• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Loreanie
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 13 - Purple Panther
    • Apr 2007

Originally posted by CJVercetti
    I dropped my PSP in the snow, and now the screen won't turn on :(. Lol.

Snap, I gotta call Sony.
    I know, that's why I don't wanna get a psp. It looks like it'll break if you blow on it xD

Sorry about your loss. <3

Comment

• Jirojin
      GETLAZY MEMBER
      Level 10 - LazyTowner
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by CJVercetti
      Lol thanks. But hopefully Sony can fix it for like $50 or something. i wanna play MGSO :(
      Great game. whenever you get your PSP fixed we should play online and trade soldiers man.

Comment

• Victoria
        Owner of GetLazy
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 28 - Friend For Life
        • Apr 2007

The iPod is overrated. It doesn't play that many file formats. And anyone who pays for Apple's DRMed, lossy music from iTunes isn't very bright.

I find the Zune to be better. It's got more features, a larger screen, and the menus are better. The iPod's menus are too...plain.

My favourite would have to be the PSP, however. Mainly because it can do tons of shit. The PSP's native resolution is 480x272, so it's pretty good for movies. It can play mp3s, you can view photos, it's got a web browser...not to mention the fact that it's a 3D handheld game system with advanced graphics. Thanks to homebrew, it's also literally a handheld PlayStation 1, Super Nintendo, NES, Atari 2600, Genesis, TurboGrafx-16, and more. There's even a homebrew application out there that can give it the full functionality of a TI-92 calculator, and you can look at PDF files...all for $170 thanks to the recent price drop.

Miss Game Boy games? The PSP's Game Boy, Game Boy Color, and Game Boy Advance emulators work pretty well too...

Comment

• DSK
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 15 - The Baby Troll
          • Apr 2007

I have a black 30gb video iPod (with 10gb free) and I love it It's mah lil buddy. It's dressed up in this cute lime green rubber case with a protective screen and d'aww... XD;;; *dork*

I don't even use it for video though. My eyes are dying as it is DX I sometimes put movie trailers on there... Just to be like oooh ahhh...the pretty graphics. Aaand I play some of the games, battery allowing. Yay Zuma!

Comment

• EdisLeado
            Founder of GetLazy
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            • Apr 2007

I'd like some kind of player that could play videos -- Who wouldn't want LazyTown-on-the-go? Anyways, I'm managing just fine with my 128MB MP3 player so far :)
            sigpic

Comment

• Loreanie
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              Level 13 - Purple Panther
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by DSK
              I have a black 30gb video iPod (with 10gb free) and I love it It's mah lil buddy. It's dressed up in this cute lime green rubber case with a protective screen and d'aww... XD;;; *dork*
              yay, same as me! Only mine is a black and red cool looking case with the screen protector ^.^

Haha I have tons of video on mine. I won't watch it at home, so if I'm ever on a trip, I'll be more than prepared xDDDD

Comment

• Edgar
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
                • Apr 2007

I Dont Have Any

I Only Have A lot of Julianna Stuff in My Computer

Comment

• Pipari
                  GETLAZY MEMBER
                  Level 7 - Lazy Poster
                  • Apr 2007

I have an 2 gig white ipod

Comment

• CarbonXe
                    GETLAZY MEMBER
                    Level 11 - The Blue Knight
                    • Apr 2007

When comparing the PSP to the iPod, it all comes down to how big of a thing do you want to carry around. I agree that the PSP is easier to use (via memory stick and since iTunes blows now), but the size is just so impractical. I used to use mine for music, but having to pay $250 + $80 to have something the size of a log that can barely hold 3 cd's, just isn't worth it. Then I got my 80gb iPod for the same price as the PSP w/4gb. When it comes down to music, movies, and games, i'd pick iPod for all 3. Music is obvious...Movies, i'd rather have a collection of 20 dvd's than have to delete and add every movie I wanted to watch, and games...honestly...who uses the PSP for games? The only thing I use mine for is homebrew.

Comment

• Victoria
                      Owner of GetLazy
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      Level 28 - Friend For Life
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by CarbonXe
                      When comparing the PSP to the iPod, it all comes down to how big of a thing do you want to carry around. I agree that the PSP is easier to use (via memory stick and since iTunes blows now), but the size is just so impractical. I used to use mine for music, but having to pay $250 + $80 to have something the size of a log that can barely hold 3 cd's, just isn't worth it. Then I got my 80gb iPod for the same price as the PSP w/4gb. When it comes down to music, movies, and games, i'd pick iPod for all 3. Music is obvious...Movies, i'd rather have a collection of 20 dvd's than have to delete and add every movie I wanted to watch, and games...honestly...who uses the PSP for games? The only thing I use mine for is homebrew.
                      Three CDs now? What?

I've got about 30 CDs worth of music sitting on my PSP right now, all ripped at 192 Kbps. That is in addition to around 80 SNES games, 200 Genesis games, the entire NES and Atari 2600 libraries, two PS1 games, two PSP games, and about 15 other pieces of homebrew.

The PSP is now $170, and 4 GB memory sticks now retail for around $60 and are decreasing in price. That's $230 - nowhere near the $330 you exaggerate.

As for movies, I fail to see how someone could possibly prefer to watch them on the iPod's square, small, 2.5" 320x240 screen, over the PSP's large, 480x272 4.3" wide screen. Encoded right, an entire movie will take up about 400 MB at the PSP's full 480x272 resolution.

When it comes to games, you'd pick the iPod over the PSP? That just made me lol, you're clearly full of it if you mean that. The best the iPod can handle is barely an NES emulator.

The size would be the only advantage, but the PSP's not that huge. If you don't wear pants with tiny pockets, it should be fine.

Comment

• Jirojin
                        GETLAZY MEMBER
                        Level 10 - LazyTowner
                        • Apr 2007

Xizer is absolutely correct. I mean, how can we watch LazyTown in all its greatness on an iPod screen? Haha, it doesn't cut it.

Comment

• moomoo
                          Trixie's ToyBoy
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
                          • Apr 2007

Actually, watching Lazytown in all it's greatness would probably require an IMAX theater.

Comment

• Fredrick2003
                            GETLAZY MEMBER
                            Level 8 - Treehouse Builder
                            • May 2007

I have a 512MB MP3 player, which works alright, but the small amount of space isn't cutting it... And the volume button fell off... And for some reason it will not allow me to remove songs... So I am in the market for a new MP3 player.

I prefer MP3 players for the reasons already mentioned, like how they are so easy to use. You just plug them into your USB port and transfer your music. You don't need special software or any of that.

I would also really like to pick up a PSP at some point, but until then I have Pokemon Diamond for my DS to keep me busy. If you have played Pokemon games in the past and you enjoyed them, you NEED this game. I might be a little to old for Pokemon but >_>... Whatever.

Comment

• shiying
                              Level 2 - Rotten Poster
                              • Apr 2007

Ipod!
                              30 G, video
                              t'is sratched and slightly dented at the back, but *shrugs*
                              however, i would like a new case for it..
                              my gummy squishy rubbery thing picks up lint and dust everywhere it goes,
                              and since it goes where I go, it picks quite a bit of... stuff...
                              but, I am quite a cheap kid, and i dont feel like paying.. say.. $50 for a case, so..
                              any suggestions?

Comment

• EdisLeado
                                Founder of GetLazy
                                SPECIAL MEMBER
                                • Apr 2007

make a super-special awesome duct-tape case, of course
                                sigpic

Comment

Working...