Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hannah Montana to end (omgomgomg)

Originally posted by LazyTownWW
    Also, she works to get richer and richer and richer...most of us work just for a livving...that's the unfair, elitist part.
    There's the word I was looking for. Unfair. You're damn right it's unfair. But that's just the way life is.
    It's not like they got rich out of being dishonest, they got rich from being lucky. Why would I hate them?

I'd like to see people, especialy Xizer and Stingy, defend the Jonas Bros as much though, otherwhise they'r being biased just like me ;)
    I don't hate the Jonas Brothers because they're rich and famous. I hate them because they are phony ****ers. I like other popstars because they are still real people with real problems. Miley Cyrus gets heat all the time for doing contraversial shit. The Jonas Brothers just sit around in their purity rings.

P.S. I only hate commercial musicians...I respect those musicians that preform for the fans and out of passion, not for money and fame.
    Now here we have a little problem. Can popstars be classified as musicians? Sometimes. But It's a well known fact that most popstars don't write their own songs, and often lip sync. Everybody knows it, and nobody cares. It's still an honest living IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Stingy
      I'd like to see people, especialy Xizer and Stingy, defend the Jonas Bros as much though, otherwhise they'r being biased just like me ;)
      I don't hate the Jonas Brothers because they're rich and famous. I hate them because they are phony ****ers. I like other popstars because they are still real people with real problems. Miley Cyrus gets heat all the time for doing contraversial shit. The Jonas Brothers just sit around in their purity rings.
      The only pop star today that I'm pretty sure is herself most of the time is Celine Dion...other then that, the pop industry is one big pile of fake crap,
      P.S. I only hate commercial musicians...I respect those musicians that preform for the fans and out of passion, not for money and fame.
      Now here we have a little problem. Can popstars be classified as musicians? Sometimes. But It's a well known fact that most popstars don't write their own songs, and often lip sync. Everybody knows it, and nobody cares. It's still an honest living IMO.
      When a band that has been active for 40 years, righting theyr own music and lyrics, and rarely missing out live shows (which are always leggitimate - no playback) isn't nearly as rich as pre-fabricated pop stars that got rich basicly over night...that's a problem.
      Compare The Ramones with Hannah. ;)

Comment

Miley Cyrus does not lip sync and she writes the bulk of the songs on her personal albums.

Why this obsession over "fake" and "manufactured" when it comes to music, anyway? Who gives a shit? Do you not watch movies from "fake" directors, read books by "fake" authors, and not watch any TV at all? Have you ever played an Activision or EA video game?

The point of music is to be enjoyable and entertaining to listen to, not to spend hours sperging out about the lives and details of every artist behind every piece of music you listen to. I don't give a shit if "The Ramones" are more "real" than Miley Cyrus, the fact remains that their music is boring and un-energetic.

I find it humorous the same people complaining about Miley Cyrus are the people raving about LazyTown. Do you think Julianna wrote all the songs for the LazyTown soundtracks and performed them without auto-tune? lmao

The whole "fake" and "real" argument just sounds like a flimsy excuse for insecure males to try and carve out their masculinity by trolling a 17 year old girl. I am secure in my place in the world, so I see no need to troll female musicians.

Comment

When a band that has been active for 40 years, righting theyr own music and lyrics, and rarely missing out live shows (which are always leggitimate - no playback) isn't nearly as rich as pre-fabricated pop stars that got rich basicly over night...that's a problem.
          Compare The Ramones with Hannah. ;)
          That's why they are called pop stars. The pop means popular. The Ramones are far from popular and they have always known it. They didn't come into the music business to become pop stars, Hannah Montana did.

Originally posted by Xizer
          the fact remains that their music is boring and un-energetic.
          Well that's all a matter of opinion

without auto-tune? lmao
          Hehe in all fairness, I'm about 95% sure that there isn't a single use of autotune in any LazyTown song. Maybe, MAYBE there might be some in Galaxy.....maybe.

Comment

Miley Cyrus does not lip sync and she writes the bulk of the songs on her personal albums.

Why this obsession over "fake" and "manufactured" when it comes to music, anyway? Who gives a shit? Do you not watch movies from "fake" directors, read books by "fake" authors, and not watch any TV at all? Have you ever played an Activision or EA video game?

The point of music is to be enjoyable and entertaining to listen to, not to spend hours sperging out about the lives and details of every artist behind every piece of music you listen to. I don't give a shit if "The Ramones" are more "real" than Miley Cyrus, the fact remains that their music is boring and un-energetic.

I find it humorous the same people complaining about Miley Cyrus are the people raving about LazyTown. Do you think Julianna wrote all the songs for the LazyTown soundtracks and performed them without auto-tune? lmao

The whole "fake" and "real" argument just sounds like a flimsy excuse for insecure males to try and carve out their masculinity by trolling a 17 year old girl. I am secure in my place in the world, so I see no need to troll female musicians.
            The point of music is for it to be real, to set a standard. If you actualy think the Ramones suck, your insane, or at the very least very ignorant when it comes to music.
            LazyTown is more then Mani Svavarson's music for me...and I don't hail Julianna like you hail Miley.
            You should know I don't discrimminate, I hate Hannah Montanna as much as the Jonas Bros...so no sexism here, m8

Comment

Hehe in all fairness, I'm about 95% sure that there isn't a single use of autotune in any LazyTown song. Maybe, MAYBE there might be some in Galaxy.....maybe.
              Quoting this for posterity.

Comment

The point of music is for it to be real, to set a standard. If you actualy think the Ramones suck, your insane, or at the very least very ignorant when it comes to music.
                LazyTown is more then Mani Svavarson's music for me...and I don't hail Julianna like you hail Miley.
                You should know I don't discrimminate, I hate Hannah Montanna as much as the Jonas Bros...so no sexism here, m8
                Extended sexism. You hate the Jonas Bros because their primary demographic is young girls.

Don't worry. I hate them too. Just for... other reasons.

Comment

Hahaha I could be wrong. That's why I said 95% and not 100%.
                  Although I never heard any. Have you?

Comment

Your logic is kinda twisted...I hate them because of the same reasones as you and Stingy do + the same reasone I hate Hannah + theyr fags
                    I hate all male and female pop stars...except the few talented ones.

Comment

Hahaha I could be wrong. That's why I said 95% and not 100%.
                      Although I never heard any. Have you?
                      Why do you think they sound so perfect? Julianna is a great singer, but there is no such thing as a perfect singer. Pretty much every non-live song recorded these days has a layer of auto-tune over it to give it that perfect sound.

Every LazyTown song has auto-tune. Duh.

Comment

Xizer, why is it that you love her...or her music so much? I realy don't get it...

Comment

Why do you think they sound so perfect? Julianna is a great singer, but there is no such thing as a perfect singer. Pretty much every non-live song recorded these days has a layer of auto-tune over it to give it that perfect sound.

Every LazyTown song has auto-tune. Duh.
                          Hmmm I don't know.....not that I'm not willing to accept it as fact or anything, because I am, but I just plainly don't think that's the case lol. Really not worth argueing though because I don't think either of us care enough about the subject to do so
                          However, I do think I'll look into it a bit when I have the chance.

Comment

Originally posted by SonicStephanie
                            Originally posted by Rowan
                            I think you're all taking this argument a little personally... there's no need to insult each other over it, if you take that away each of your arguments is pretty good.

It's tough working hard to earn a living when you see popstars seemingly making millions by not working as hard as you do, and whilst I understand that I don't think the professions are particularly comparable. It's just a different thing. You might be quick to say that Miley has no talent, but that's simply a matter of opinion. Since her job and many other people's come under the category of arts, it's incredibly subjective and no one can really make an absolute judgement on whether someone is a good singer or actor. There are things that are generally accepted to be "good"; being able to sing in tune, play a character naturally etc. but there are always going to be people who think differently. LazyTownWW, you might not be jealous of popstars, but there's something you think is unjust there, right? Because you work hard for a living, which I totally understand. But so does Miley Cyrus, it's just that judging her ability is more subjective than judging a more physical skill (i.e. building something).

If these young popstars were simply born into an incredibly rich family and were basically famous for money and getting drunk at parties, it would be an entirely different matter, but Miley, regardless of what you think of her, does have a valuable profession that makes people happy and makes money, despite the many people who think her talentless.
                            wow...what a talk !!!
                            i am behind you XD

Same!
                            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

you liked the argument in that sort of manner?
                              Oh my...

Comment

i love that smiley and LOLed

Nope !
                                You do know who "Quagmire" is, don't you?

Comment

Working...
                                X