Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Best years and worse years on your life.

Originally posted by LazyTownWW
    World ends 2012
    Oh really? :/

Comment

Originally posted by SonicStephanie
      Originally posted by Locard
      World ends 2012
      Oh really? :/
      didntcha watch 2012 the movie ?
      No.

Comment

Originally posted by Glanni's Girl
        No one should ever be bullied.
        So I have been thinking about this statement all day.
        Haven't really come up with a real conclusion, but will post my thoughts.
        I started out with that statement and thought, what would the world be like if nobody ever got bullied? Is it a necessary evil in the social development of children that helps with dealing with rejection, humiliation etc? Maybe it is.
        Then I thought about, ok if being bullied is necessary, does anybody actually deserve it? Under most circumstances I would say no. It is WRONG to bully someone about something they haven't a choice in. Now, it isn't necessarily correct to bully someone about the choices they make, however that's the correct circumstance to ridicule someone. But bullying someone about anything regardless of what it is is bad. Maybe the key lies within a balance of power. The bullies cannot always win, and the bullied cannot always lose. The bullied need to at some point either stand up, or learn to completely disregard it, and at some point the bullies need to either be taught a lesson, or grow up.

Now about standing up. An example of the bullied kids standing up can be seen in school massacres. The majority of the time that's what it's about. Kids that have been bullied making one hell of a backlash. Honestly, I don't think this type of thing is avoidable. I do believe that situationally it is avoidable, and sometimes can be stopped. But school massacres as a happening will never be stopped. As unfortunate as it is, I believe that people are born killers. Some people can get away with it their entire life and not end up killing anyone, but some people when pushed hard enough will. Sooo unless they can find the "killer gene" and then remove it when seen, this won't stop I think.

Maybe the fault is in the unrelentless bully that continues for years past the social developmental stage of childhood. If people were bullied up to a certain point maybe everything would be ok. I mean you don't see any children killing other children over being bullied. Maybe a fight, but I have never heard of a child killing another child because of being bullied. Only adults. Perhaps if bullying rules got more and more intense at schools as years go up.

Just thinking aloud.

Comment

Originally posted by Zokita
          My life was great until third grade, 1998, when I transferred to a new elementary school and everyone called me a retard. The next three years were okay, but the teasing bothered me.

It got worse in middle school 2001---I was eleven years old and constantly bullied with no friends whatsoever. They were all giving me nasty looks in the locker room, pushing me into walls, and spreading rumors about me. I came home crying every day. I know, I know, I'm such a wimp.

Ever since I went to high school in 2004 it's gotten better, but 2005-2006 winter I suffered an almost suicidal depression and my grades tanked. Then I went to college, and it's all been pretty good.
          Wow, it's amazing how similar we are, Zoki...

1993-1999 were the best years of my life, because I lived in California, my family was always there, and I had so many friends. The whole "absent father" thing didn't bother me because I grew up with my mom's boyfriend, whom I called "dad" against mom's wishes (at first--then he reassured her that it was okay and he cried happy tears). I was definitely his little girl. We went to so many fun places together, which drove us into a financial hole...and we lived with my nonworking grandparents...so we had to move, and my grandparents moved to a mobile retirement village.

We left them behind and moved here to Baltimore, Maryland in 2000. I was in second grade. All of the kids at my school hated me. They bullied me all the time--both with words and fists. They called me fat (I was skinny, but not malnourished-looking like 75% of them were). They said I was stupid and all kinds of things. They got me into trouble all the time and few of the teachers believed me, and those who did either ignored it or couldn't help me. The principal herself couldn't do anything, and thought I was partially to blame (needless to say, I wasn't). For a while I ignored it, then that didn't work, so I started telling the teachers. They didn't help, so I turned to aggression. I had quite a temper and would get into fights all the time, both with words and fists. I beat up one of the kids who tried to make me slip on the ice one winter. He never tried again. I still had no friends, though...except one girl, Taylor, who was my friend outside of school (she pretended not to know me in school).
          My only true friends were in books. I had struggled with reading until the summer after first grade, when I read a Harry Potter book. I taught myself how to read, and from then on I read all kinds of cool books. I lost myself and took refuge in their pages whenever I felt lonely, upset or discouraged. That's what kept me going.
          I would go home bruised and beaten and come back to school even worse, because they guy we had all moved in with was abusive.

In 2001, we moved out. A few months later, his wife kicked him out, and he moved in with us. He sprained my hand, and my parents didn't believe me. My brother was born that same year, in May. And then 9/11 happened a few months later. That was one of the worst years of my life.

2002-2004 were pretty much the same, perhaps worse. I was still bullied, but the abusive guy had moved out. My temper got worse and worse. I won an art award signed by the governor, and my art was in his mansion for a while. I also won a poetry contest and got my poem published in a book. But then, on 5th grade graduation day, everyone was nice to me. Except the librarian, who refused to serve me cake. D:

2004-2007 was middle school. 6th grade was stupid. I got into so many stupid fights with my friends, and everyone else thought I was weird. Bonus? Made some friends that I still have today.
          7th grade was amazing! One of our friends transferred and another was put into a different class, so Courtney and I bonded and had the best year ever. We ate cookie dough outside of the bank next to Starbucks, which was next to our school as well. Minus? I didn't do so well in school. Also, I became a pesco-pollo vegetarian. And I went through a suicidal phase, during which I began to write poetry.
          8th grade, I was demoted to a "less challenging" class. Most people were terrible to me, even those who later copied off of my Science tests. I did okay in other classes, but failed Algebra miserably. My depression worsened, and I entered a downward spiral. That year was the year I did the Day of Silence thing and got accused of being a potential school shooter. Long story. Major plus? I joined the LazyTown fandom!

I got into my all-girls school and entered the 9th grade in the fall of 2007. I failed most classes that year--I was deeply depressed and had given up on myself. My teachers saw that and encouraged me to go on. They didn't want to see me fall. I jumped from relationship to relationship, but nothing helped. So eventually I picked myself back up and tried to press on.
          10th grade was a little better. I did a little better in classes, but still failed Geometry. I joined the GSA and Cooking Club. I made more friends. I felt a little better. Then in April, my grandmother died and we flew all the way to California for the first time in several years for the funeral. We paid our respects and had a blast the rest of the week that we were there We met my over-the-phone boyfriend, went to San Francisco, went to the boardwalk, and so on. It was a good experience for me. Later that year, I was back to being depressed. My English teacher gave me a big hug and I cried in his arms but I felt better because I'd been crushing on him for a while.
          This year, I've been tougher. I've been more empty than depressed, and it's a perpetual thing, as my counselor described it. Once I find the source and try to heal it, she says, I will get rid of it. But it's very difficult. Still, I press on and keep myself busy. I am the president of the environmental club, and I plan to help start another club next year if possible. I have excellent grades (except for math), most teachers like me, and I am always trying to better my writing skills.

Things are starting to look up. I hope this year will turn out well. I want things to get much better.

/end rant.

Comment

when I found out about 9/11, I celebrated
            That's sick.
            the average American is an arrogant, nationalist, ignorant ****
            Anyone can be arrogant, nationalistic and ignorant, nationality is irrelevant.
            Originally posted by Stingy
            No one should ever be bullied.
            So I have been thinking about this statement all day.
            And here's me thinking I never make much of an impact, lol.
            Getur einhver annar verið Glanni ? það bara passar ekki
            Stefan Karl Stefansson, það er enginn eins og þú!

Comment

I have never heard of a child killing another child because of being bullied.
              What about Nevada-tan?

Comment

Originally posted by Lazycus
                I have never heard of a child killing another child because of being bullied.
                What about Nevada-tan?
                I have only heard of one case where a child kills another child becuase of being bullied.
                (But reading the story it may not be that simple)

Comment

I hope everyone has a better time in the coming days. I thought you all needed that.

Now that that's done, well...I thought about it too. My dad likes to yell at me about every bad thing that happens to him as if I caused it all. Then when he's done screaming and brandishing things, he tells me "there, that's your daily character-building exercise. If you can cope with a person like me giving you undeserved verbal tirades, you'll be well-equipped for the real world."

Then my mom comes home and says "there are better ways to learn to deal with unpleasant people, your dad shouldn't intentionally be subjecting you to that. That's called accepting abuse."

I don't know who to believe.

Comment

you know I hope some members here didnt just turn to Lazytown to cope with getting bullied / depression

Comment

Believe your Mom Zoki

Comment

It wasn't just an escape for me. I've always talked to people in the real world---believe it or not there's a group who won't bully no matter what.

It was more of an inspiration to try again.

Comment

I've just noticed, this thread should say "OF your life" not "ON your life"

Comment

and perhaps

the best and worst years of you life

Comment

That's right:
                              Best years and worst years of your life. Otherwise you would be meaning ''More bad'' instead of ''Most bad''.

Comment

when I found out about 9/11, I celebrated
                                That's sick.
                                the average American is an arrogant, nationalist, ignorant ****
                                Anyone can be arrogant, nationalistic and ignorant, nationality is irrelevant.
                                I'm sorry you think I was sick , but I was just 11.
                                And no, nationality is relevant in how an individial behaves.
                                Originally posted by deep4t
                                you know I hope some members here didnt just turn to Lazytown to cope with getting bullied / depression
                                Mee too.
                                @Zoki - listen to your mom and get back at your dad ;)

Comment

Working...
                                X