London 2012 Olympics Logo

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• London 2012 Olympics Logo

Incase you can't quite make out what is this thing, its meant say 20-12. When I first saw it, I thought it was a family of ducks. It apparently took a whole year and 400,000 pounds to create. Heres what some douchebags had to say about it:

London 2012 commitee:
    The new emblem is dynamic, modern and flexible. It will work with new technology and across traditional and new media networks.

It will become London 2012's visual icon, instantly recognisable amongst all age groups, all around the world. It will establish the character and identity of the London 2012 Games and what the Games will symbolise nationally and internationally.
    Chairman Sebastian Coe at the launch:
    "This is the vision at the very heart of our brand," he added. "It will define the venues we build and the Games we hold and act as a reminder of our promise to use the Olympic spirit to inspire everyone and reach out to young people around the world."
    Prime Minister Tony Blair who was fired after this statement:
    "When people see the new brand, we want them to be inspired to make a positive change in their life," said Prime Minister Tony Blair who was fired after this statement.

"London 2012 will be a great sporting summer but will also allow Britain to showcase itself to the world."

"This is a truly innovative brand logo that graphically captures the essence of the London 2012 Olympic Games, namely to inspire young people around the world through sport and the Olympic values,"
    However Bob Blackman, the Conservative Party's London Assembly Olympics spokesman was less than impressed.
    "Lord Coe has described this logo as 'ambitious, interactive and youth-friendly' -- I would describe it as hideous," he said.

"Questions needed be answered as to how we have ended up in this situation. Was there an open competition to supply the designs? If so, what on Earth do the rejected ones look like."

"We need to know how much money this exercise has cost, because whatever it was, it's been a complete waste of money."
    I bet france have been pissing themselves with laughter all day.

that is the biggest pile of crap EVER period.

how anybody can like it is beyond me, i dint know it said 2012 until what was posted in this thread, so someone looking at it with no info will have no idea it says 2012.

Comment

I like this one better.

Comment

Originally posted by CarbonXe
        I like this one better.

hahaha, oh man, I hope thats a ref to something... or else I have a sick dirty mind

Comment

i might just be thinking same thing zafa lolz

we must be dirty minded

Comment

Originally posted by Stevilito
            i might just be thinking same thing zafa lolz

we must be dirty minded
            lol I would post a pic, but I probably would be banned haha

Comment

Or certainly mentally scar some people for life.

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo
                Or certainly mentally scar some people for life.
                lol I can see this thread being locked up anytime soon

Comment

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Xizer replaced the entire thread with the aforementioned pic, or maybe put it as the background.

Comment

Originally posted by moomoo
                    Actually, I wouldn't be surprised if Xizer replaced the entire thread with the aforementioned pic, or maybe put it as the background.
                    haha thats if Xizer gets to it first, depends which mod or admin gets to it first, I will be prepared though each time I click this thread

Comment

yes zaf i think you would be banned haha

Comment

I think that...rather disturbing suggestive imagery has grabbed my goat, so to speak.

Comment

Worst symbol ever.

Even Sydney's was better. :)

Comment

At first I thought it was a japanese symbol (Kanji), but still after I read what it means I can't really see the numbers. :/

It looks interesting, but well... somehow boring. o_O

Comment

lol its been recalled already. time to spend another 400 grand of tax payers money on a new logo :|

Comment

Working...
                              X