X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • LoveTHYconan
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 13 - Purple Panther
    • Apr 2007

i'm totally not on this imus guy's side... i only saw one second of him before when i was flipping through channels, and all i thought was that his hat looked srsly stupid.

but i don't even know how this became a controversy... because who in the hell listens to that guy in the first place? it must've been a slow news day. (unfortunately that's been fixed... for lack of a better term.)

annnd i hate to say it... but if you read that conversation, the other guy did instigate it... he even used the term jiggaboo (why not throw the n-word in while he's at it?) was that guy fired??? i didn't even know there was another guy... how come the media didn't mention that?

imus was a douche for following along though. why should he have a job as a radio personality if he can't even think for himself? also, anyone else think it's funny that the other guy is named mcguirk? (like coach mcguirk on home movies?)

but yeah, the problem here is REAL racism, and that's what really needs to be dealt with. and until the world finally stops THAT, people are gonna go all nutzo over stupid shit. nazis and white fascists can hide behind the first amendment... but a guy who says something you hear in music videos all the time get's fired? our standards and practices are topsy turvy. and that's lamesauce if i've ever seen it.

the world's gotta make a change... and that's my cookie of knowledge for the day.
    well spent here on the lazytown boards... lolololol.

Comment

• Loreanie
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by LoveTHYconan
      i'm totally not on this imus guy's side... i only saw one second of him before when i was flipping through channels, and all i thought was that his hat looked srsly stupid.

but i don't even know how this became a controversy... because who in the hell listens to that guy in the first place? it must've been a slow news day. (unfortunately that's been fixed... for lack of a better term.)

annnd i hate to say it... but if you read that conversation, the other guy did instigate it... he even used the term jiggaboo (why not throw the n-word in while he's at it?) was that guy fired??? i didn't even know there was another guy... how come the media didn't mention that?

imus was a douche for following along though. why should he have a job as a radio personality if he can't even think for himself? also, anyone else think it's funny that the other guy is named mcguirk? (like coach mcguirk on home movies?)

but yeah, the problem here is REAL racism, and that's what really needs to be dealt with. and until the world finally stops THAT, people are gonna go all nutzo over stupid shit. nazis and white fascists can hide behind the first amendment... but a guy who says something you hear in music videos all the time get's fired? our standards and practices are topsy turvy. and that's lamesauce if i've ever seen it.

the world's gotta make a change... and that's my cookie of knowledge for the day.
      well spent here on the lazytown boards... lolololol.
      *Claps* Well thought out. I agree with a lot of what you said.

The funny thing (well, not-so-funny) is that he's been doing this for yeeeeeears. It's not like this is the first time something bad slipped out of his mouth. They finally made an example out of someone, and lets hope this is a step towards betterment in the media.

Comment

• LoveTHYconan
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Loreanie
        The funny thing (well, not-so-funny) is that he's been doing this for yeeeeeears. It's not like this is the first time something bad slipped out of his mouth. They finally made an example out of someone, and lets hope this is a step towards betterment in the media.
        yeah, i know... i was reading more about him after i wrote that. the guy fails all over the floor! he's racist and homophobic and just srsly ****ed up. i hate people who make fun of everyone but themselves. i'm glad he lost his job... he shouldn't of had one in radio in the first place. now if only we could get rid of carlos mencia. XD

Comment

• Zafa
          SPECIAL MEMBER
          Level 28 - Friend For Life
          • Apr 2007

now if only we could get rid of carlos mencia. XD
          yay!

Comment

• ForGreatJustin
            Former Moderator
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            • Apr 2007

I love you.....

Yeah, not only is he being an idiot, he steals jokes!

Comment

• Zafa
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Sportajustin

I love you.....
              Hey! The only way your getting a piece of her, is if you have a three way with us!

Comment

• ForGreatJustin
                Former Moderator
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Zafa

I love you.....
                Hey! The only way your getting a piece of her, is if you have a three way with us!

You told me CJ was always involved... and the man to woman ratio is far to great for me.

But, yeah Imus said something stupid, but people make mistakes and its not the worst thing he could have said.
                My aunt calls me nappy headed and I didnt even know that was racially charged.

Comment

• Zafa
                  SPECIAL MEMBER
                  • Apr 2007

I love you.....

You told me CJ was always involved... and the man to woman ratio is far to great for me.
                  Need more men?

Comment

• ForGreatJustin
                    Former Moderator
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    • Apr 2007

YES!!

I mean, NO.

I'm confused.

Comment

• LoveTHYconan
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      • Apr 2007

Need more men?
                      YES PLZ!!!

Comment

• moomoo
                        Trixie's ToyBoy
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
                        • Apr 2007

It seems to have gone a bit offtipoc, but I'd like to add that this show doesn't even air over here so I don't care one way or the other, however I have always been of the opinion that stupid people should never be in the media. Like Jack Thompson or Paris Hilton. These people should not get attention. So if this guy is stupid, and he certainly seems to be, then by all means yes, get rid of him.

Comment

• Victoria
                          Owner of GetLazy
                          SPECIAL MEMBER
                          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by moomoo
                          It seems to have gone a bit offtipoc, but I'd like to add that this show doesn't even air over here so I don't care one way or the other, however I have always been of the opinion that stupid people should never be in the media. Like Jack Thompson or Paris Hilton. These people should not get attention. So if this guy is stupid, and he certainly seems to be, then by all means yes, get rid of him.
                          ...then there would be no one to put on the air, because they'd all be gone.

And quite frankly, Paris Hilton doesn't belong on Thompson's level. If I was Paris Hilton I'd be insulted right now. I'd take her over him any day.

As for the people voting yes, you are in favor of censorship. Therefore, you are UNAMERICAN. And if you don't live in the United States, you're a COMMIE. :hitler:

Comment

• Sir Finkus
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            Level 19 - Secret Friend
                            • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Xizer

And quite frankly, Paris Hilton doesn't belong on Thompson's level. If I was Paris Hilton I'd be insulted right now. I'd take her over him any day.

As for the people voting yes, you are in favor of censorship. Therefore, you are UNAMERICAN. And if you don't live in the United States, you're a COMMIE. :hitler:
                            I thought hitler hated commies...
                            we need a Hammer and sickle emoticon

Comment

• Zafa
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              • Apr 2007

Agree'd with the Thompson stuff

Um... I don't wanna break into an arguement, but didn't this just happen with Michael Richards?

But I don't think if you don't live in the U.S. you're a commie, That means your calling Creator of Lazytown a Commie!

Comment

• kelly
                                SPECIAL MEMBER
                                Level 19 - Secret Friend
                                • Apr 2007

As for the people voting yes, you are in favor of censorship.
                                Freedom of Speech doesn't mean you don't have to live with the consequences of your speech -- in this case his employers decided he was making them look bad. Also, the point of protecting FoS is so people have the right to speak out against the government, not so they can say hateful things about athletes for no apparent reason.

Comment

Working...