PAL/NTSC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• PAL/NTSC

I've heard that every episode of LazyTown is 24 minutes long, but are reduced because of PAL speed. Meaning LTNSH is 48m, and TPP is also 48.
    is it true?
    MY ACTION MOVIE REVIEW BLOG | MY SPORTACUS FAN-SITE

The episodes are recorded at Frame Rate (FR) speed 24, or FR 23.976 to be exact. Season 1 episodes are about 24 minutes and 30 seconds at that FR speed. In Europe, the Middle East countries and China the TV channels use FR 25 (PAL system) so the episodes need to be in that FR too. You can do that by speed up the frames (the good way) or blend frames (the wrong way). Either way, the episodes are about 1 minute shorter, 23:30, because you speed it up.

You can also double some frames so the length of the episodes are the same but at higher FR. I believe the US uses the NTSC system at FR 29.97 and you can't just speed up the frames to that speed, because it would be too unrealistic to watch, so the only way is to add double frames.

I really like the original speed, at FR 24, it's more natural looking. Good thing is that most DVDs have the episodes at that speed. Besides, it's easy to slow down frames of the HD 1080p episodes from FR 25 to FR 24, and add the DVD audio underneath. That way it's perfect.
    Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

Wow! Brainspark!
      I don't get why content has to be botched. Keep it in the OG aspect ratio, the OG FR, uncut, JUST KEEP IT !

Comment

LazyTown on Nick Jr was broadcasted in the end stadium of 4:3 ratio. Widescreen was the standard on TV and DVD a few years later. As for the frame rate, I don't believe it could have been done any other way​. For streaming services, that's something else. They're not stuck on any frame rate, so why not use the original you would think. Still they use the faster FR 25 for some reason. I guess they already dubbed it in that speed for TV and it probably takes too much effort​ to change that.
        Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

That's reasonable. You can't change a channels whole FR due to one show

On Disney+ for some old popular shows, you have the option to make episodes from the 90s-00s 16:9 or 4:3. Still keep it at the same FR.

Comment

>LTNSH is 48m, and TPP

What do these acronyms stand for?
            l i t t l e s t e p h e r s

Comment

Originally posted by chuft View Post
              >LTNSH is 48m, and TPP

What do these acronyms stand for?
              LazyTown's New Superhero (LTNSH) - Episode 26-27
              TPP - The Purple Panther - Episode 58-59

Comment

I'm gonna save my 1100th post for something actually worth reading.

Oops.

https://youtu.be/tlXxHxqZYDU?si=aBHpdM1za7h6qDsm

https://youtu.be/V6jHvyKxb_w?si=KYtkvcLAl4RqJBrb​

Comment

Pixelspix in original frame rate - https://youtu.be/2SxamGZiQS0?si=CV0Reu8b3EYxeqAU

Comment

Working...
                  X