy to find on YTMND if you don't know exactly what you're looking for.
    l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Originally posted by chuft View Post

No, everything was not on there
      Then just because you have access to Stephers doesn't mean you should put EVERYTHING you have.

MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

the authors were not active in #stephers
        speaking of #stephers, we should renew it for times we can't be on the forums.

MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

Comment

Now that I look at it, my saved version of stephers has a lot of stuff that is not in the archive. Maybe I should go ahead and update the whole site while I am at it.
          That would be great.
          I had saved it on a certain point in time, not sure when, but probably before you updated the site.

The audio with the gif really works! That's awesome.

There are of course a number of ytmnd's on YTMND right now (since it came back to life) which were Lazytown-related but the authors were not active in #stephers or on GL. There's a ton of forgettable ones but some of them are very good. If YTMND was gone I would say we should put them on here, but since it is back up, that's harder to justify. But a list of links to them might be a good idea, since they are not always easy to find on YTMND if you don't know exactly what you're looking for.
          Years ago, I saved probably more than a hundred LazyTown related YTMND's in the time that it was easy to do, GIFs and audio files. The YTMND site structure is different now and makes it harder to find the files, especially the audio. I was trying to get a YTMND script running here but failed because it was written for NGINX and not for Apache, the author of the script explained. But now I see there are simple alternatives. It's not really so much work to upload those files on a subdomain, perhaps even on a hidden domain for now, for worse times.
          Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

I saved a bunch of them too, not a hundred by any means, but my favorites like the amazing Tron inspired Goth Steph, the Sweet Escape one, the brown USO one with her in a naval cap brushing her teeth, Lazytown4's ones like What If God Was Stephanie, Stephanie 404, etc.

Yeah would be a good idea to hide them somewhere ready to go for if/when YTMND runs out of money again.

I had not realized YTMND changed the asset availability, that's annoying.

Comment

Just searched the disk for YTMND and it seems to be a pretty old download from September 2007. About 400 LazyTown related YTMNDs and often with not very well made shoop-pictures or GIFs, but all from members of the old GetLazy Forums. At the time the HTML was simple:

<HTML>
              <HEAD><TITLE>YTMND - Always watch your back</TITLE></HEAD>

<BODY background="caad71d8ee81ccfc487b766099a25da4.gif" style="BACKGROUND-POSITION: 50% 50%; BACKGROUND-REPEAT: no-repeat; BACKGROUND-COLOR: #000000">
              <BGSOUND src="84d84ad77ffe40db5ac06a1aaa97841e.mp3 "volume=0 loop=infinite hidden="true" AUTOSTART="true">

</BODY></HTML>
              I saved boredjedi 's creations too at a later time. About 200 YTMNDs.
              Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Trying out a simpler layout for the code which will hopefully let me semi-automate the process of creating replacement htm's for the old ones.

Stephanie La La La

Comment

And this one was made by my new little YTMND maker

Steph Does A Twirl

Comment

As was this one, but I had to edit it in one place to change the background to black from pink.

Quantum Stephanie Demonstrates a P-orbital

Comment

Ok all the existing ones in the chuft section are done.

chuft section of Stephers.net

Had to tweak two because they were tiled and not centered. Might make a separate YTMND maker for tiled ones.

Going to go through my YTMNDs and see which ones I should add now that I can sync sound and gifs. A job for another night.

Comment

Ok all the existing ones in the chuft section are done.

chuft section of Stephers.net
                        Cosmik Leila?...are you there? ...nice chuft...the embedded tubes don't work btw cos flash is disabled in chrome
                        Gallery

Comment

Cosmik Leila? What is that.

The tubes link to videos which no longer exist. I tried the video ID's directly. I don't even know what they were. They might have been ones BoredJedi made out of my "movie" YTMNDs that required sound and video to sync. I actually had a YT account myself at one point, where I might have hosted those he made for me out of some YTMNDs, but I think I hid or deleted the videos years ago. Doesn't matter anyway now that I can make syncing sound and gifs. I am not much of a youtuber and don't like Google owning it. They track too much.

Looking on YouTube for him I only see five videos on his BoredJedi account so maybe his old one (which had a lot of LT videos, like the Dance the Night Away one) was taken down for copyright or something. I tried some of his video ID's and found his LazyBlueHaze account. Like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQUXHjo8ktA

and this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1mSOIiMoG7I

But yes I will be updating the pages to remove dead things like that and adding a TON more content. I will look at his video ID's and for ones which still exist I will make new embed code.

Comment

Cosmik Leila? What is that.
                            just a friendly hint that the stephers page looks like Laila's vintage web design 😈

http://www.lazytownpoint.com/

Looking on YouTube for him I only see five videos on his BoredJedi account so maybe his old one (which had a lot of LT videos, like the Dance the Night Away one) was taken down for copyright or something. I tried some of his video ID's and found his LazyBlueHaze account. Like this one

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wQUXHjo8ktA
                            oh my...that's the video where I begged BJ to give me the transparent Stephanie animations that I shamelessly used for my own video later on
                            Gallery

Comment

Well it is an archive of the past. At this point not just Stephers, but LazyTown itself, not to mention me, are vintage. 😉

Comment

Worked on my YTMND maker some more. After a lot of work: now it will let you specify a htm file name to output, let you pick the image file and audio file, let you choose between pink and black background, and let you choose between tiled and centered for the image. The htm must be in the same directory as the graphic and audio files. First result:

Enterprise Finds LazyTown

Pooky I would be happy to give you my little YTMND maker if you want to use it to make YTMND's out of the image and audio files you have. It will generate the htm files automatically for you.

Note you also need the "spinner.gif" "blank.gif" and "play.png" files from the https://stephers.lazytown.eu/ch/anim/ folder in the same directory as you have your ytmnd files.

Comment

Working...
                                X