No announcement yet.

A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: A general dislike for season 3 and 4?

Originally posted by UnLearnEd View Post
    I could see why playing Stephanie a few years later doesn't feel quite as... natural? as it first was. She was a young girl in an exciting new environment playing a young girl in an exciting new environment. Obviously she could not stay that way forever. She still did a good job in season 2, but it feels like keeping her as Stephanie for more seasons would have been too much.

The Stephanie played by Chloe obviously feels different from the season 1 character, but it's not out of character either (imo). What I liked from the character initially is still there, she's basically just a sweet girl that likes to dance, sing and play.

Comment

I disagree with Juli that her character was always happy. I can think of situations where she was sad, frusturated, scared and even introverted. Believe it is accurate to say she was consistently an optimist.

Comment

I honestly find many of the season 3 and 4 episodes way more enjoyable than the earlier ones.
        Especially season 4. I can't even decide which of those are my favorites, because they are all so incredibly great.
        I really enjoy Chloe as well and I absolutely can't understand the big negativity towards her. But worst of all; y'all think season 3/4 songs aren't as good?
        Jesus. I seriously think compared to season 3/4 songs, season 1/2 songs are really lame. Like I couldn't listen to a season 1/2 song
        for 2 days without getting sick of it, while season 3/4 songs get me hooked for months without losing their grace. That's a BIG point where they improved in my opinion.

Little things bothering me are the instruction parts in s3 songs, Trixie's puppeteer/voice change and the weird mask Stephanie puts on from time to time. But like, that's really it.

(I grew up with seasons 1 and 2 as well)

Comment

Originally posted by Pixel's Computer View Post
          Most of the episodes in S3 and 4 are still about silly characters in a silly town interacting with each other though.

Sure there are some over-the-top time-travel and moon plots, but there are also plots about them starting up mini-museums or going to medieval festivals, or having a "secret-friend day" or inviting the town over for Ziggy's birthday party.

Sure the big over-the-top ones stand out, but it is still mostly about silly characters in a silly town.
          Of course, my claim isn't universally true. There are some great examples of parts in seasons 3 and 4 that were great. In "The First Day of Summer" for example, it was great to see the creative team explore the dynamic of Robbie Rotten being alone in LazyTown. The episode is very character-centric because of that.

But it isn't necessarily about all of the big plots either, it's more granular things as well. Sportacus can no longer jump down from his airship, he has to jump down and have his little backpack thing morph into a hang glider. Stephanie can no longer help her friends by being level-headed and ethical, she has to put on a mask and become a pseudo-Sportacus. It's not good enough that Sportacus gets tricked by a trap door anymore, now the trap door has to lead to a giant machine that is going to crush him to death. I feel like there was an overemphasis on making things more dramatic, or increasing the "coolness" factor of things, and other aspects of the show suffered because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by UnLearnEd View Post
            I can think of situations where she was sad, frusturated, scared and even introverted.
            Exactly!
            Those emotions made her feel human, and not some kind of robot clone, always running in fifth gear on the happy machine...
            I'm as sneaky as can be. None's sneakier than me.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy View Post
              But it isn't necessarily about all of the big plots either, it's more granular things as well. Sportacus can no longer jump down from his airship, he has to jump down and have his little backpack thing morph into a hang glider. Stephanie can no longer help her friends by being level-headed and ethical, she has to put on a mask and become a pseudo-Sportacus. It's not good enough that Sportacus gets tricked by a trap door anymore, now the trap door has to lead to a giant machine that is going to crush him to death. I feel like there was an overemphasis on making things more dramatic, or increasing the "coolness" factor of things, and other aspects of the show suffered because of it.
              I agree with this completely. The Chloe seasons are too different in that aspect.

Comment

Of course, my claim isn't universally true. There are some great examples of parts in seasons 3 and 4 that were great. In "The First Day of Summer" for example, it was great to see the creative team explore the dynamic of Robbie Rotten being alone in LazyTown. The episode is very character-centric because of that.

Good observations... It's true that they tried to make everything a bit bigger/cooler/more dramatic. It's an escalation that was not really necessary.

Comment

Hmm, didn't quite think of that before. Some of these things I'm okay with, while some are just distracting or pointless. I think it is safe to say these Seasons were hit or miss. As I said my biggest issue would be the re-hashing and not quite enough interesting experiments like First Day of Summer. At least nothing was too bad though.

Comment

I'm just about to finish series 2 (yea, it's taken me a long time) and I'm feeling anxious to go for 3+4 from what I have heard. I want to say I have seen every episode but....I just hope if they aren't good they don't spoil my enjoyment of the show. Having said that I did enjoy the season 4 Ziggy's birthday episode. The song was really catchy has to be one of my faves

Comment

Originally posted by RockinRobbie View Post
                      I'm feeling anxious to go for 3+4 from what I have heard. I want to say I have seen every episode but....I just hope if they aren't good they don't spoil my enjoyment of the show. Having said that I did enjoy the season 4 Ziggy's birthday episode. The song was really catchy has to be one of my faves
                      They're fine and they won't cause you dislike what you already like, so I encourage you to do so. Also, don't forget about LazyTown Extra!

Comment

Of course not Stingy! :icon_lol:

Comment

Originally posted by Aimee View Post
                          I honestly find many of the season 3 and 4 episodes way more enjoyable than the earlier ones.
                          Especially season 4. I can't even decide which of those are my favorites, because they are all so incredibly great.
                          I really enjoy Chloe as well and I absolutely can't understand the big negativity towards her. But worst of all; y'all think season 3/4 songs aren't as good?
                          Jesus. I seriously think compared to season 3/4 songs, season 1/2 songs are really lame. Like I couldn't listen to a season 1/2 song
                          for 2 days without getting sick of it, while season 3/4 songs get me hooked for months without losing their grace. That's a BIG point where they improved in my opinion.

Little things bothering me are the instruction parts in s3 songs, Trixie's puppeteer/voice change and the weird mask Stephanie puts on from time to time. But like, that's really it.

(I grew up with seasons 1 and 2 as well)
                          In terms of overall episode, definitely prefer S1 and S2. There was definitely more thought put into them. Still some enjoyable episodes and moments in 3 and 4 though (first day of summer takes the cake out of all 4 seasons). Song wise though, the best songs are quite evenly spread throughout the entire 4 seasons (My top 3 are The world goes round and round, Man on a Mission and We are number one). I find a lot of season 1 (Stephanie only) songs to be too Euro-pop for me (except I do love Always a way based on lyrics alone, and Galaxy because that one just works for some reason).

Comment

I kind of liked Little Pink Riding Hood, where Robbie stole Sportacus' spare outfit and wore it. It's basically Sportafake 2.0. I don't think I really dislike the series though...

Comment

I agree to a post beforehand. It's the Stephanie recast that really triggered the full Season 3+4 rant. All because she's not Julianna. I'm still telling people in comments sections, grow up. Change needs to happen, Sheldon. And mostly it's for the better. Seasons 3 and Four had some really great songs in there and really underrated episodes too. No one gave it a real chance and decided they didn't like it in advance, which is going REALLY low.

Comment

Originally posted by Princess Stephanie View Post
                                I agree to a post beforehand. It's the Stephanie recast that really triggered the full Season 3+4 rant. All because she's not Julianna. I'm still telling people in comments sections, grow up. Change needs to happen, Sheldon. And mostly it's for the better. Seasons 3 and Four had some really great songs in there and really underrated episodes too. No one gave it a real chance and decided they didn't like it in advance, which is going REALLY low.
                                I agree that there are underrated episodes, good songs, and that people who dismiss it without giving it a chance are not being fair. But there are valid reasons to consider seasons 3 and 4 worse than the others, and it's not as simple as an immature dismissal of "Chloe is not Julianna." It's important to not get too caught up in fanboy/girlism and be blind to flaws.

Comment

Working...
                                X