• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pyrophilia
    GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    • Jan 2010

Aliens

I'm curious as to how many of you believe in Aliens.

There are billions of stars in our galaxy alone and even more galaxies in our universe. I'm not concluding that there HAS to be life out there, I'm just saying it's extremely likely.

I'm not claiming that they're all green human-like creatures with big round heads and long fingers either. I have no idea what they look like I just believe they're out there.

What do you believe?

PS. This is my first post... hi
  • Buzz
    Der Postmeister
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 33 - New Superhero
    • Jan 2009

Re: Aliens

Originally posted by pyrophilia

There are billions of stars in our galaxy alone and even more galaxies in our universe. I'm not concluding that there HAS to be life out there, I'm just saying it's extremely likely.

I'm not claiming that they're all green human-like creatures with big round heads and long fingers either. I have no idea what they look like I just believe they're out there.

What do you believe?

PS. This is my first post... hi
    hm...actually I do not believe in aliens...although...

Gallery

Comment

• Rowan
      Magic
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 17 - Ghost Stopper
      • Nov 2009

Well, no one knows for sure either way!

Comment

• StingX
        ROTTEN MEMBER
        Level 35 - Rockin' Poster
        • Mar 2009

Sup mate :)

To answer this question bluntly, I do.
        But it's sort of hard for me to acknowledge a belief vs disbelief arguement when it comes to aliens. I dunno....for me it just seems so perfectly logical that I have a hard time understanding why people say they don't "believe" in aliens. For me it's like someone not believing in gravity or air. Yeah I know, it's crazy...

Well that's tough to say. If theory that the universe is infinite is correct, well then there would also be an infinite number of planets, galaxies, and planets with life on them. I have a hard time grasping infinity because of my human genome. So then what if the universe isn't infinite and it stops? Then what? No idea. I have a hard time grasping this as well because of my logic. I am going to have to say that I have an easier time accepting that it's infinite though. Therefore, I AM concluding that there is not only life outside of earth, but that there are infinite amounts of it. There would even be planets with other human beings on it.

It's hard to say really. From what it looks like in evolutionary lines from earth, upright skeletal structures seem to be the best. Now I can't really say for sure that it would be the same, but I can't imagine planets generally being too different from one another just because of the physics of gravity. Basically what I'm saying is that a planet anywhere in the universe it's either going to be a big ball of gas or a big ball of rock. I don't think that it's unlikely that the dominating species of an alien planet would be upright as well. As for everything else, it's impossible to say without knowing their evolutionary patterns...which obviously I don't know.

Of course, this could all be WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY WAY THE **** off. But regardless, there is definately life somewhere else. And I hope we find some (or some finds us) before I die....mostly because I am dying to hear religious comebacks. I know they will come up with SOMETHING, just don't know what.

Hope this all makes sense lol.

Comment

• pyrophilia
          GETLAZY MEMBER
          Level 10 - LazyTowner
          • Jan 2010

Haha that is one awesome picture I am saving that.

I don't think the universe is infinite. Apparently we can tell how big the universe is by looking at the rate at which the space between galaxies is expanding. This could all be bullshit I like to question everyone and everything even the most scientific of scholars. So the universe being infinite is a possibility I guess - I just don't think that it is.

I think we have made contact with aliens in the past but the government is trying to cover it up. Why do you think the US government was so eager to silence the man who hacked into the pentagon in search of evidence of aliens? I'm definitely not the first to say this.

Comment

• Buzz
            Der Postmeister
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            Level 33 - New Superhero
            • Jan 2009

I think we have made contact with aliens in the past but the government is trying to cover it up. Why do you think the US government was so eager to silence the man who hacked into the pentagon in search of evidence of aliens? I'm definitely not the first to say this.
            ...omg...another conspiracy theorist...come one...they could never keep hiding that...there are too many guys in the government which would take the chance to profile themself with this story...
            Gallery

Comment

• StingX
              ROTTEN MEMBER
              • Mar 2009

So the universe being infinite is a possibility I guess - I just don't think that it is.
              Who knows. I just wonder, if the universe isn't infinite, what's beyond? Nothing? Another universe? Dunno.

It's possible. The real question is, if they are hiding something, are they doing the right think? Not sure.

Comment

• PolarFox
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                Level 23 - Pixel's Assistant
                • Sep 2009

Aliens of course exists.
                Why I think so? Coz at least we are aliens! And we exists! And if we exists - why any ANOTHER aliens may not exists?

Win!

PS Why we are aliens? Because we aliens to any - who not are we... Simply logic.

Comment

• pyrophilia
                  GETLAZY MEMBER
                  Level 10 - LazyTowner
                  • Jan 2010

I'm sorry I just don't trust any form of government. Call it paranoia if you want but I'm pretty sure they are hiding something.

I think there are other universes outside our own. Not necessarily 'parallel universes' but just other areas that began in the same or similar way to how our universe did.

Comment

• StingX
                    ROTTEN MEMBER
                    • Mar 2009

I'm sorry I just don't trust any form of government. Call it paranoia if you want but I'm pretty sure they are hiding something.
                    I have a limited amount of trust in any government as well. Not really because they're hiding something, because it's the government. OF COURSE they're hiding something haha. So that's not really paranoia. I just don't trust people with power/stature.

Comment

• LazyPooky
                      ADMINISTRATOR
                      • Oct 2007

..PS. This is my first post... hi
                      Hi there...ehm...hi hehe
                      Magnús: - I have fans of all ages and I don't think it's weird when older people like LazyTown. LazyTown appeals to people for many different reasons: dancing, acrobatics, etc.

Comment

• pyrophilia
                        GETLAZY MEMBER
                        Level 10 - LazyTowner
                        • Jan 2010

Originally posted by pooky
                        ..PS. This is my first post... hi
                        Hi there...ehm...hi hehe
                        Hi , again lol.

Originally posted by Stingy
                        I just don't trust people with power/stature.
                        I'm sure most people who had the power to manipulate people somehow and get away with it would use it. It's in our human nature.

Comment

• StingX
                          ROTTEN MEMBER
                          • Mar 2009

I'm sure most people who had the power to manipulate people somehow and get away with it would use it. It's in our human nature.
                          Agreed :)
                          The other reason as to why I don't trust politicians is because it's all sort of turned into a business. Politicians make way way too much money. Just as people lie on job applications to get a job, politicians lie in campaigns.

Comment

• StingX
                            ROTTEN MEMBER
                            • Mar 2009

JUST found this news article. http://coloradocommunitynewspapers.com/ ... fos_en.txt

Originally posted by MUFON spokesman Alejandro Rojas
                            Colorado does seem to have a higher rate than other states. We’re not 100 percent sure why.
                            High altitude = thinner air = you can see farther. As well as high altitude = closer to space

Originally posted by Kalkman
                            It really puts things in perspective. I was raised in a Christian family. I don’t know that I believe the same things my parents do. It’s definitely changed some fundamental beliefs.
                            Well maybe alien invasions aren't so bad after all.

Comment

• Glanni's Girl
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              • Jan 2010

I just don't trust any form of government.
                              Same here. Have you read / seen V For Vendetta? Each day it gets closer to reality.

Also, Welcome! Make yourself at home.
                              Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
                              Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

Working...