• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Seth
    GETLAZY MEMBER
    Level 10 - LazyTowner
    • Apr 2007

I'm back...BRIEFLY!

...to say Sir Finkus, your account at WoJ has been created and Xizer, a confirmation email to your address bounced like Happy Fun Ball on acid.
  • Victoria
    Owner of GetLazy
    SPECIAL MEMBER
    Level 28 - Friend For Life
    • Apr 2007

Wait what why

You left? Why does no one ever tell me when there's a problem, they just up and leave?

[email protected] is my e-mail address. Did you enter it right? I'm pretty sure Google doesn't bounce e-mails...

Comment

• Sir Finkus
      SPECIAL MEMBER
      Level 19 - Secret Friend
      • Apr 2007

thanks seth, why are you leaving again?

Comment

• nindanjoe
        Former Moderator
        SPECIAL MEMBER
        Level 27 - Little Pink Poster
        • Apr 2007

Are there any hidden requirements for joining the WOJ forums? I tried before a long time ago while doing the requirements listed, but I never got anything.

Comment

• Seth
          GETLAZY MEMBER
          Level 10 - LazyTowner
          • Apr 2007

Originally posted by nindanjoe
          Are there any hidden requirements for joining the WOJ forums? I tried before a long time ago while doing the requirements listed, but I never got anything.
          Would ya like to get to know me? That's one of the requirements. From Admin 1:

I got this idea from the Playful Play Forums. I feel that there are a lot of people who join and don't post or it's automated joining. So I disabled it from new people joining. If they want to join, they have follow these instructions.

If you want access to join the forum you must do one of two things.

1) Know a friend here and have them PM me with your desired user name and email address.

or

2) Email me yourself with the email you wish to sign up with, username you want, and you need to state that you've read/understand ALL the forum rules and will follow them. Oh and that you will try and post.
          [email protected]

3) All new members. Your posts will be moderated for 1 week. Then you will resume normal posting. Unless otherwise told so.

I need in your PM or email the following:
          Username:
          Temp. Password (you can change it once you've signed in):
          email address:

Thank you.

PS. Those that know I left know why I left and why I don't feel comfortable yet coming back full time.

Comment

• moomoo
            Trixie's ToyBoy
            SPECIAL MEMBER
            • Apr 2007

I don't understand why some forums try to be so exclusive. I can't imagine it's just to keep idiots out.

Comment

• Zokita
              SPECIAL MEMBER
              • Apr 2007

It's the way of the internet. Random forums are run by random people who establish random rules to fulfill their random whims...

It's like a balancing act. On one extreme, there's the option to have anyone be able to post without registering. On the other, there's the whole 'have at least three references, write an application essay minimum 1000 words, and post at least ten times a day once you join or get banned' crowd. You don't want to set the bar low enough that the forum gets flodded with spambots and trolls, but you don't want to set it so high that no one is willing to join.

Comment

• moomoo
                Trixie's ToyBoy
                SPECIAL MEMBER
                • Apr 2007

I was a member of a forum and at some point the came up with a new rule, that everyone should post a minimum of X posts per month or get their membership cancelled. I made a few posts per day for a while but after a few weeks it felt more like a chore than a fun pastime.

For background, it was a forum where people just posted pictures and stuff they found on the web or in magazines and whatnot, and the rule was introduced to get people to thank the uploaders for their trouble. But after a few dozen variations of 'thanks for the pics, they're great ', the fun kinda goes out of it. And there wasn't really a whole lot else to talk about.

Now I have no idea what happened to my account, but in all likelyhood it's gone, and I don't really care.

Comment

• Seth
                  GETLAZY MEMBER
                  Level 10 - LazyTowner
                  • Apr 2007

Originally posted by moomoo
                  I don't understand why some forums try to be so exclusive. I can't imagine it's just to keep idiots out.
                  Quite actually, yes it is. As I'm sure everyone is well aware, Julianna is the target of a lot of bizarre attention. And it's not as bad as it seems. Just dropping someone a line saying "Hey, I want to join. Here's why." Then writing a sentence or two is nothing. I'll let you in on a secret: We do send out a warning email to those who haven't posted in a while, but Sara never enforces it. That's not to say you can join and just sit there. We have a core group of people that post and it's getting rather dull, actually.

Comment

• EdisLeado
                    Founder of GetLazy
                    SPECIAL MEMBER
                    Level 15 - The Baby Troll
                    • Apr 2007

Ha, and I thought I was being stingy with the minimum 50 post count.
                    sigpic

Comment

• ForGreatJustin
                      Former Moderator
                      SPECIAL MEMBER
                      Level 28 - Friend For Life
                      • Apr 2007

Originally posted by Seth
                      Quite actually, yes it is. As I'm sure everyone is well aware, Julianna is the target of a lot of bizarre attention. And it's not as bad as it seems. Just dropping someone a line saying "Hey, I want to join. Here's why." Then writing a sentence or two is nothing. I'll let you in on a secret: We do send out a warning email to those who haven't posted in a while, but Sara never enforces it. That's not to say you can join and just sit there. We have a core group of people that post and it's getting rather dull, actually.
                      Well, its a forum about one person. How much can you really say?

Comment

• moomoo
                        Trixie's ToyBoy
                        SPECIAL MEMBER
                        • Apr 2007

Lots of variations on 'Julianna is Really Great and She have Many Talents thanks God '

Comment

• BlackPaint
                          GETLAZY MEMBER
                          Level 9 - Energy Poster
                          • Apr 2007

Lots of variations on 'Julianna is Really Great and She have Many Talents thanks God '
                          So basically it's a teeming mass of Edgars? Quick! Get them while they're all in one spot!

Comment

• Edgar
                            SPECIAL MEMBER
                            • Apr 2007

Hey They are myyyy Words Dont Copy me

Comment

• moomoo
                              Trixie's ToyBoy
                              SPECIAL MEMBER
                              • Apr 2007

well, I did write them myself technically, I didn't copy them from my big book of Edgar quotes.

Comment

Working...